Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Jeff Sneider just hint that Christian Bale could return as Batman on twitter? Crazy Days and Nights blog also reported that WB wants him back in the cowl a few months ago.

This thread has been a blast. :funny:

I mean, I don’t doubt that they’d want him to, but it’s not happening.

Help us Christian Bale, you’re our only hope.

I’d take Bale over just about anyone to be honest

I love him, but I’m ready to move on. The only former Batman I’m interested in seeing take another crack at it is Keaton. For better or worse, everyone else had their chance.

I've no doubt WB are still high on Bale as Bats, especially since his career has been steadily accumulating prestige post-TDKR.

But the fact is he's loyal to Nolan and he's no longer strapped for cash. I'd bet my life savings there's no chance of his return.

Did Jeff Sneider just hint that Christian Bale could return as Batman on twitter? Crazy Days and Nights blog also reported that WB wants him back in the cowl a few months ago.

tenor.gif

The only precedent we have for an actor playing two different iterations of the same character is Reynolds and Deadpool, but the circumstances behind that were... unique.

Besides, we've been hearing for months that the film will focus on a younger Batman.

This ain't happening.

The only precedent we have for an actor playing two different iterations of the same character is Reynolds and Deadpool, but the circumstances behind that were... unique.

Besides, we've been hearing for months that the film will focus on a younger Batman.

This ain't happening.
He would be playing the same character in the exact same universe just with a different director. We haven’t heard anything about casting from reputable sources. Forbes and Latino Review don’t know anything and are just guessing.

Bale already made it clear that, sans Nolan's involvement, he wouldn't be up for playing the part again. He's not the type to go back on his word. End of story.

Bale already made it clear that, sans Nolan's involvement, he wouldn't be up for playing the part again. He's not the type to go back on his word. End of story.
Things change. Money changes people’s minds a lot in this world.

He would be playing the same character in the exact same universe just with a different director. We haven’t heard anything about casting from reputable sources. Forbes and Latino Review don’t know anything and are just guessing.
So you're operating under the assumption that this would be a continuation of Nolan's trilogy?

I'd be all for a Bale reprisal, just because that finale sits less and less well with me with every passing year, but...

Ain't gonna happen.

I bet this was the origin of that supposed Christian Bale back as Batman leak:

Two executives are peeing next to each other in their urinals.
Executive One: Man, this whole Batman thing is a nightmare. I wish we had Christian Bale back.
Executive Two: Yeah, me too. Everything was more simple back then.
Janitor overhears them talking while he's in the toilet, instantly messages a random scooper.
Janitor: Warner executives want Christian Bale back as Batman!

So you're operating under the assumption that this would be a continuation of Nolan's trilogy?
Yes, if he comes back it’ll be the same “world” but with a different filmmaker. Makes no sense otherwise.

Things change. Money changes people’s minds a lot in this world.

He doesn’t need money. He’s famous enough at this point to demand whatever amount of money he wants for any given project.

Jeff Sneider has actual real sources since he’s worked in trades but CDAN is NOT a trustworthy site even for a blind item one. Also, they reported it back in 2017 so that’s more than a one year old “blind”. The reveal was done in Jan 2018 but the actual blind item was posted in 2017.

Crazy Days and Nights: Blind Items Revealed #2

I think Sneider is just trolling or the hint is more along the lines of “yeah fans should give up because that’s NOT happening” type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"