• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BATMAN FOREVER: The New Script Draft

I think that would be the worst way to show Dent's scarring. I think I'm going to add some story at the beginning of it, to then introduce the Riddler and co. - and tweak or cancel the bank robbery - and add another character at the beginning of it.

Last one was a suggestion, anyway it's your script.

Just a do a flashback to Batman 89/Pre DA harevey Dent. Riddler shouldn't be bigger than Dent.

I think I'm going with flashbacks. :D

I'll put something online Friday.

OKAY. That's today's first part. It's similar to what I had written months ago, but I've changed it somewhat. I've written more, but I've got to chance several things and added the scene in the sewers, so here is today's first part:

BATMAN FOREVER

EXT. GOTHAM CITY – NIGHT
It’s a stormy night in Gotham City or like some teenie’s have written on a shield over the city’s name: “Goddamn City.” We get past several building, the destructed zoo and zoom to a building which is revealed to be…

EXT. GOTHAM HOSPITAL – NIGHT
A sudden lightning illuminates the old Hospital which looks similar to an abandoned factory. We zoom to a window of the building.

INSERT T.V. SCREEN
D.A. Harvey Dent questiones crime boss Salvatore Maroni on the stand. He throws a vial of acid towards Harvey, searing half of his face.

NEWSCASTER (VOICEOVER)
Today district attorney Harvey Dent was heavily injured while questioning crime boss Sal Maroni. He was immediately brought to the hospital. There are no news about his current state.

WIDER
INT. GOTHAM HOSPITAL
The hospital’s floor is invaded by the police. Sitting on a chair, crying, is Harvey Den’ts wife. She’s talking to Commissioner Gordon, a friend of her and her husband.

GORDON
What happened?

GILDA (crying)
The doctor… the doctor…

GORDON
Come on, calm down, Gilda. Calm down. Do you want a glass of water?

GILDA (crying)
No, no… the doctor… he came out of Harvey… of Harvey’s room. And… he… the doctor… he had a knife in… his back… when he came out. Oh my God, Jim… oh my God. I can’t believe it.

GORDON
Where’s Harvey?

GILDA (crying)
He escaped. I can’t… I can’t believe he did this.

INT. SEWERS – NIGHT
Harvey Dent is walking in the sewers. His suit is now completely wet and is also covered by some blood. His face is covered by bandages, but we can see his deformed, left eye. He’s exhausted from hiding from the police and walking in the sewers and stops. With him, he has a picture of himself with his wife Gilda. As he looks at it, we can notice tears in his eyes. Suddenly he starts making weird sounds.

DENT
Huh… I’m… I’m sorry, Gilda. Harvey is dead.

He puts the picture in his pocket and moves on.

CUT TO: EXT. GOTHAM CITY SKYLINE – SUNSET
A jet flies past Gotham Cathedral and is nearing towards the center of the city where we find Wayne Enterprises.

INT. JET
In the jet we find a man who looks like he hasn’t slept much, the only fresh thing about him is his brand-new Armani suit. He’s Bruce Wayne. He turns on a little seatback TV sceen where they’re showing a report about Harvey Dent’s escape from the hospital.

INT. WAYNE ENTERPRISES
A geeky and incredibly brilliant man in his 30’s, Edward Nygma, is working in his office, writing down formulas and typing them in a computer. His boss Stickley comes in.

STICKLEY
Don’t even try to talk to Bruce Wayne when he arrives.

EDWARD
I have to inform him about my invention, it could bring him to worldwide fame!

STICKLEY
Don’t you think he has enough?

Bruce Wayne and an assistant enters Wayne Enterprises as Edward Nygma jumps up from his seat to meet him. Bruce greets the workers. He is friendly, welcoming.

EDWARD
Mr. Wayne, Mr. Wayne

STICKLEY
Shut, up! Shut, up! Excuse me Mr. Wayne, he’s just…

Wayne and Nygma shake hands.

BRUCE
Mr…?

EDWARD
WAYNE!

BRUCE
(gentle)
I am Bruce Wayne, you are?

EDWARD
Oh, oh… excuse me, I’m Edward… Mr. Nyg… Edward Nygma… but of course you can call me Ed

WAYNE
OK, Mr. E… Mr. Nyg… Ed! Is there something you wanted to tell me, or…?

EDWARD
Yes, I admire you… as a business-man.

STICKLEY
(rolls eyes)
Oh my God.

EDWARD
…but that’s not all. I also wanted to show you my latest invention. As you know the most important companies… except Time Warner if I think ‘bout it… anyway, the most important companies rely on modern technology. Not that Wayne Enterprises doesn’t offer it but what I’m about to show is going to change the world.

BRUCE
(sarcastic)
For the better?

What’s on your mind, Edward?

EDWARD
Exactly!

BRUCE
(confused)
Wh--?

EDWARD
What’s on MY mind, what’s on YOUR mind… BRAINWAVES!

Bruce and the other workers can’t but stare at Edward when he shouts “BRAINWAVES,” Stickley once again rolls his eyes.

EDWARD
Our… your future is BRAINWAVES.

STICKLEY
(desperate)
Oh my God!!!

EDWARD
More precisely, theta spectrum cerebral radiation in the 10 to 12 megahertz range. What is the mind , really? Nothing more than a constant exchange of electrochemical impulses. Nature’s radio, if you will. And I, Mr.Wayne, I have managed to devise a system to broadcast brainwaves.

STICKLEY
(even more desperate, to himself)
Oh my God!!!

STICKLEY
Mr. Wayne, I really do apologize, I assure you, none of Edward’s… “works” here has been on company time.

BRUCE
No, it’s okay.
(to Edward)
Go on.

