Batman real life rpg sign-up thread

Cats said:
That would be wonderful - one thing tough about the Batman RP, we have to center a lot on the Bat, and thus we of the 'rouge's gallery' can't make too large of a move until he does. And then if he puts any of us in jail it's bye bye to our role in the RP heh...

Cool. I think I'll do the Penguin next.

that would be great, and if you want to break wesker out of prision at any point and time that would be cool too, he doesn't have to stay there if he gets caught. Oh and does anyone know where Masterbruce went? I liked his Joker posts.

<The Joker>

And we're on in 5!...heh...4!3!2!

I look over at the dead radio personalities for GC-K5 Radio.It wasn't hard to get in the studio,actually.They were so amused by my appearance that they wanted me to be a guest.

But,I'm no second fiddle.I'd much rather be the opening act!

So,I shot them.And not with just any gun.Oh no...I shot them with tranquilisers,laced with snake poison.It's amazing what you can find in Gotham City.What,with all the dealers and their knack for having the will to try and sell you the craziest things...Hehe.

I set the headphones on my head,as I waltz to the microphone.I don't have much time,so I'll have to make this a quickie.Don't want the boys in blue to end my little show early,now do we?Heh.

I start the countdown in my head,again.And we're on in 5!4!3!2!1!

It's showtime.

I speak into the microphone the minute that the 'ON AIR' sign lights up.

"Good Evening,Ladies And Germs Of Gotham!I'm afraid tonight's recording of 'Live With Bill and Bob' will be replaced by something...less dull.Haha!Instead,we're having a very special show,tonight..."

I clear my throat.I was born for showbiz!

"...DEATH WITH UNCLE JOKER!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I turn to one of the dead hosts,and hold his face to his own microphone.He doesn't look so happy.I stretch his lips out,giving the illusion that he's smiling.That's better!

I lean in on his microphone,and do my best Elvis Costello impression.

"Do,Do,Do!Death...With...The Jok-er!YEAH!"

I can't help but giggle as I go back to my own mic.This is WILD.This is INSANE.

...This is a dream come TRUE!HAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Thanks,Bobbo.Now,before we begin with tonight's fesitivities,I want to send a personal shoutout to Arnold Wesker,who's sitting in a cell right now.Arnold,we at Death With Uncle Joker are here for you.And your other personalities!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I grin.This is all working so,so perfectly.I could do this all night!

"Let's cut to the chase,Ladies and gentle-freaks.Your city isn't safe.You know it,I know it...Hell,Tom Cruise knows it.And you KNOW how looney that guy is!But the point is...I'm not going to lie to you.Gotham has no hope.No future.All there is is death,death,and more death.Why tell you?Because I,your dear Uncle J,am a concerned citizen.And you know what?I'll even ease the burden for you."

I cover the mic.I can't help but chuckle some more,before saying this next part.

"By killing you all!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I love showbiz!

I turn off the radio as I race towards the station in my car. I have a lock on the feed, and I need to get there quick, the cops are already on there way. Apparently this guy has a big flair for the dramatic. I listened in on some of their radios and the description of his killings are pretty gruesome. I'm betting this is the guy that shot Dick.

I lay a little harder on the gas, he'll be expecting the cops after him, so it's a good thing I'm faster then the cops.

My tires screech as I hit the break hard in front of the station. I hit the ground running and sprint towards the door. I heard enough from the reports about this character to know that I'm probably already to late...but I push myself anyways, maybe I can still help someone.

I bust down the door and glance around. He's on the other side of the soundproof glass. I hesitate for a moment, he's as hellish looking as me in his own way. A horribly carved smile in his face, and clown looks to match. He just grins at me and poits to the sign above his head "ON AIR" The dead radiohosts lay on the ground beside him, one with a smile on his face. This guy is twisted, sick. His pure disregard for human life is against everything I stand for, everything I've worked so hard to stop.

I set my jaw and slowly walk forward, I will stop this clown, he deserves justice.

<The Joker>

I look over as the door is busted down,on the opposite side of the room.I peer in,to see who walks in.Probably one of those rent-a-cops that Gordons...

...Ha...Haha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh...Oh my...That...He's...He's real!HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Oh,my sides!HAHAHAHAHA!The Batman!He's real!I can't...Wow...HAHAHAHA!He even has the pointy ears for it!Oh,this guy's a hoot!

