What will be Marvel's answer to Batman Arkham City?

I think a Black Panther game would be incredible if they wanted a game exactly like Arkham Asylum/City. With Wakanda you can create your own environment much like Arkham instead of relying on a big city like New York. Plus you could have Black Panther running up walls, and that would just be cool as hell.

Now if you're talking a game that gives you the experience of feeling like the character you're playing as, Ultimate Destruction was pretty much the AA for the Hulk. It's not as deep as AA, but it's not supposed to be. Spider-man 2 was like that too. I really would love to see a Daredevil game. There is a ton of untapped potential there.

as long as Activision keeps churning out Spiderman and X-Men games every year like they do with COD, they will always be pretty mediocre. Sega hasn't really done a good job as well with their tie-in games.
Activision doesnt push out X-men games every year. We just got our first one in about 6 years. If they had any sense they would had its development start sooner than it actually did , considering there was such a big gap

I selected the 'Bioshock'd Captain America, because it connects with my idea about how Marvel could create a rival to Arkham City. The following scenario emerged from a basic concern: gameplay. As a casual gamer, I enjoy games that permit the customization and evolution of equipment. Thus, I envision a game where Captain America has his standard equipment in the base form - like in the film - but, as the narrative proceeds and experience points are acquired, points can be invested towards the aforementioned transformation of equipment. It would be akin to a trial and error approach: Captain receives a piece of equipment, tests it in the field, and has modifications made to it to suit his current mission based on the performance.

In addition, I would like to see the ingame skins/costumes handled in the same way: it would be nice to have access to multiple skins like in Arkham City, but be able to customize the outfit: straps from one outfit, helmet from the film, etc.

The next aspect would be the environment to test the equipment: since I would set it in the World War II Europe, I would have a series of searchable/free roam areas that span multiple countries. Each one would be unique in its own way (facilities located under water, mountain top bases, etc.) To make the load times more fluid, they could have the transitions between rendered as air drops, as it would be the logical way to travel Europe in the 'fast mode' unique to video games. Thus, having the environments spread over countries, there could be unique architecture, tasks, and enemies - Hydra agents in one, Nazi's in another, both in another, etc.

At last, but not least, the narrative: the Arkham City structure - having multiple villains beneath one lead individual - would work well with the Marvel Universe, as the arrangements and candidates for the rogues' gallery are endless. With that said, it does not have to be the overcasting that some perceive in Arkham City - they could lightly salt the game with small nods/cameos here and there. In essence, the discipline would be that as executed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

At last, but not least, it would be nice to see a developer pull elements from all of the decades Captain America has been in existence, and not be restricted by existing continuities.

I think a Black Panther game would be incredible if they wanted a game exactly like Arkham Asylum/City. With Wakanda you can create your own environment much like Arkham instead of relying on a big city like New York. Plus you could have Black Panther running up walls, and that would just be cool as hell.

Now if you're talking a game that gives you the experience of feeling like the character you're playing as, Ultimate Destruction was pretty much the AA for the Hulk. It's not as deep as AA, but it's not supposed to be. Spider-man 2 was like that too. I really would love to see a Daredevil game. There is a ton of untapped potential there.
Yep sounds awesome. Problem is that not a lot of people know of Black Panther, and it'd just look like Batman set in Africa. I actually don't know much about Black Panther. I assume he kills, because he has that giant sword? It'd be cool if they could combine the movement system from AA and Infamous, I think that'd make for a really good game. Plus to be able to actually interact with the people, rather than being in a megaprison would be great.

Yep sounds awesome. Problem is that not a lot of people know of Black Panther, and it'd just look like Batman set in Africa. I actually don't know much about Black Panther. I assume he kills, because he has that giant sword? It'd be cool if they could combine the movement system from AA and Infamous, I think that'd make for a really good game. Plus to be able to actually interact with the people, rather than being in a megaprison would be great.
I dont thin thats a big problem. I actually think that might work for them. They can focus solely on making a great game and not be worried about legions of fans having outrageous expectactions. With a BP game, they'd have to rely more on having a solid game to sell it and not fall back on merely the license as has been the case for something like Spiderman. And a BP doesnt have to be set in Africa. They could have it based in and out of Hells Kitchen where his solo recently was based out of not too long ago.

