Batman/Bruce Wayne Casting Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20190215-224058.png

Obviously, take it with a grain of salt but even if you don't believe Mario this sounds pretty reasonable.
So, basing ourselves on his reports, this is what they're looking for, when casting Batman:
30-34
Familiar face.
Handsome
Can play the social media or public appearances game.
And Reeves wants a very good actor on the level of Jake Gyllenhaal.

That's pretty much the requirement for actors taking on these roles tho. lol

No need for a scooper to tell us that.

Young enough actor for a potential trilogy.
Familiar face that the audience knows.
An actor active on social media and will charm them bloggers.

I also don't trust this mario guy at all, but to each their own. Even Mayimbe now is far more reliable it seems.

Ever since Mayimbe joined The Wrap, he's actually had to, like, verify scoops like an actual journalist instead of just posting whatever he hears for clicks. So yeah, he's definitely more reliable these days. And on the flip side, he also has a lot less info to offer. I don't trust this Mario guy either, but he's giving us stuff to chat about and it's fun to speculate nonetheless.

Yeah. His stuff is worth sharing here if only because it keeps the discussion going to talk under the limits he's setting (which are actually pretty reasonable)

Ever since Mayimbe joined The Wrap, he's actually had to, like, verify scoops like an actual journalist instead of just posting whatever he hears for clicks. So yeah, he's definitely more reliable these days. And on the flip side, he also has a lot less info to offer. I don't trust this Mario guy either, but he's giving us stuff to chat about and it's fun to speculate nonetheless.
His other site though, Heroic Hollywood, is literally one of the worst.

If they're looking for an actor that can play the public appearances game... ATJ is definitely not it.. He just comes across as weird in interviews.

That dark hair looks so good on him in controlled lighting, and then so bad and unnatural in natural light, lol.

Natural light exposes all.

batmanazraelknightsend16.jpg

batmanazraelknightsend17.jpg

batmanazraelknightsend18.jpg

I would fire my agent if he couldn't at least get my tape to Reeves/WB. Forget about it. Oliver can get another suitor after Hill House, easy. Fire that agent asap. lol

Even if we listen to just Justin Kroll, WB/Reeves are probably sleeping on him because he's hardly a familiar face.

Even if we listen to just Justin Kroll, WB/Reeves are probably sleeping on him because he's hardly a familiar face.
Didn't Kroll say WB are the ones who want a familiar face while implying Reeves wants someone lesser known? I don't think it will matter to Reeves and that Mario guy is clearly pushing for one his favorites who have all of these "attributes"... Like being active on Social media? Weird

Didn't Kroll say WB are the ones who want a familiar face while implying Reeves wants someone lesser known? I don't think it will matter to Reeves and that Mario guy is clearly pushing for one his favorites who have all of these "attributes"... Like being active on Social media? Weird
He's not pushing for anybody, at least it didn't appear to me it being that way in his podcast. Literally he seems like he'd be fine with a different number of choices, some of them unknown actors that he didn't put on his lists. And it isn't that weird that they want a guy that can play the social media and public appearances game the way that Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, RDJ, Chris Evans, etc, do. It's been proven to be quite effective to have actors that are visibly passionate for the fandom and the character.

He's not pushing for anybody, at least it didn't appear to me it being that way in his podcast. Literally he seems like he'd be fine with a different number of choices, some of them unknown actors that he didn't put on his lists. And it isn't that weird that they want a guy that can play the social media and public appearances game the way that Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, RDJ, Chris Evans, etc, do. It's been proven to be quite effective to have actors that are visibly passionate for the fandom and the character.
Any actor can do that. They're gonna have to regardless of who Is cast as part of the Press junket for the movie.

This just seems like a weird preemptive mandate for the role. Makes me think he has someone specific in mind. I can't think of anybody on that list who is, maybe Efron?

What next, they have to wear cargo pants and polo shirts to be considered for the role?

Any actor can do that. They're gonna have to regardless of who Is cast as part of the Press junket for the movie.

This just seems like a weird preemptive mandate for the role. Makes me think he has someone specific in mind. I can't think of anybody on that list who is, maybe Efron?

What next, they have to wear cargo pants and polo shirts to be considered for the role?
Mario has never mentioned Zac Efron in any list whatsoever.
And no, not every actor out there is willing to do that especially with a franchise as big as this one, there are a lot that prefer to be much more reclusive. Ben definitely wasn't, you can tell he was always annoyed by the questions about Batman. It makes sense they'd want a person that can talk about the character 24/7 and each time seem excited about it.

Mario has never mentioned Zac Efron in any list whatsoever.
And no, not every actor out there is willing to do that especially with a franchise as big as this one, there are a lot that prefer to be much more reclusive. Ben definitely wasn't, you can tell he was always annoyed by the questions about Batman. It makes sense they'd want a person that can talk about the character 24/7 and each time seem excited about it.
You believe Mario?

Sigh. Dear Reeves and Warners, please hurry the hell up and come to a decision soon. The guessing game thing is losing its flavor faster than a stick of Wrigley's chewing gum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"