Not open for further replies.
WTIozDf.jpg
19755b3e1d0fb4d9ac1540b29629a626.jpg

Clark / Bruce

--

mbYTmkc.jpg

and Lex Luthor​

Last edited:
I always found Josh Brolin to have a boring screen presence, and the fact that he reminds me of Jonah Hex movie doesn't help. :hehe:

If its one of the older actors, I expect Nightwing and at least one other apprentice, with Hamm, Brolin, etc., showing their character as a patriarch and veteran general.

If its a younger actor, I expect hinting at him adopting Dick Grayson and training Robin, with Hedlund, Gyllenhal, etc., showing a compassionate older brother mentor for a younger actor.

Introducing the Bat-family is the best way to differentiate this series from the old one and opens up the, in my opinion much more profitable, possibility of making the Batman films their own team-up adventures like a mini-Avengers or Justice League. Plus, I think audiences would actually enjoy watching a young Robin become Nightwing, seeing Jason Todd or Tim Drake succeed him, and having Babs Gordon rise in the ranks herself, maybe merging Oracle and Batgirl to make her dangerous, or introducing the awesomeness that is Cassandra Cain for fight scenes that make people drool.

I always found Josh Brolin to have a boring screen presence, and the fact that he reminds me of Jonah Hex movie doesn't help. :hehe:

You mean that poorly written and managed movie that was doomed no matter who was in it? That's very fair of ya.

How about checking out some flicks where he actually showed off his acting chops and had good material to work with?

In every website people were asking for an older Batman in here people were fiercely opposed to an older actor. In every website people are asking for Urban in here people are asking for Gosling that place is missing the spot. Not everybody but some are missing the spot very bad. Since the beginning your missing the spot.

Still no solid info on this casting choice .
For all we know, the name of the actor who will be the next Batman has not yet been mentioned.

Jon Hamm would make such a better Bruce than Lex... If anything, Brolin should be lex and Hamm should be Batman.

Bathamm

*cough* nah dude *cough*

Why not? I find he has both roles that come with the character nailed, and he's relatively unknown but has shown his acting skills. Plus I think he has the looks looking mature but not wrinkled.

He is a decent actor, but i don't think he'd bring anything exceptional to the role.

Also I find him to not be very attractive, his nose is especially distracting, it makes him look more like a villain than Batman.
I basically just don't like his face for Batman as shallow as that sounds

He is a decent actor, but i don't think he'd bring anything exceptional to the role.

Also I find him to not be very attractive, his nose is especially distracting, it makes him look more like a villain than Batman.
I basically just don't like his face for Batman as shallow as that sounds

They could probably CGI it down or something :awesome:

Saying he looks like a villain could hilariously be construed as a compliment. Batman's a dark character, and possibly an antagonist in this film.

Though now for some reason I'm thinking of Armitage as the Shadow, with that villainous schnoz looming over a bandana...

Talking about The Shadow, Alec Baldwin would've made a good Batman a couple of decades ago...

It's not a compliment.
Villain have generally an ugly face or this face which makes you think "he's bad!"
That's not good for Batman.
Why do people suddenly think he's a villain? He's a superhero too!
He may use different methods than Bruce, but he's a good person.

Talking about The Shadow, Alec Baldwin would've made a good Batman a couple of decades ago...

Yeah I agree, shame he's just really cheesy nowadays although I love 30 Rock.

Saying he looks like a villain could hilariously be construed as a compliment. Batman's a dark character, and possibly an antagonist in this film.

Though now for some reason I'm thinking of Armitage as the Shadow, with that villainous schnoz looming over a bandana...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind someone who looked a tad sinister without the suit, and was nightmarish IN the suit.

New pic of Brolin from a movie where he stars with Kate Winslet.

labor-day-kate-winslet-josh-brolin.jpg

It might be the angle but that looks like one mighty arm. So Brolin might be able to portray the requisite physicality even though he's of an advanced age.

Of the names in play, he's definitely one of the best choices - older, mature and NOT a pretty boy.

Brolin's only a year older than Jackman.

Give him Jackman's trailer for a couple months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"