BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
ЯɘvlveR;26681311 said:
i think all signs point to armitage quite honestly. I'm of the opinion that the choice will surprise a lot of people, and a lot of people aren't in the know about armitage. though i still think hamm having work with zack will get a shot if he wants one.

Armitage would be good.

After MOS got mixed reviews and has divided fans, WF is WB's opportunity to repair that damage. Cavill, working with an Armitage, could really help make the role his own, which personally I feel he hasn't so far.

In the end it will still likely be seen as much a Batman film as a Superman film but to no where near the extent it would If Bale was cast.

It's funny, because I think Cavill did everything he could with the script he was given. I personally think he was a great Supes, and when he gets to be a part of Metropolis, I can grade his Kent interpretation.

I think WF will be better received critically and from audiences, because many will go in with lower expectations than MOS, and Batman will probably be played by an awesome actor, as long as WB doesn't force Snyder's hand.

Also, showing Superman and Batman together would prove that Clark isn't just "Bruce Wayne lite"

The script was poorly etched and the characters were not well drawn. And I still can't get around the fact that the film gave such less dialog to Kent/Superman. Thor owned his own film, Cap owned his own film, Superman shoulda owned his own film I think.

I certainly hope Batman doesn't own MOS 2.

For those who wanted to see Hammer and Cavill together.

I'd really pass on the guy for Batman, he ain't fit for the role at all. But dang his wife is hot.

never a batman type, ironically, he wouldn't have been a bad big blue boy scout.

I think Armitage is far too unknown to be either popular or a fan pick. I would venture very few people know him and his obscurity level is similar to Cavill's when he got the part.

That's a good thing when looking for an actor for Batman. Tradition really :p

For what its worth, my updated top 3:

1.Crudup
2. Urban
3. Armitage

Armitage is starting to grow on me.....

Armitage would be good.

After MOS got mixed reviews and has divided fans, WF is WB's opportunity to repair that damage. Cavill, working with an Armitage, could really help make the role his own, which personally I feel he hasn't so far.

In the end it will still likely be seen as much a Batman film as a Superman film but to no where near the extent it would If Bale was cast.

i think the events in mos set up MoS2 perfectly honestly. mix reviews and all. it set up luthor perfectly. i have no problem with world's finest, in fact it probably makes sense to have batman take issue with all the destruction and coming to metropolis to have a green superman answer for all of it.

The script was poorly etched and the characters were not well drawn. And I still can't get around the fact that the film gave such less dialog to Kent/Superman. Thor owned his own film, Cap owned his own film, Superman shoulda owned his own film I think.

I certainly hope Batman doesn't own MOS 2.

Hope so too. That is why I want the film to be called a stand-alone WF. I just feel Batman will dominate and, if that happens in a supposed MOS sequel, you can probably kiss the Superman film franchise goodbye. A vote of no confidence from WB.

Hope so too. That is why I want the film to be called a stand-alone WF. I just feel Batman will dominate and, if that happens in a supposed MOS sequel, you can probably kiss the Superman film franchise goodbye. A vote of no confidence from WB.

your dream will come true then! :o

ЯɘvlveR;26681427 said:
never a batman type, ironically, he wouldn't have been a bad big blue boy scout.
I think he's too floaty, fruity and whispy for even that. They portrayed Kent/Superman as an alpha male - stoic but extremely badass. I don't see Hammer pulling that off.

I think his talent might lie in the realm of comedy. Though he was good in J. Edgar. Inspite of his height, I don't see Hammer in heroic, manly roles.

I think he's too floaty, fruity and whispy for even that. They portrayed Kent/Superman as an alpha male - stoic but extremely badass. I don't see Hammer pulling that off.

I think his talent might lie in the realm of comedy. Though he was good in J. Edgar. Inspite of his height, I don't see Hammer in heroic, manly roles.

:funny:

Eh, I can see him playing a "manly" role, and certainly a heroic role. What I don't see in him is the darker cold intensity needed for Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Then again, who knows what a screen test would show. Heath Ledger, again, being a great example of that.

Hammer is a wussy boy.

Yeah? Well to me the whole hypermasculine "alpha male" obsession reeks of insecurity and trying too hard. Seeing most of the movie taken up by posturing and muscle flexing would do neither character (or the plot) any good. I'd rather a happy medium and really good acting skills. Intensity of personality and the ability to portray a sharp intelligence is what would matter most for this Bruce Wayne/Batman I think (which is where I actually see Hammer come up short more than anything and not all this "alpha male" nonsense).

Last edited:
Can I just assure you that (beyond a shadow of a doubt) that Richard Armitage is insanely handsome....

No you cannot, because I just don't think so. His face is just off to me. It's okay, but Bruce should look better.

Bentley, Evans, and Gyllenhaal really are the most believable and probable candidates for Batman. All of them have links to this project; Bentley through Nolan, Evans through Cavill and Gyllenhaal through Goyer. I would be good with any of them.

I believe there's a Richard Armitage for Batman campaing on tumblr :hehe:

tumblr_mrr0fdlV861rgaej9o2_250.gif

tumblr_mrr0fdlV861rgaej9o3_250.gif

Those are amazing Gifs. :wow:

Bentley was awful in GR

Evans was awful in No One Lives

Gyllenhaal was awful in POP

Not insanely bad, but how anybody after seeing them in those films can want them as Batman is Beyond me :o

Bentley, Evans, and Gyllenhaal really are the most believable and probable candidates for Batman. All of them have links to this project; Bentley through Nolan, Evans through Cavill and Gyllenhaal through Goyer. I would be good with any of them.

Those are good candidates If they want to go with a younger Batman, for Older Batman, Richard Armitage, Jim Caviezel and Anson Mount are my choices.

I believe there's a Richard Armitage for Batman campaing on tumblr :hehe:

tumblr_mrr0fdlV861rgaej9o2_250.gif

tumblr_mrr0fdlV861rgaej9o3_250.gif

Now don't get me wrong...I'm going to skeet fruit loops when i see a similar scene in MOS2 regardless of who is cast. BUT I'm scared it's not going to have the same BOOM factor is it's not Bale.

Bentley was awful in GR

Evans was awful in No One Lives

Gyllenhaal was awful in POP

Not insanely bad, but how anybody after seeing them in those films can want them as Batman is Beyond me :o

Every actor has had a movie that they were bad in. I think Gyllenhaal did a good job with what he had in POP. Bentley was awful in GR because the script and movie itself was awful. He will only perform as good as the movie. I've never seen No One Lives so I can't speak on that, but I've liked Evans in what I've seen him in. For example, in Fast 6 I liked his character. It was a Batman type. There are so many reasons why Bentley would be good for the role, as well as Evans. I could even see Gyllenhaal doing a good job but I have a top 2.

Now don't get me wrong...I'm going to skeet fruit loops when i see a similar scene in MOS2 regardless of who is cast. BUT I'm scared it's not going to have the same BOOM factor is it's not Bale.

Agreed but unless Bale agrees to return, this is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"