EDWARD
(with a bright smile on his face, looking at Stickley like he’s the winner of this “battle”)
Imagine it, Mr.Wayne. To beam information directly into the brain. No more school. Want to take a trip abroad? Just dial up the program and you’re fluent in French. Join the army? Simply run the program and you’re the best fighter jock in the world. No more painful experiences. No more failure. Everyone can be something. Someone. I just need a bit more funding. For human trials.

BRUCE
Doesn’t it seem a bit too dangerous? Playing with brains and everything? But now excuse me, we can talk about it later or…

EDWARD
No, please wait! You still haven’t seen the best part of it. I have yet to explain how it works. Please, don’t go. Or just give me green light already, trust me, I know what I’m doing.

STICKLEY
Now just shut up and go to work, Edward! Mr. Wayne has better things to do!

BRUCE
No, no, no… it’s interesting but honestly Ed, this project seems DANGEROUS to me… but we can talk about it later if you want. Now, please, excuse me.

Bruce leaves and goes into his office while Stickley goes to see what the other workers are doing. Edward looks destroyed, he expected another answer from his idol. He looks after Bruce as he goes to his office.

EDWARD
Too dangerous? Too dangerous? You didn’t even give me a chance, you son of a b***h. NOT EVEN A CHANCE! You didn’t even understand what I was saying, YOU DIDN’T UNDERSTAND… but TRUST ME… I’ll MAKE you understand!

Stickley returns to Edward.

STICKLEY
(whispering)
I want you out. Now. You’re fired!

EXT. SHRECK’S DEPARTMENT STORE
We see “Felix the Cat” rotating while we can hear music from outside.

INT. SHRECK’S DEPARTMENT STORE
There’s a party at Shreck’s. The mayor, Comm. Gordon and other important guests are there. Chip Shreck, who took over his father’s company three years ago, grabs the microfone from the band’s singer.

CHIP
Ladies and Gentlemen. It’s hard to put in words what I’m feeling. Even after my father dissapeared you believed in our company, you believed in me and… it’s an honor to have you all here tonight. But I also wanted to talk about something else. I need your attention for five minutes to tell talk to you about a serious situation. As you may have head in the news, a good friend of many of us, Harvey Dent escaped from the hospital last night, it’s sad, very sad. It’s sad to see how an incident like his can make you go nuts.

The people nod their heads, agreeing on what Chip has to say. Except one: Commisioner Jim Gordon.

JIM
(to his wife)
He’s not crazy. He’s dissoriented. He doesn’t know what’s right or what’s wrong anymore. Or he just didn’t want Gilda to see him in this condition.

CHIP
The police has tried to get Maroni for many years but they did it with much attention, not risking their lives. They wanted justice. Now, there’s this vigilante, Batman, it’s HIS fault. He has encougared Harvey and other people to hunt down Maroni, I’ve studied him a bit, seen how he ticks, the Bat I mean. How he fights crime. To me, he just needs some kicks. That’s why he hunts down criminal, doesn’t have anything to do during the night and I’m sorry for him…
(looking at his girlfriend in the crowd, the people also look at her)
‘cause I HAVE something to do every night.
(people laugh)
But, it wasn’t HIM who was scarred in the courtroom, right? He continuse living his life like before. And it will happen again. He hunts down criminals and THEY will attack us instead of… the Batman! This needs to stop. He’s dangerous.

Dr. Chase Meridian, attractive, blond, a strong woman, tries to find her way to Chip.

CHASE
Come on, that’s bulls**t.

INT. VERNON FIELD’S OFFICE
Vernon Fields, one time Harvey Dent’s assistant, is sitting in his office, working. He looks tired, looks at his watch and is about to stand up and go when he suddenly sees a silouette of a man at his door.

VERNON
Who are you?

MAN
(with a strange voice)
Vernon! You have to answer for Harvey Dent.

MAN
Somebody gave Maroni the acid to throw in Dent’s face. Somebody who saw Maroni just before he entered the courtroom. That somebody is YOU! Vernon Richard Fields. Assistant to district attorney Harvey Dent.

MAN
Do you believe in the justice system, Vernon?

VERNON
Y… yes! Please don’t kill me!

MAN
THIS is justice for you? Helping a criminal throw acid in your boss’ face? THIS is JUSTICE??? That’s not justice. Justice has two sides. Innocent or guilty.
(takes out a coin)
Just like this coin, Vernon. One side clean, the other side scarred.

The man comes out of the shadow revealing his horrifying face. It’s Harvey Dent. Vernon is terrorized.

VERNON
MR. DENT! Please, don’t kill m—

In the meantime Harvey flips the coin and… BANG! Again, BANG! He kills Vernon with his .22.

HARVEY / TWO-FACE
(slowly repeats)
One side clean…
The other side scarred.

INT. EDWARD NYGMA’S APARTMENT – NIGHT
Edward is sitting at home on his desk. Listening to loud music. He’s a step from crying – and he ‘s drunk. He’s holding a copy of his diploma in his hands.

EDWARD
(obsessive repetition)
I was the best. The best.
(looks at a magazine cover with Bruce Wayne on it)
And look where I am now. I don’t even have a damn job. They didn’t even listen to my ideas, they treated me like some nutjob. I’m a genius. I deserve way more than that.
(looks at his invention)
All I ever wanted was to hear someone say, “hey, that’s Edward Nygam’s invention. What a genius!”
(again looks at his invention, changing his attitude)
This IS my invention! Go to hell, Wayne.
(spits at the magazine cover)
It’s time for Nygma!

TO BE CONTINUED...

I like it :up:

I like how you got Chip acting like his father...

Thanks! I've updated it. Check the last part of it! ;)

Hey, i cant find the script, where did u guys get it? I cant find the link on the 1st p.

Wh--? I've posted the first part of my script in the post above. ;)

Sweet, lookin forward to it!

You've done great so far!:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"