Well he doesn't have a sword anymore. That was just because one particular writer gave him the Black Knight's Ebony Blade for no real reason besides the fact that the sword had the name ebony in it.:whatever:

He does have a lot of weapons perfect for a video game. He uses what's called energy daggers which can be best described as phasers mixed with light sabers. They small daggers of heat that can be fired like phasers, but they slice through things easily like light sabers. He also uses electrical devices to shock people, has claws that can do a lot of damage, used an electrical fist when he fought Iron Man, and he literally runs up walls. They could probably create some things for him if they were to put him in a game. I know that in the Avengers cartoon they made his suit radiation proof instead of just absorbing impacts like in the comics. Plus his country is very unique looking, and it could be great to see in a game. Here's a pic of Wakanda in the comics. Imagine that in a video game!
1455023-wakanda_super.jpg

With video games it might be easier to sell than comics because the fanbase is larger, and a lot of fans don't really stick to the same franchises the way comic fans do. Comic fans will stick with JLA and Avenger stuff while gaming fans will try out anything if it looks good. A number of games get good word of mouth hype and sell pretty well, and I think that it's time comics companies realize this and use their huge rosters to their advantage. The big names can and will sell like Batman and Spider-man has, but you could probably get a million copies of games sold combined from people like Ms. Marvel, Blue Beetle, Heroes for Hire, etc. if they come out as good games.

I was always thinking of Deadpool possibly?

It could happen. Deadpool's insanely popular right now, hopefully some game developers see that & leap at the chance to make a game of everyone's favorite merc.

It could happen. Deadpool's insanely popular right now, hopefully some game developers see that & leap at the chance to make a game of everyone's favorite merc.

Is he popular outside of comic fans though? Part of Batman's success was because he's a brand name. The general audience main exposure to Deadpool is from Wolverine, which isn't exactly the best exposure.

Marvel thought they could ****e Deadpool out like they do Wolverine and Spiderman and well that bombed

Is he popular outside of comic fans though? Part of Batman's success was because he's a brand name. The general audience main exposure to Deadpool is from Wolverine, which isn't exactly the best exposure.
Outside of comics, his primary exposure has been the recent MvC3 and before that Wolverine Origins and well thats a different take on the character. Outside of that, he's not widely known

That's the problem with DC, they give the best to Batman (best movie, best show, best games), but everyone else gets s*** on. The only DC character who's had some luck outside of comics is Superman, who's had some decent movies & a decent animated series.
Idk if you're just exaggerating or that is your personal opinion, but I thought Superman had great movies, and a great animated series. I wouldn't say awesome, because I would reserve that for the most of the Spidey and Batman movies/shows, but still.

A Dare devil game could be done VERY similar to the arkham games, with a blind vision as opposed to detective....

also a punisher in the style of opposite GTA would be fun

An open world Punisher game would be fantastic. Where is he located in the comics usually? I'm thinking NYC, but he doesn't seem to run into Spidey too often.

For my contribution to this thread, I would say a focused team game for the X-men or Avengers would be the best. By focused I mean a team limit of 7-9, so there are no recycled character-types (the max could probably be closer to 15 if the more unknown teammates were used). For example, an Avengers team would consist of Cap, IM, Thor, Hulk, Antman, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision and Quicksilver, while an X-men team would consist of Colossus, Beast, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Storm, Wolverine, Iceman, Angel (probably have to go with Archangel so there would be offensive capabilities), and Cyclops. Unlike XML/MUA, the powerhouses would be clearly 500x stronger than everyone else (ie only Colossus, Hulk, Wolverine, Antman and Thor could go up to a Sentinel/Frost Giant and punch it into submission), but everyone would still be fun to fight as. I believe characters like Iceman, Phoenix, Iron Man and Storm would be the most fun to play as. The flyers would be hard for the game developers to work with, but I think a truly great developer could make it happen.

Deadpool with some Metal Gear type game play would be kick ass.

What about an Iron Fist game that aspires to UnCharted ? Great history, Good story, supporting characters (Luke Cage, Spidey e.g) Mysterious artifacts, amazing locations and awesome kung fu :)

What about an Iron Fist game that aspires to UnCharted ? Great history, Good story, supporting characters (Luke Cage, Spidey e.g) Mysterious artifacts, amazing locations and awesome kung fu :)

I don't have a PS3, but that description sounds perfect. There is also a game that came out on the original XBox called Jade Empire. Bioware made it, and it's supposed to be an incredible world of kung-fu mysticism. I would love it if they did an Iron Fist game like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"