Batman R.I.P.

The kind Grant Morrison would think up.

im sorry grant morrison is a hack, and a crack head. its not just cuz of the batman rip thing everything ive read of his is retarted, if someones gotta kill batman frank miller should do it. at least hed do bruce justice

agreed, i never liked Morrison's work. Arkham Asylum, ASS....need i go on?

agreed, i never liked Morrison's work. Arkham Asylum, ASS....need i go on?

Yes, as the only 2 you named were good. Seriously, All Star Superman was fine with it's over the top silver age stuff, cause it's out of continuity, and is fun. Batman on the other hand is in continuity, and is confusing and stupid as hell. And Arkham Asylum was great.

Was it not obvious who she was and her intentions? Her name is Jezebel Jet

It wouldnt have been more obvious unless her name was Slore Mcbytchins

Frank Miller has been killing Batman off in his own stupid little way anyway.

Oh great, I can't wait for next generation Damian Batman :rolleyes:

ok heres my theory,
whatever goes on in RIP will alter the course of batmans life so that the events in Batman 666 will not occur. the third batman tells damian that batman let him live all those years ago, resulting in the third batmans return later on. and sinse morrison never explains how bruce was killed, it is likely that his death resulted from his decision. so...batman kills? stops being batman for a bit afterwards.
ill back this theory up with the events from joe chill in hell. in this weird dream like state, batman remembers how he led joe chill to suicide. this is completely against what batman stands for. but if bruce actually did this, it is likely that he would try to block it from his mind and forget it entirely.
now hang with me.
morrison is literally obsessed with carl jung psychology as apparent in arkham asylum. the third batman could represent the repressed aspects of batmans psyche, namely his shadow. and the only way to get rid of suppressed emotional baggage is to confront it and conquer it.
so if batman lets the third batman go he is letting his shadow exist, namely the evil acts that he has committed and repressed. this shadow will results in his downfall, his death, and "batman" selling his soul to the devil. if he kills the third man, he is breaking his rule not to kill and will likely retire for a time. but eventually he will realize the world still needs him, and he will reaffirm his vow to his parents. or im completely wrong and wasted everyones time.

Hmm...interesting point...however, I'm a bit doubtful he'll kill someone, many readers will probably never forgive him for that, but I could definitely see something along those lines. Perhaps someone else will kill the other Batman before Bruce himself gets the chance to? (kinda like Bruce wanting to kill Chill in Begins) and he is left in anger of not getting to rid himself of his "shadow" and hatred towards himself for attempting to kill someone in the first place. Thus, he will need to step back for a while, to find himself. (though, this would be kinda ridiculous since he already did this a while ago in the OYL arc)

Disregarding all that "R.I.P."-stuff for a second, please allow me to say: The "Third Man" needs to survive and become a recurring character.

IMO, Batman has the greatest rogues' gallery in all of comics, but what he's lacking is an "evil twin". Spidey has Venom (well, he was the first one, anyway), Superman has Bizarro or Zod, Green Lantern has Sinistro, -- Batman has no one. I think that's a pity. I, for one, really love evil twins.

Hush would have been a good candidate, but he has been ruined by crappy writing. (Is he even alive OYL? Was that stupid Gotham Knights cliffhanger ever resolved?) Jason Todd would have been perfect, but he is apparently going to become a hero again (sigh).

In short: Give Batman his evil twin. It's about time. Let the Third Man live!

Well, they have tried before:

Wrathcomics.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"