Batman R.I.P.

Sorry, this is delayed but I just read the topic...

I hope to god they don't kill Batman and do like a Captain America thing(Captain America is ran by a different guy). But if he maybe switches The Dark Knight, that might be cool and just live as Bruce Wayne. Sounds like a decent storyline.

There not going to kill him, its probably going to be some sort of weird thing that only Grant would come up with. I mean come on, look whos writting it!

Not to mention the fact that Batman's 'death' has been done a countless number of times, now. Even Brubaker and McDaniel did a variation of it, with that issue featuring The Penguin.

True actually, we do need to remember this is Morrison.

Maybe it'll be a Batman from one of the 52 earths or something.

maybe batman won't actually die and everyone can just chill out and not act like he's a little puppy dog playing on the road or something

it is also important to note that... it is only 1 story... EVEN IF THIS DOES CHANGE THE SCHEME OF BATMAN stories forever, as Morrison is claiming THINGS WILL MOVE ON... what is DC going to do, start NOT publishing Batman

I highly doubt that! I suppose it'll all work out, I mean, they brought him back from a broken back...

in a recent wizard interview, morrison says something far more surprising than death is gonna happen to batman.

Something more surprising than death...

-He will find happiness and peace and give up the mantle.

-He will become The Spectre

To some extent, I'm looking forward to this. Batman (most likely) won't die, and this last issue of Morrison's was pretty good. It brought a lot of really good, and long awaited, resolution to the stories he introduced in the first issue.

I'd like to do away with this whole 'continuity' thing all-together, outside of contained storylines, and some basic established backstory (read: keeping Batman - Year One). At least for a little while.

I'd also like to see DC do something like Marvel's Ultimate line, like you guys were talking about earlier. It'd be interesting, and much more sane than just 'rebooting' everything again, IMHO.

I'd also like to see DC do something like Marvel's Ultimate line, like you guys were talking about earlier. It'd be interesting, and much more sane than just 'rebooting' everything again, IMHO.

Didnt they already do that with the All-Star line...?

Didnt they already do that with the All-Star line...?

Somewhat, but the Batman and Robin All Star-line at least does not intend to continue that long, after Lee and Miller are done, another team will start again with their own All Star-story, so there won't be a long continuing story.

Something more surprising than death...

-He will find happiness and peace and give up the mantle.

-He will become The Spectre

Bruce's parents aren't dead. they just moved to Monaco :wow:

That's pretty surprising.

He realizes that he's a comic book character ala Animal Man.

Actually that could be quite cool.

That's pretty surprising.

He realizes that he's a comic book character ala Animal Man.

Actually that could be quite cool.

Reminds me of the old Brave & The Bold story when terrorists kidnapped Jim Aparo to draw Batman dying.

Bob Haney :applaud :applaud :applaud

nothing of what morrison talks about happening to batman over the last 15 years, really happened, he just went crazy after his parents were murdered and has been an inmate at Arkham ever since.

nothing of what morrison talks about happening to batman over the last 15 years, really happened, he just went crazy after his parents were murdered and has been an inmate at Arkham ever since.

The "everything you know is a lie" approach sucks totally.

:stark

That sounds awsome.

it is

1098_4_124.jpg

yeah, not really trying to be serious

The worst thing was when Alan Moore "revealed" that the Swamp Thing has never been Alec Holland but a kind of plant elemental who absorbed Holland's essence. While his run is probably one of the best ever done as an on-going comic book I am still disgusted by this movie.

Sometimes this approach makes good stories (for example, Vader being Luke's father) but most of time it totally sucks. (for example, Leia being Luke's sister).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"