BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there's a Richard Armitage for Batman campaing on tumblr :hehe:

tumblr_mrr0fdlV861rgaej9o2_250.gif

tumblr_mrr0fdlV861rgaej9o3_250.gif

Im REALLY liking the idea of Cavill + Armitage. They're both not huge names to the public, especially before suiting up. Luthor can be the massive name.

DiCaprio as Luthor would be a very big name to get.

problem is i have never been impressed by a bentley performance he is just kinda there i would compare him to toby maguire in terms of acting

Bentley does not have the right face for Batman and Bruce Wayne. Bruce is supposed to be classically handsome. Bentley looks great -- as long as he has a bit of a beard going on. Nice guy, good actor, but I can't see him playing Bruce Wayne.

If Karl Urban gets cast, it will be like he's the seasoned/experienced crime fighter who will teach the young and "naive" Supes one thing or two :)

What about a manip of Jude Law as Bats?
Yes, I want that. Now. Give it to me, please.

Last edited:
If Karl Urban gets cast, it will be like he's the seasoned/expereinced crime fighter who will teach the young and "naive" Supes one thing or two :)

Yes, I want that. Now. Give it to me, please.

That's actually a dynamic I'm not at all keen on. It's too easy to make Superman look bad in favor of Batman that way. I'd rather they be on more equal footing, with different strengths and weaknesses (and maybe teaching each other in a way?).

Am I the only one who's not part of the Armitage bandwagon?

That's actually a dynamic I'm not at all keen on. It's too easy to make Superman look bad in favor of Batman that way. I'd rather they be on more equal footing, with different strengths and weaknesses (and maybe teaching each other in a way?).

Casting Armitage would ensure "accent" competition, which might resonate in the film ;)

Cavill would probably help him out in that category.

All these animated GIFs are reminding me of those fanfic tumblr blogs I always seem to come across for seemingly every TV show that exist, but especially the CW shows.

If Hollywood Reporter is correct in its choices. Then they really aren't looking at Bentley, Hamm or Caviezel. There's Matthew Goode on that list, he could make a good Bruce Wayne but not Batman. Manganiello could make a good Batman but a bad Bruce Wayne for obvious reasons.

Brolin, Armitage and Gosling are on that list. If they can get Gosling, they'll forget the older Batman thing. But he's not likely to sign a deal. Brolin may be too old for solo films or even a Justice League movie. I see him being fine for this BvS crossover and that's it.

So Armitage seems to be the guy. He needs a career boost so he'll take it. He's in with WB for the Hobbit. What better way for WB to end their Hobbit franchise with this guy, right before the new Batman franchise is launched. It's a smooth transition.

The only thing is im not sure about his accent. But I don't remember Cavill having the greatest American accent before MOS either. It was better than Luke Evans lol, but he needed work. So it should be fine. This is not Gerard Butler who would need a goddamn miracle for his voice.
We should take all these with a grain of salt like you said. I still think we are talking in a bubble and each and every name we have suggested just has as good a chance as any other. Everything is equal at this point I think and no actor has an advantage or disadvantage.

I'm hoping Snyder listens to Nolan and gives Bentley the job, the more times the general audience learns that Snyder listens to Nolan about what to do the more the more chance the general audience might actually warm up to this movie. Especially for those who didn't digest MOS very well.
That was just a rumor.

And also a little bit disparaging of Snyder. He's not a school boy to have to listen to a person who is not even related to the film. (MOS 2 is completely out of Nolan's influence even in the slightest, he has neither story credit nor producer credit. He has a token executive producer credit (which Spielberg has on a million films) and even his name won't be used in publicity for MOS 2).

Snyder is a creative mind and a big studio director and can make his own decisions.

I think there are a number of good candidates to play Batman and I don't have a favorite at this time.

What I hope doesn't happen is Bale returning to the role. As much as I loved him in the Nolan trilogy.

No matter what they call the film, if Bale returns he becomes the de-facto star whether he is paid 5 million or 50 million. Batman takes over the film and the Superman film franchise, such as it is, is negatively impacted.

Not to mention Cavill who will be over-shadowed by the Bale excitement. The next film is Cavill's chance to really grow in the role and take on the Superman mantle. I think that will be lots harder to do with Bale in the film.

We should take all these with a grain of salt like you said. I still think we are talking in a bubble and each and every name we have suggested just has as good a chance as any other. Everything is equal at this point I think and no actor has an advantage or disadvantage.
I disagree. Of course there are advantages and disadvantages.

I disagree. Of course there are advantages and disadvantages.
Of course, in our eyes. I mean in terms of Hollywood lobbying, whether one actor is closer to a deal than another.

Unless there is an official short list and the guys are screen tested against each other, we don't know who is close and who is further away.

And of course, none of us will cast or will be consulted.

i think all signs point to armitage quite honestly. I'm of the opinion that the choice will surprise a lot of people, and a lot of people aren't in the know about armitage. though i still think hamm having work with zack will get a shot if he wants one.

For those who wanted to see Hammer and Cavill together.

I'd really pass on the guy for Batman, he ain't fit for the role at all. But dang his wife is hot.

I believe if there's a lot of media focus on an actor, they'll unlikely get it. I'm not sure if Bale was focused on by the media.

Armitage is in the mix, but there's tiny attention on him, yet he's a popular fan pick. Could be another Bale and Cavill thing.

In regards to casting, also remember the story and script would dictate who they pick.

Like speculating Bond in 2005, people were suggesting a lot of names but Daniel Craig was the actor who fit their vision of what they wanted to do with the role, so he was cast (Cavill was runner-up).

And we don't know what the script is, what their vision is, so our talk is idle and not really informed. So the actual choice might come on everyone as a surprise.

I believe if there's a lot of media focus on an actor, they'll unlikely get it. I'm not sure if Bale was focused on by the media.

Armitage is in the mix, but there's tiny attention on him, yet he's a popular fan pick. Could be another Bale and Cavill thing.
I think Armitage is far too unknown to be either popular or a fan pick. I would venture very few people know him and his obscurity level is similar to Cavill's when he got the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"