I point at the 'ON AIR' sign,as he steps in.I have to keep myself from bursting into laughter...But damn,the way he's dressed,it's hard!HAHAHAHAHA!

I then get an idea.Boy,won't the dear Gothamites love this?!

"Ooooh...Ladies and Gentlemen,our first guest for Death With Uncle J has arrived!Gotham,I want you to give a warm,bleated welcome to my dearest partner in crime,Gotham's own...THE BATMAN!"

As I say that,He bursts into the recording room.I grin at him,as I put my hand over the mic.

"Boy,won't you be the big bad hero now?HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The rage boils through me as I stare at this...this...thing. I know one of the men on the ground, he was a good man. Nice, kind, he didn't deserve this...and for no reason! I can understand the muggers, the theives, the mobsters. They at least have greed as a motive, but what does this man have? Why! WHY! It makes no sense, just chaos and death.

"These men had families...FAMILIES do you hear me?" I growl. My voice is low, but it still resounds within the room. I've never felt this kind of fury before, its a diffrent kind from what I felt for Selina, more primal. I can't understand a man like this.

He just laughs at me. The bastard laughs. I loose my head for a moment, don't think straight, and just go at him. Stupid, a dumb move. I may be quick, but I can't cover ten feet quicker then the flick of a wrist. he lifts up his gun and fires at me. My momentum carries me straight into the bullet and it feels like a car hits my shoulder. I spin backwards and crash into the wall.

"Welll will you lookie that folks!" the maniac says, "it appears this bat doesn't bleed! That's some tough skin you got there fella!"

I push myself up, all I know is that I want to hurt this man. There's something about him...something unidentifyable that causes a rage within me.

I start towards him warily, my arm isn't hanging right, I hope nothing's broken, but I can't let it bother me now. I have a job to do.

"So is that how's its gunna be bat boy? You wanna get rough with uncle Joker?" the man laughs wildly, "this is gunna be fun!"

Introducing, Mr. Cobblepot!

I stepped off of the exit ramp and into the airport. It was good to be home again, I suppose. Well, as close to a home as I had, anyways. Still better than that 3rd-world Hell-hole the travel agency tried to pass off as a "perfect vacation destination."

My name is Oswald Cobblepot, and I'm in the arms dealing business. Don't let anyone mislead you with that foul "Penguin" title; just because I have a fine Roman nose, black & white suits, and a somewhat diminuative stature, does not mean that I share any resemblance to a certain flightless bird.

I moved here to Gotham not two years ago, from England, and I can't say I'm quite used to it yet. But, alas, this is my new base of operations.

My success over on the other side of the Atlantic was minimal, but I've made a substantial killing here, in more ways than one. And that's why I'm back today.

It seems that some dishonest individual has impersonated me, and employed several highly-trained ninjas in my name. I will not stand for this, and I'm going to find out just who's going to roast for this.

I trod down the streets of Chinatown for a couple of minutes to look around for the three cats still missing from home when I see a group of people gathered around a punk and his stereo. They're made up of an elderly couple, a mother and a kid as well as three youth. I get curious because such people rarely hang out together, and less so to be listening to stereo together, so I walk over to listen to what is captivating the crowd.

At first I think it's another one of those zany programs where the host entertains with cheesy jokes that he mostly laughs at himself, but the punk in all his neon-green glory whispers to me while the radio blares on, "It's the Joker! He's live on air - I think he's just killed a couple of people."

"The wha??" I realise I must be seriously out of date with the news, and hadn't I just been reading about a puppet mob boss? "Who's that?"

The group of people look annoyed at my apparently 'dumb question', and I sorta shrug. "He's a serial killer," says the elderly dude. I wait for him to elaborate on this 'serial killer', but it seems that's all he's gonna offer, so I listen in as well.

The supposed 'serial killer' on the radio is laughing like a maniac, saying, "...I'm not going to lie to you. Gotham has no hope. No future. All there is is death, death, and more death.Why tell you? Because I, your dear Uncle J, am a concerned citizen. And you know what? I'll even ease the burden for you. By killing you all! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

What he says actually brings a smile to my face. Not that it's funny in anyway, but I think he must be psychologically deranged to think he can kill everyone in Gotham. It's almost corny the way it sounds so villain-ish, like something pulled right out of the comic books. I can't believe these people are actually taking him seriously.

