BvS Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Yup, he was quite lean towards the end alright. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that shirtless scene was 100% him and not cgi or enhanced.

1415321582027_wps_12_Picture_Shows_Ben_Affleck.jpg

Yeah, his physique was definitely more defined toward the end (or middle?) of filming. Still, for the doubting Thomases out there, a short behind-the-scenes look at his training regimen will likely be included with the inevitable release of the Blu-ray.

OUQGJY1.jpg

SAffleck102814_11.jpg

Wish he looked like that in the suit. Mostly just the waist area.

Only in Snyder's film, people suspect everything, actor's body included, to be a CGI. :funny:

We know Affleck was in good shape during the filming and they surely had him in the best shape for that particular scene, with all that water dehydration regime and whatever else they do for these shots...

Only in Snyder's film, people suspect everything, actor's body included, to be a CGI. :funny:

We know Affleck was in good shape during the filming and they surely had him in the best shape for that particular scene, with all that water dehydration regime and whatever else they do for these shots...

Exactly.

3818885_batflecks.jpg

I know this isn't the suit thread, but Bale looks like a child cosplaying as Batman, and Affleck looks like the MAN.

PS. It's not Bale's fault the costume is so bad.

Affleck looks like he could break Bale's arm :wow:

Because Cgi muscles are such a Affleck'ish mannerism. :o

There are two ways to recognize Ben Affleck in a role - he is acting with his teeth and has CGI muscles.

Seriously, as weird as this may sound, Affleck's pecs are actually quite recognizable, having a bit more straight shape than it's usual... compare that gif to any pic of him where his build can be seen, that of him in a blue shirt included, and you'll notice it is indeed his own physique.

Last edited:
There are two ways to recognize Ben Affleck in a role - he is acting with his teeth and has CGI muscles.

Seriously, as weird as this may sound, Affleck's pecs are actually quite recognizable, having a bit more straight shape than it's usual... compare that gif to any pic of him where his build can be seen, that of him in a blue shirt included, and you'll notice it is indeed his own physique.

.....or just great cgi :o

Plus he surely has some good pump going on and is doing a nice compound exercise. Some of you act like he's built like Arnold while just standing around and chillin'.

Plus he surely has some good pump going on and is doing a nice compound exercise. Some of you act like he's built like Arnold while just standing around and chillin'.

Exactly, a person with a good pump can look ripped as

All I know is that I never look as good half an hour later. :oldrazz:

Why does even it matter if it's fake or not as long as it looks real on screen.

That aspect only matters if the film makers want to make a point that the actor really got in shape for the role.

Sort of what they did for Cavil in MoS or pretty much Hugh Jackman every time he plays Wolverine.

On the flip side it matter too if it looks obviously fake like Nic Cage's abs in the first Ghost Rider apparently were.

Regardless I don't see anything obviously fake about Ben in the few shots we've seen.

Exactly, a person with a good pump can look ripped as

I think there is a difference between looking pumped and ripped.

Affleck is pumped - big - full like Bale was for BB
Cavill is,- was and may be closer to ripped - very defined.

who will shred ?

NO !,,, It's actually in all or his contracts that any time he has his picture taken...even by paparazzi or on the red carpet, the images MUST be photoshoped or CGI'd with nicer teeth !

...I know silly...:sly:

he should thank Armageddon...

Last edited:
I'm happy that we finally get a scene of Batman, or any superhero really, doing some real training. Besides Batman's initial training in BB, we've never seen him do any training to build/maintain his physical status and fighting skills. A few push ups and crunches like in Nolan's movies simply won't cut it.

Being a personal trainer, it has always bothered me that no movie has shown this given that it would be a pretty big part of his daily routine. I think there was a scene in The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, or Haunted Knight where he was doing a bunch of odd exercises and escape scenarios to stay at the top of his game and I've always wanted to see something like that in a Batman movie. Props to Snyder for having him do some real exercises on screen.

3818885_batflecks.jpg

I know this isn't the suit thread, but Bale looks like a child cosplaying as Batman, and Affleck looks like the MAN.

PS. It's not Bale's fault the costume is so bad.

Affleck looks like he could break Bale's arm :wow:

They went realistic Batman body for a ninja in those series but also Affleck naturally big guy compared to Bale.

I'm glad Snyder/DC doesn't take realistic approach that far in DCUE and cares what looks better. Realism still exists in DCEU and that's great but not getting in a way of artistic choices.

All I know is Batfleck can eat HardyBane for braekfast

Lol that's not a flattering shot

Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises-image-Tom-Hardy2.jpg

124b620fb45e10a7b15dfbecf3d858ac.jpg

While he certainly wasn't cut (that wasn't the look they were going for), regardless of how big Tom Hardy is in real life they did do a good job of making him appear a lot bigger on film.

Some people were surprised he wasn't really 6'4" like he looked like in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"