Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATJ sucked in Godzilla, sucked in AoU, and while none of those movies are great, they're not "terrible". They're competent movies with competent casts that'd give a chance for a charismatic actor to shine through... and he was the most dull, uninspired part of both of them.

Hmmm, but which plank of wood is more wooden? I'll take ATJ over Hammer, lesser of two 2x4's.

Glancing at an actor’s potential based on supporting minor roles in his weakest movies of their resume, is poor judgment.

He's extremely tall and has a cool voice, so if nothing else, he'd sound and look interesting. The only thing ATJ has going for him is how jacked he is.

I wonder who Matt Reeves choices are. The only thing we sort of know is he looked at Jake Gyllenhaal and Jack Huston so he's probably looking for someone with that talent. So far, the only one that seems like it'd satisfy both Reeves and WB is Pattinson

I listened on my way home from work! I have an hour commute so I'm happy to do the dirty work for you guys, lol.

Basically said that the window in which the age range they are looking to cast/portray Batman in is narrowing, and is firmly in the 30-34 range, so that basically kicks anyone like Dylan O'Brien who could still convincingly play a 19-20 year old off of the table despite being close to 30.

He says that he hears Armie Hammer and ATJ are serious possibilities that he's heard the studio is interested in and that others like Robert Pattinson, Richard Madden, etc are all possibilities but he hasn't heard specifically from his sources that they are legit.

Side note said that Christopher Abbott as far as he knows is not in the running and is still in fancast territory. Caveat is that there's no reason why it couldnt still happen if the casting call is more open.
Interesting that Reeves has changed his "very specific age-range". How legit is this Mario guy? Has anybody asked any of the scoopers whether they're hearing the same things about the age-range opening up to mid 30s? Because we're starting to lose that young Batman angle that the trades were adamant about. At least according to Mario

Interesting that Reeves has changed his "very specific age-range". How legit is this Mario guy? Has anybody asked any of the scoopers whether they're hearing the same things about the age-range opening up to mid 30s? Because we're starting to lose that young Batman angle that the trades were adamant about. At least according to Mario
I mean, he's gotten some casting predictions right for the Joker movie (he revealed who the actor that plays Bruce is gonna be), he has gotten a lot of stuff right in terms of revealing voice actors of upcoming animated movies, everything he's said about how the script is developing sounds about right.
And he's not an insufferable ******** like DanielRPK or El Mayimbe so I give him a bit of credibility

ATJ is a good actor. Between Nowhere Boy, Kick-Ass, Savages and Nocturnal Animals, the guy clearly has a ton of range. Give him an interesting character to play, and he kills it. He just plays boring roles boring-ly, lol. Maybe he’s just not a blockbuster leading man type.

Nah he sucks in that but I’m not going into again!!!!!!

tumblr_ojwa9rTS9K1s1bunio9_r1_250.gif

I mean, he's gotten some casting predictions right for the Joker movie (he revealed who the actor that plays Bruce is gonna be), he has gotten a lot of stuff right in terms of revealing voice actors of upcoming animated movies, everything he's said about how the script is developing sounds about right.
And he's not an insufferable ******** like DanielRPK or El Mayimbe so I give him a bit of credibility
I was starting to suspect that he has someone he wants for the role, maybe even Affleck. Hence why every week the age range is getting wider and wider from what was originally reported. I mean, they're not going to have a 36 year old playing a 27 year old Batman, that's for sure.

Still, someone should ask KC Walsh and the others about this. I'm getting suspicious about this whole thing.

Hopefully Pattinson gets it. I've kinda grown cold to Hammer myself. He'd be a young Affleck.

ATJ is a good actor. Between Nowhere Boy, Kick-Ass, Savages and Nocturnal Animals, the guy clearly has a ton of range. Give him an interesting character to play, and he kills it. He just plays boring roles boring-ly, lol. Maybe he’s just not a blockbuster leading man type.
I mean, I'm gonna watch Nocturnal Animals and Nowhere Boy to give him the benefit of the doubt but still, maybe he's good for certain roles, energetic roles, but not for one that requieres the... emotional complexity and stoicism of Batman.

I was starting to suspect that he has someone he wants for the role, maybe even Affleck. Hence why every week the age range is getting wider and wider from what was originally reported. I mean, they're not going to have a 36 year old playing a 27 year old Batman, that's for sure.

Still, someone should ask KC Walsh and the others about this. I'm getting suspicious about this whole thing.

Hopefully Pattinson gets it. I've kinda grown cold to Hammer myself. He'd be a young Affleck.
Wider? The list is actually narrowing down, and it's normal if theyre just about to start the process of casting, screen tests and so on. And he was waving the Affleck is out flag while DanielRPK insisted "there's still a chance"

can you imagine ATJ's reedy voice as Batman?

can
you
IMAGINE?

I’d still take him over Hammer in a heartbeat, lol. Just give him Affleck’s voice changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"