Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It's so redundant talking about bale returning lol, what's the point? Why should he show back up as somebody elses batman, when he's so connected to the nolan-verse? Why is it worth discussing after it had been discussed to death before Affleck got cast and after? This is like people who still keep begging for Jk Simmons to come back as JJJ.
Because it’s currently relevant. It was mentioned by a reputable source, we can’t not discuss it. Especially when we’ve been starved for information on the future of Batman movies...

I get that. But at this point what's left to say about bale being batman that hasn't already been said ? Makes this place feel like an endless loop, and given the conversations typically go here it pretty much is an endless loop. Granted we lack any substantial news I pretty much expect things to revert back to the same conversations lol.

Affleck staying would at least tell us this is firmly set in the DCEU instead of being...Whatever this is. I mean it sounds a reboot, but then it also kinda sounds like a prequel.

Rebootquel rolls off the tongue better and keeps it ambiguous as far as what kind of -quel

I wouldn't have a problem with Affleck returning if he tried as hard as he did in BvS. His Batman in Justice League felt lazy.
I really enjoyed him in BvS but I’d rather just have a recast.
I want a trilogy and I don’t want years and years of more “is Affleck out as Batman?” :funny:

I wouldn't have a problem with Affleck returning if he tried as hard as he did in BvS. His Batman in Justice League felt lazy.

It was already too late in the game when the studio suddenly opted to "accelerate the story to get to the hope and optimism a little faster." Affleck's performance in the film, for better or worse, was heavily informed by that for a few different reasons. Likewise, with the proper material, I'm sure that he'd be able to once again channel the dark intensity that so well defined his first outing in the role. Here's the thing, though. At this point, I just don't care what he does, as I've already made peace with the unlikelihood of him returning. If he comes back, cool. If he doesn't, still cool.

same, imagine how it would be a 4th Nolan film with Dick Grayson and Batman together, Catwoman and new villains whoa!
I think about that all the time.

I would've been so much happier if Rises was open ended, and John Blake was named Dick Grayson instead. The ending should have been Batman deciding he can never give up, and deciding to train his protege, Dick Grayson. That would have been so much more ideal.

I would've beefed up Maroni's role in The Dark Knight and replaced him with Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin. The mob element of that trilogy provided the perfect opportunity to introduce Oswald Cobblepot.

I would've loved to have gotten an Arkham Asylum centric film with Heath Ledger's Joker and Brittany Murphy's Harley Quinn. That could've been incredible.

I think about that all the time.

I would've been so much happier if Rises was open ended, and John Blake was named Dick Grayson instead. The ending should have been Batman deciding he can never give up, and deciding to train his protege, Dick Grayson. That would have been so much more ideal.

I would've beefed up Maroni's role in The Dark Knight and replaced him with Philip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin. The mob element of that trilogy provided the perfect opportunity to introduce Oswald Cobblepot.

I would've loved to have gotten an Arkham Asylum centric film with Heath Ledger's Joker and Brittany Murphy's Harley Quinn. That could've been incredible.

ugh, that sounds awesome, too bad people always think in only 3 films smh, Nolan could have made that the greatest film

The Dark Knight Rises as a definitive closing chapter in the development of its iteration of Bruce Wayne’s relationship with the Batman persona > spuned-off extended universe that coasts of the trilogy’s popularity (in particular Ledger’s performance) / inclusions of more popular comic characters for the sake of their popularities

Yeah I'm cool with how it ended but I would've been cool with one or two or three more. I get that Nolan always envisioned a trilogy, I wish he would've envisioned it as two trilogies...

If I could warp reality, the fourth one might've looked like this:
b5b07419f9959a54cc7d461c79c5c5a2.jpg
tumblr_m7iqpo8D3m1qzunp8o1_250.png

dark-knight-rises-leonardo-dicaprio-riddler-slice.jpg

capote-20051109082607113-000.jpg

Sue me

Yep, he was really going for it in BvS but the JL version just turned upand did little more (I realise he had personal issues at the time).

Meh. I though Affleck was out of his element in both movies. I just can’t buy him as Batman. His “just act drunk all the time” public Bruce Wayne persona was cringey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"