BvS Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

tumblr_ncs4mtgfEj1tnt8s9o1_500.jpg

Still wouldn't be much of a fight.

Ehh you can't compare the styles of different directors. That Bane worked in the more grounded Nolan world.

As I mentioned Hardy as Bane never looked small compared to whoever he was in the scene with.

I'd actually want Bane himself to be smaller and fast if they had him again, rather than straight muscular.
Not shrimpy, but more functionally muscular than big.

If we got another Bane I want him to be like The Rock type size. Hardy was bigger than Bale in TDKR, but I want someone that would properly dwarf Affleck's Batman in every sense which I don't think Hardy did to Bale enough to warrant the way Bale hit him & Hardy hardly flinched on a couple of occasions.

I'm okay with a not perfectly fit Bane, but one large enough to conceivably beat Batman.

Like Roach in Raiders in comparison to Ford
raiderslostark_145pyxurz.jpg

But I'm also fascinated with the idea of a lean and fast Bane.

So that pull up scene from the special... im likely wrong about this but the more i see it, the more i see CG enhancement on his chest. Its not an issue if they did enhance his definition, but its something I've noticed. For the record i know affleck got in great shape and I'm sure its all his real physique, but i wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if it was enhanced.

Last edited:
So that pull up scene from the special, im likely wrong about this but the more i see it, the more i see CG enhancement on his chest. Its not an issue if they did enhance his definition and i havent seen anyone really make the same comment but its something I've noticed.

Agreed. But as you said, other than just having some fun with it, doesn't matter.

Screw physique, I hope he moves like he did in the animated series. Looks like he does so far, big and fast. Not stiff and slow like Bales batman.

I'm okay with a not perfectly fit Bane, but one large enough to conceivably beat Batman.

Like Roach in Raiders in comparison to Ford
raiderslostark_145pyxurz.jpg

But I'm also fascinated with the idea of a lean and fast Bane.

That's pretty much the physique that Hardy had.

In most scenes they used camera angles to make him look a lot taller than others. The actor who played Daggett is actually taller than Hardy in real life.

tumblr_nc5sup4UXJ1ti73tao1_500.jpg

With the fight scenes with Bale that wasn't as easy to do as they weren't just static shots so all Tom had were his heeled boots to make up the difference between his 5'9" and Bale's 6'.

The thing is Bane is not just a generic brute, he's a pretty cunning villain and truthfully there are very few legit actors who have the natural height and size for that character.

I think the Rock is fine and all but he's nowhere near the caliber of actor as Hardy.

Last edited:
That wasn't Bane to me in TDKR, it was Ra's bodyguard/ RHM Ubu wearing a painkiller mask. I feel like TDKR endgame was supposed to be about Joker, and they had to redo everything about it and shoehorned a character named Bane ans Talia Al Ghul in there. I hope in this reboot we get a Venom fueled bane. After Suicide Squad, it looks like we do.

His physical representation wasn't so much bane as his personality and characteristics were, but i agree. I want venom fueled bane.

Last edited:
I'd love if they Darth Vader'd Bane for an upcoming film. Have a mouthpiece cover Bane, have someone else dub the dialog, and have Ben Affleck cower in fear.

Lol that's not a flattering shot

Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises-image-Tom-Hardy2.jpg

124b620fb45e10a7b15dfbecf3d858ac.jpg

While he certainly wasn't cut (that wasn't the look they were going for), regardless of how big Tom Hardy is in real life they did do a good job of making him appear a lot bigger on film.

Some people were surprised he wasn't really 6'4" like he looked like in the film.

I wasn't impressed at all but neither was I for Bale's physique in TDK and TDKR.

But I think a lot of that has to do with Nolan's focus on story (lacking as it may be in TDKR) than comic-accurate aesthetics.

I'm honestly in no real hurry to see Bane again, especially when there are far more interesting characters from Batman's rogues gallery that have yet to be explored on the big screen. Bring on Hush, Black Mask, Hugo Strange, and my personal favorite, Dr. Simon Hurt. Hell, why not think outside the box a little and draw inspiration from BTAS? Kyodai Ken would make for an excellent nemesis!

I think if they wrote Hush better, I think it would be a really dramatic Batman movie as well as surprising.

TDKR Bane was better than any comic book version...

Probably only thing i like about comic book Bane is his self improvment in prison. (Like Max Cady from Cape Fear) But his motives are garbage. As well as his outfit.

Anyway, i think we'll see him in DCEU but probably as a side character similar to Arkham Games.

So that pull up scene from the special... im likely wrong about this but the more i see it, the more i see CG enhancement on his chest. Its not an issue if they did enhance his definition, but its something I've noticed. For the record i know affleck got in great shape and I'm sure its all his real physique, but i wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if it was enhanced.

I think you're seeing things. If there is enhancement it's very little and barely noticeable. Affleck doesn't have a big chest to begin with and it still looks "flat" in that shot.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it doesn't matter if they enhanced him or not. It looks good and thats really all that matters.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it doesn't matter if they enhanced him or not. It looks good and thats really all that matters.

Apparently some folks are upset that, in a movie about superheroes, they could have the unmitigated gall to enhance an actor's physique. The nerve of them...

I'm honestly in no real hurry to see Bane again, especially when there are far more interesting characters from Batman's rogues gallery that have yet to be explored on the big screen. Bring on Hush, Black Mask, Hugo Strange, and my personal favorite, Dr. Simon Hurt. Hell, why not think outside the box a little and draw inspiration from BTAS? Kyodai Ken would make for an excellent nemesis!

Agreed, do other villains.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bane redone sometime down the road, but considering we're getting The Joker again I'd prefer they focus on villains that haven't been used before.

Unless of course they make a film set in Arkham. Then we can kill two birds with one stone in that regard. Mix of old and new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"