There's dead air for a moment, and everyone sorts relaxes, wondering what the heck did they just hear. But then we hear the same voice come on again, "Ooooh...Ladies and Gentlemen,our first guest for Death With Uncle J has arrived! Gotham, I want you to give a warm, bleated welcome to my dearest partner in crime, Gotham's own...THE BATMAN!"

Everyone looks shocked, and sorta stares at each other, trying to comprehend what we're all thinking. There's a moment of silence again, then a sound of gunshot. The Joker character goes on, "Welll will you lookie that folks! It appears this bat doesn't bleed! That's some tough skin you got there fella! So is that how's its gunna be bat boy? You wanna get rough with uncle Joker? This is gunna be fun!"

More smashing, sounds of glass breaking and suddenly nothing but static.

"I knew it, that so-called vigilante is really a criminal," says the elderly lady to the man.

"Now come on Florence, are you crediting that on the words of a lunatic?" he replies.

"Sounds like the bat is shot," says the punk to the other three guys, and suddenly a smile breaks out on their faces, "COOL!" they shout in unison. The mother looks disturbed by all these callousness to violence and she covers the ears of her kid as she rushes off.

I'm not sure what to think of it... sure, the Bat chased me once, but I'm not sure I like the thought of him shot. I may be a thief, but I think I still have a soul...

I crouch slowly and start to circle around the table towards the clown. He shouldn't give me any troubble, physically I'm more then a match for him, but I was stupid and got my arm busted. Still, I can't let it affect me too much, people died here, and he needs to pay.

He's still smiling at me, that wicked smile. For some reason this man unsettles me more then anything I've seen yet. Suddenly the clown reaches down and grabs one of the bodies of the hosts, he pulls the lips back so it looks like the corpse is smiling, then thrusts it at me.

"Bobo wants to say hi! He's such a HAPPY fellow!" The man breaks into a insane laughter, firing shots wildly. I dive towards the floor, the dead body lands on top of me, it's blank eyes staring, they seem to stare into my soul. It's sick, this whole thing is sick. I shove the corpse off me and spring up. The clown is sprinting back into a hallway, deeper into the building. I sprint after him. I can't understand this man, he could have easily run out the door and into the city, but he's just leading me on deeper into the building in some sort of crazy game of cat in mouse.

His laughter floats back to me and my insides squirm. It's almost like he enjoys this.

I sit in my office when I get a call. It's this Bane guy. I don't like the sound of him. He wants to know If I pay in cash or check because he says he has his sights on batman right now. It seems he's got "the Joker" in his sights too. I tell him I just want Batman dead. He tells me it will be done tonight. He hangs up. I can tell he's not an ordinary criminal. Don't fancy rubbing him up the right way.

sorry for the long pause, but I was waiting for Master Bruce to reply, and then nothing happened for a while, well does anyone want to play bane?

I'll play bane instead of thorne for a while if no one minds and if no one else offers to play bane any time soon. but thats a last resort, i'd rather just stay as thorne

I'll play bane instead of thorne for a while if no one minds and if no one else offers to play bane any time soon. but thats a last resort, i'd rather just stay as thorne

I'm willing to join the action at the radio station if someone gives Selina Kyle a lead :p

that would be cool, but really, to keep this thing on it's feet, we need more then 3 people who want to regularly post.

I stroll back to my apartment, pondering what I'd just heard. Do I just pretend nothing's different, or let the Bat get taken down tonight? I say no... if anyone's gonna take him down, it's gonna be me! This 'Joker' fella's not gonna beat me to it.

And quickly I make my way to a cafe, ask for the telephone directory, find the address of the radio station and prace back to my apartment for a little 'costume change'.

An hour later, I find myself on the rooftop of the station. Without much trouble, I unseal a window and enter quietly. The lights are off and there's no a sound to be heard, so I'm guessing the action is happening downstairs. I reach for the stairwell and proceed down cautiously, making sure to check all directions before moving forward.

There's a sign on the third floor - it says "Studios", and I figure that's where I wanna go. I open the door gingerly, follow a corridor, and notice there are bloody footprints on the floor leading down a larger hallway. So I lighten my footsteps and follow the prints through the hall and down a second path that leads to another hall below the one I came from. The prints are so faint now I can barely see them, but there is an obvious sign of a scuffle because tables and chairs are thrown askew, glass lie broken on the ground and sheets of paper scattered.

