BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3 choices I'd be happy with in order:

1. Wes Bentley
2. Richard Armitage
3. Ryan Gosling
A good top three, in my opinion.

Edit: I would include Crudup in the shortlist, too.

I personally don't see Batman/Bruce Wayne when I see Richard Armitage. He's got too much of a Bradley Cooper look to him.
Bentley and Crudup I agree with lookswise, although the Bentley's acting, is questionable. As is the failry high pitched voice. I'm picky with my Batman :woot:

Crudup has a high pitched voice, too, though. I guess both would have no trouble playing Wayne, though Bentley's hair often looks greasy.

That's a bit of a nitpick :p

1. Bentley
2. Hamm
3. Caviezel
4. Bloom
5. -relative unknown-

(still thinking they will go the number 5 route, a la Cavill with MOS)

Crudup has a high pitched voice, too, though. I guess both would have no trouble playing Wayne, though Bentley's hair often looks greasy.

does he his voice sounded plenty deep as doctor Manhattan

That might have been tinkled with a bit.

The actor who plays Xerxes in 300, he has to talk in a lower pitch too on set, but they yet lower the pitch and add some reverb and boom to it to make is sound even deeper and commanding. Something along those lines for Crudup was also done I believe.

I like Crudup much better than Bentley.

1. Bentley
2. Hamm
3. Caviezel
4. Bloom
5. -relative unknown-

(still thinking they will go the number 5 route, a la Cavill with MOS)

I am okay with number 5. Heck, I'd prefer number 5 if it gave us the "Reeve effect" for Batman. But Bloom, just no. Initially speaking, that is ;)

People just have a tendency to post images of Bentley from his Hunger Games world premiere appearance (probably because he's in a suit like Wayne often is), where his hair was a little too over-styled with gel. He's got a good head of hair though; I don't know why he uses that stuff. Fortunately, it's not always the case, as seen here:

7106107.jpg

there_be_dragons_wes_bentley_small_t479.jpg

People just have a tendency to post images of Bentley from his Hunger Games world premiere appearance (probably because he's in a suit like Wayne often is), where his hair was a little too over-styled with gel. He's got a good head of hair though; I don't know why he uses that stuff. Fortunately, it's not always the case, as seen here:

there_be_dragons_wes_bentley_small_t479.jpg

Best "Batman" pic I've seen of Bentley to date. Thank you.

I agree, but how tall is Ryan Kwanten though? If he's shorter than Cavill then forget about it.

Really height format matter much, on DC's website they are the same height but if you remember the episode of BTAS when Superman had to wear Batmans costume Gordon asked robin if he had gotten taller. Superman in my mind can be taller, that's no biggy.

Can someone point me in the direction of a good Wes Bentley performance? (not including American Beauty)

If Hollywood Reporter is correct in its choices. Then they really aren't looking at Bentley, Hamm or Caviezel. There's Matthew Goode on that list, he could make a good Bruce Wayne but not Batman. Manganiello could make a good Batman but a bad Bruce Wayne for obvious reasons.

Brolin, Armitage and Gosling are on that list. If they can get Gosling, they'll forget the older Batman thing. But he's not likely to sign a deal. Brolin may be too old for solo films or even a Justice League movie. I see him being fine for this BvS crossover and that's it.

So Armitage seems to be the guy. He needs a career boost so he'll take it. He's in with WB for the Hobbit. What better way for WB to end their Hobbit franchise with this guy, right before the new Batman franchise is launched. It's a smooth transition.

The only thing is im not sure about his accent. But I don't remember Cavill having the greatest American accent before MOS either. It was better than Luke Evans lol, but he needed work. So it should be fine. This is not Gerard Butler who would need a goddamn miracle for his voice.

Ive give tons of respect to Bentley for pulling his life around, and judging him on some of his older movies where he was admittedly high as a kite isn't exactly fair. I just dont see it right now. He's got a ton of stuff coming up though so maybe that will sway me.

I'm hoping Snyder listens to Nolan and gives Bentley the job, the more times the general audience learns that Snyder listens to Nolan about what to do the more the more chance the general audience might actually warm up to this movie. Especially for those who didn't digest MOS very well.

My personal choices are Brolin, Armitage and Bentley. I don't see anything else happening. Brolin might be wishful thinking on the part of WB, like with Gosling. Because his age and the whole Diane Lane thing might get in the way. Plus he's not doing well in the box-office.

Ill say Armitage and Bentley seem the most realistic. With a big name for Lex like Damon, McConaughey or Cranston.

People just have a tendency to post images of Bentley from his Hunger Games world premiere appearance (probably because he's in a suit like Wayne often is), where his hair was a little too over-styled with gel.

Funny...You should mention this. My daughter is a huge HG fan. I was lucky enough to be able to take her to the premiere and after-party. Where we met Wes.

p1030053rf.jpg

problem is i have never been impressed by a bentley performance he is just kinda there i would compare him to toby maguire in terms of acting

Funny...You should mention this. My daughter is a huge HG fan. I was lucky enough to be able to take her to the premiere and after-party. Where we met Wes.

p1030053rf.jpg

That's pretty awesome. :up:

Im REALLY liking the idea of Cavill + Armitage. They're both not huge names to the public, especially before suiting up. Luthor can be the massive name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"