• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BATMAN FOREVER: The New Script Draft

fabman

Sidekick
Reaction score
'Batman Forever' could have been a lot better, even with the film's basic outline. So, ladies and gentlemen, here's my sequel to Tim Burton's 'Batman' movies, based on a story by Lee Batchler and Janet Scott Batchler. :)

bfnewscriptiy4.png

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=13169607&postcount=29

OK, I've rewritten the first page of the script from scratch. I like this version much better! Tell me what you think! I've written more but I'll post more tomorrow!

[EDIT] I'm currently rewriting the script

Very nice script, great sequel to Batman Returns continues the story.:up:

Thanks Two Face. If you have any ideas... ;)

Well you could write where Batman finds Harvey and talks about going to see Gilda and that she still loves Harvey but Harvey is not listing to Batman.

my one is just a suggestion.

Thanks Two Face, I like the suggestion. It adds emotion. I'm sure I can incorporate it somehow!

Also you should establish early on that Nygma is extremely clever, even if he is unbalanced.

[Edit] I'm currently rewriting the script

Fabman, I like your take so far.

What do you think about keeping the suspense surrounding Harvey's disfigurement alive longer? In the scene above,

"Vernon is terrified.

VERNON
NO! Please, don’t kill m—

The light reflects off of the coin as the silhouette flips it. It lands scarred side up. The .22 is fired twice. BANG! The muzzle flashes illuminate the shooter, creating horrific shadows over his face. BANG! Again, a glimpse of the shooter is seen, and he looks strange, nightmarish, but we cannot tell for sure."

The audience would get a hint of Two Face, but nothing definite yet. Just an idea. Great stuff though, Fabman, I'm eagerly awaiting the rest.

Thank you very much for the kind words and your suggestion. I like the idea - I'll put it in (thanks), what do you think?

I'll put up more tomorrow!

Thanks, Kevin. Sorry that I didn't post more yesterday but I had a lot to do... I'll post more as soon as I can!

You got something special going here you know what I mean. :up:

Thanks, Kevin. Sorry that I didn't post more yesterday but I had a lot to do... I'll post more as soon as I can!

This sort of parallels what I'm doing, a re-edit of Forever to include the deleted footage. But you have more freedom than I do....what I always wanted to see was a better, more dramatic fight between Batman and Two-Face - Batman can't beat Two-Face because he holds back, whereas Robin can beat him because he doesn't. This does come across in the film, but I'd like to see a real rumble in the confined, out of control helicopter, a really brutal, chaotic fight in there.

Also - and this is a real comicbook conceit - the Riddler has the brainwaves of millions of people, including Bruce himself, and probably some martial arts experts, boxers, etc. So using comicbook logic, or superhero movie logic, he should be able to fight as well as them. I'd love to see Batman actually fighting the Riddler while Robin fights Two-Face, and losing....the Riddler throws Batman off his throne platform, where upon Two-Face enters, and you go back to the actual film and the, 'Let's meet our contestants..." line.

I love the fact that in Forever, the major villain is primarily cerebral and doesn't outfight Batman, but outruns and outwits him, giving him the runaround until trapping him at his evil lair. However....I just like to see these iconic figures actually in combat as well.

I've written alternative scenes of how to continue but I'll decide tomorrow and will post it then!

I haven't been posting anything for a loooong time but I will, as soon as the school ends! I've also got some ideas on how to continue after Batman Forever, which will be a major departure from Batman & Robin.

Fabman, when will you have your new Forever script done?

I know you're still waiting (sorry guys!), it's on hold. So, anyway, let's do a little poll. I thought about making a sequel to Tim Burton's 'Batman' first, with Harvey Dent, Catwoman and the Penguin in it. Or maybe I should just get back to 'Batman Forever.' What do you think?

[Post Edit] The problem is with my previous draft of 'Batman Forever' was, you can't introduce Harvey as Two-Face in this one after he hasn't even been in 'Batman Returns.' So I got to find a way to introduce his previous persona somehow, or the dramatic aspect of the character is missing completely.

What do you think guys?

I know you're still waiting (sorry guys!), it's on hold. So, anyway, let's do a little poll. I thought about making a sequel to Tim Burton's 'Batman' first, with Harvey Dent, Catwoman and the Penguin in it. Or maybe I should just get back to 'Batman Forever.' What do you think?

[Post Edit] The problem is with my previous draft of 'Batman Forever' was, you can't introduce Harvey as Two-Face in this one after he hasn't even been in 'Batman Returns.' So I got to find a way to introduce his previous persona somehow, or the dramatic aspect of the character is missing completely.

What do you think guys?

Well you could introduce Dent as Two-Face but you can do a flashback to Batman 89/ Pre Harvey Dent. Just an idea.

Thanks.

Okay, I think I've got an idea, even though I'll have to tweak quite some scenes from 'Batman Forever' to get all the stuff in one movie.

BACK @ WORK! :D

Well you could expend on where Bruce is watching TV (GNN) :D and acid gets thrown on Dent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"