I pick up a broken bottle and proceed forward, my heart now racing. I think I hear a faint breathing sound, and begin to search around. If the action had taken place an hour ago, it might well been over. It's anyone's guess if the Batman is still alive now.

I creep slowly through the hallway. Where did the clown go? Then I hear the slow creep of old music, it sounds like it's from a record. I slowly push open a door, it's some sort of storage room, and someone's playing one of the old records on a beaten down record player. It's a circus tune...from Three dog Night "the show must go on." Then I hear a rustle behind me. Spinning on my heal I turn, expecting the Joker, but to my surprise it's the catburgler I met. The catwoman.

"What in the name...what are you doing here?" I ask, but her reply is cut off as something hard hits me in the back of my head.

The Bat collapses in front of me, and I have just a two seconds glimpse of his attacker before I leap away - the man looks like a ghoul; pale white as a corpse, stained with trails of blood of his victims that I'm guessing have not survived, his lips are curled upwards, cutting into his cheeks in a deep scarlett shade, and he's a head of bright green hair, that I'm guessing he must've dyed. In that aspect he sorta looks like a clown... a very warped clown. He's holding a bludgeoner in his hands, the one he used to incapacitate the Batman. Grinning like a fool as he approaches me slowly - insanity in the flesh.

"Well well... what do we have here?" he has a high pitched voice, the same I heard on the radio. It is different watching him say it to my face though... he has a disturbing presence, one that I do not plan on staying in for long. "A kitty cat?" he mocks me... "Here kitty kitty!" taunts me... I'm no fool.

I slip into the darkness of a large hall, notice a rusty iron lying upon the floor and grab it. It's dangerous not having a weapon with me, but guns are not exactly my style. The iron will do... The clown doesn't see me, he calls for me more and I don't reply. If I'm to take him down, I have to do it quickly, I know he must be pretty sharp in order to have murdered so many and gotten away with it. You don't mess with serial killers like this one - and he's the first one I've faced (not counting Larry, Curly and Moe... I don't know how many those have done in). I can hear his approaching footsteps as I hide behind a shelf.

"Come out kitty kitty! Don't be afraid of Uncle Joker... I'll give you some milk if you do!" I can see his shadow now, and I get smug, moving swiftly to hammer the iron into a head. But I realise in a split second that the Joker had been holding up a corpse in front of him that he whisks at me. The blood from the victim's skull now seeps onto my chest and I struggle to get free. The iron has fallen a distance from me and the clown is quickly taking a seat on top of the corpse so I can't get free.

But hey... this gal has an ace up her sleeve (forgive the pun). As soon as he plants his butt down on that corpse, I pull out my whip, slap it around his neck and pull. It catches him by surprise as he falls over, taking the weight of the corpse with him and I am free.

"You *****!" he screams at me as he coughs when the whip is released. And I'd like to reply, but I figure I might put him down first. So I reach for the iron and plummet it down on his head hard. He falls to the floor and remains motionless - I think I've killed him... or I don't know. But I'm not sticking around to find out. Swiping some of the grime and blood off me, I return to the hall only to find the Batman gone.

I figure it's just as well... he probably recovered while I was busy. We'll live to fight another day!

My head feels like it's been split open, I'd probably be dead if I didn't have armor around my cowl. I push myself up, and to my surprise, the lunatic is on the ground, catwoman standing over him. I'm already in the shadows when she turns to look at me. I have to be cautious, right now I'm pretty banged up, and I'm not quite sure if she's in the friend or foe catagory. And I have no idea what she's going to do with the clown. I stay back and watch...

Catwoman stands over Joker, it seems she's going to leave, but she hesitates, it's then I stumble. Dizziness washes over me, the back of my head feels slightly wet, I think I'm loosing blood.

Catwoman jumps at my unexpected appearance, but then she give's me a little smile.

"Not so gracefull tonight are you?"

<The Joker>

Heh... Ow.

I look up as Bat-Boob and Kitty Litter begin chatting. Battypants mentions "Not so graceful tonight are you?". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get that this isn't the first time they've crossed paths. So they've met before? Hehe... That's quite interesting. I may save that for future reference.

