Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
Nothing officially announced and I don't really know the site the rumor comes from, but either way, it's obvious Rocksteady will make another Arkham game. So...

It comes to no surprise to learn that eventually, the Batman series will add a new title to its long-lasting franchise. After speaking with a source connected within Warner Bros. Interactive, we learned that the developers responsible for Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are currently working on a new project. From what we've heard, the next game of the series will be called Batman: Arkham Knight.

Batman: Arkham Knight, like Arkham City will feature an open world map. However, players will be able to gain a little more freedom than what was given to them in Arkham City. In addition, the artistic style is set to resemble those of Arkham City.

As far as it goes in terms of villains and storyline, you will have to be patient since we do not possess any more details than the ones mentioned above. However, what we can say is that our source tells us that if the development goes well, we might be looking at a release scheduled for the Holiday season of 2014, on Xbox One and PS4.
More details coming soon!

IMGMR.com

It would be cool if they announced it tonight, during the VGX.

So it seems the franchise is indeed becoming an annual game,Cool to have Rocksteady working on the next one but so will it just be them again or will it be like the COD games with RS doing Arkham sequels one year while WB does Arkham prequels and/or spin offs the next year??

I would have no problem with that arrangement. Still, I am excited about the next Arkham game.

So it seems the franchise is indeed becoming an annual game,Cool to have Rocksteady working on the next one but so will it just be them again or will it be like the COD games with RS doing Arkham sequels one year while WB does Arkham prequels and/or spin offs the next year??

I sincerely hope that's not the case.

I wouldn't say it's proven that it's an annual game, it just happened that instead of waiting for Arkham 3. WB wanted to make more money, we still don't know if for example WB montreal's next game is Arkham Origins Spoilers:
Suicide Squad with Deahtstroke
Or was that a teaser for Origins 2.

Just remember that Batman turns 75 in 2014 AND we are getting an Arkham-verse animated movie. Batman 3 from Rocksteady was bound to happen for next-gen games.

Last edited:
"A little more freedom"? No, I want total freedom. I want ALL of Gotham damnit!

If they included the map from AO and added in Arkham Asylum, that would be terrific.

If they included the map from AO and added in Arkham Asylum, that would be terrific.

I'm sure they'll include the new Gotham section of AO. But there is a whole city across the bay to explore. I've been dying to go there since AA. I really hope they go all out in this game allow us to explore all of Gotham. ALL OF IT.

@BrollySupersj:

Indeed. I was preparing for the worst case scenario and what the minimum would be to please me. Again, there is indeed a city 'cross the bay that can be explored (I'd like see Dr. Thompkins' clinic for starters...)

I thought this was going to be a sequel to City? In which case, Dick is already Nightwing.

I do believe it is going to be a sequel to AC (esp. with all of the plotlines seeded in AC...)

Hopefully this is the last "Arkham" title and we can get out of this Arkham frame of mind.

Hopefully this is the last "Arkham" title and we can get out of this Arkham frame of mind.
yeah, how unoriginal. They should have let Origins be the last one and leave it as a thing of last gen

yeah, how unoriginal. They should have let Origins be the last one and leave it as a thing of last gen

Yea unfortunately i don't think they will. These companies think gamers are stupid(hell they might be right as you'd be shocked at how ill-informed the avg gaming public really is) and the "Arkham" name is tied to this image of Batman. This series. The same thing happened back when CoD: Modern Warfare 2 was coming out. IW wanted to just call it Modern Warfare 2, but Activsion refused out of concerns that gamers wouldn't associate it with the CoD franchise.

Yaaay! I hope you get to explore Gotham this time

Call it Arkham Janitorial Closet for all I care, as long as the games are still awesome.

I like this deal a lot. Because unlike COD where it's literally the same recycled **** every year the Arkham games have PLENTY of source material to adapt from and work with to keep it inventive and fresh.

Really hope we get to play more as Catwoman or Robin or Nightwing or Batgirl.

Depends on if this is after Origins or after City. I would prefer Babs but I have no qualms with getting Cassie or Steph.

I'd love to play as Steph, she's fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"