However... Right now, I have one dooooooozy of a headache... And considering two against one just isn't fair at all...

I reach into my jacket when they aren't looking, and pull out a gun. I see a pipe above them. Probably for water. Eh, good enough for me!

I shoot the pipe, making water fly, hitting the both of them with a powerful surge of it, as I make my way back to where I came out from. I look back, as the two costumed looneys (Heh, I'm one to talk) start to get up from my little dirty trick. I salute them both.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but you're both a couple'a *****es! Catch ya on the flipside, pointy earsies! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Then, I make a run for it. Not the best plan in the world, but it'll save me the embarassment of being locked up by two halloweeners. Heh.

Now, to find a place so I can lick my wounds... before one of those masked monkeywrenches can search the city for me. TTFN, Gotham! Ta Ta... For Now!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Great....that was just f* Cking great. The water hits me in the head hard, just what I need, a hard blast of water to my head, after the physco clown nails me in the head. Nice job hero.

I stumble backwards, trying to clear my head, now sopping wet. I really need to make an insulated suit. As I lean back and try to regain my senses I see the clown making an exit. Great, what else could go wrong?

I get thrown to the ground on top of the Batman with the water spurt. I hate being wet, and I grip a fist in anger at the clown, prepared to chase him till I smack the living daylights outta him. But then I hear a groan, and I see the gushing water turning a tinge of red. Is it me? Am I bleeding? I look myself over and I know I'm fine.

It's Batman, he doesn't look too good, grimaced in pain. Strange to see him this way, when I would've believed he could withstand anything the first time I met him upon the rooftop. He always appears so strong. But he's as mortal as me, and suffering from the blows given to him by that maniac. I gently feel at the back of his head and find my gloved fingers doused in blood... his blood. He probably needs a hospital or something... but how would they react to a masked vigilante? I think about it for a sec. If they discovered his identity, they might arrest him, then I'd be free to go scouring people's houses without having to worry about running from him. But is that really what I want? Where is the fun in taking away the chase? If I knew a private doctor I could trust then.... wait... didn't Miss Thompkins use to be a surgeon? If I could take him to her, she might not tell.

I pick him up gently, but he moans and grips onto his left arm. I realise it might've been dislocated. I have to be careful with this... As I look round, I find a trolley and prop him up on that. He's still awake, and I know he's fighting hard to stay conscious - my heart races, I don't quite understand it. Why am I saving my pursuer? It makes little sense. But something about him... there's just something about him that kills me to see him this way.

I race through the hallways with the trolley, the scene of the two of us would probably look slightly strange to onlookers, thankfully the place is empty. I find my car in the place I'd left it, and lift him onto the backseat. But as I turn to leave, I feel his grip around my hand.

"No doctors..." his voice is rough, pained. And I try to smile.

"I know, trust me," I pat his hand and feel the grip soften as he slips into unconsciousness. A fear seizes me, I know it's silly, but I worry that he's not going to make it.

I slip off my mask and begin to drive, drive as fast as I can. My feet is on the floorboard, and the cars are ducking out of the way, I hear faint swearing from the other drivers... I don't really care.

While I'm driving, I speed dial Miss Thompkins. Thankfully she's still at the shelter. I tell her I have a casualty and need her help. She asks why I can't take him to the hospital, and I tell her I can't explain over the phone. There's a little medical room in the shelter, she tells me to bring him directly there and she'll be ready for my arrival.

As I near the shelter, I pull off my gloves and stop right in front of the medical room where I'm met by Miss Thompkins. She gasps when she sees the Batman, I mean I would too. How often do you get a patient who's one of Gotham's most notorious vigilantes?

"How did you end up with him?" asks Miss Thompkins, and I sorta shrug... she can't know the truth.

"I found him bleeding to death at the radio station. Couldn't leave him, so I picked him up and brought him here."

She eyes me a little, "Is there something you're not telling me?"

She's sharp, but there's little time for that. "Please take care of him will you? And don't tell him who brought him here."

Miss Thompkins hesistates for a sec then succumbs, nods and takes him in. "Go home Selina, don't get into more trouble."

It would seem that she knew the truth all along, I hope I'm guessing wrong. And I hope the Bats will pull through...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"