The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

You can be Booster. Long as we get seven, they can be a mixture of JLAers past and present.

Now I just have to look up the most obscure JL'er.

Here's a question/suggestion that I'm not sure if it was mentioned before:

If we're doing this as a team-based game, will it be strictly JLA each time? Because I was thinkin', with each session/season/whatever, we could switch to a different team in the DCU. Say, at the end of each season, the players vote on which team they'd like to do next, given choices from the GM depending on what he's got in mind for the next session's challenge. So like, the first session is Justice League, the second session could be the JSA or JLI, the third could be the Teen Titans or the Outsiders, and so on. You could even do a session on the other end where we play as the Injustice League or the Flash's Rogues or whatnot. Could be fun, y'know, really open up the DCU rather than having the same characters again and again.

Last edited:
I want to apply now, but I want to wait until Keyser states whether or not he's holding on to Bruce first. Being the only Leaguer out of the Big Seven that I both am really interested in playing AND have yet to play before in any game to any capacity, Batman's my first choice and I'll gladly throw my hat in his ring if he's available. Otherwise, I'll be shooting an app for Hal, Barry or Clark.

Wow, some interesting ideas swinging back and forth here.

I do think we need to try something different. This RPG, in its current format, just isn't working. I'm to blame for this as well, but the activity just isn't there, not enough to drive a season in the classic World of Heroes style, driven by in-depth solo arcs and ambitious group collaborations. We might as well try something new.

I'm still onboard as Batman. I had ideas for stories to do with him in this RPG, which I likely won't get to do under this new format, but I wasn't going to get to do them anyway with the RPG as dead as it was. He's my fave hero, and I still want the chance to really get into playing him.

To throw in a couple of my own suggestions for how this JLA-centric RPG could work:

1. Byrd has said the focus will be on filling out the Justice League roster. That makes sense. Before anyone else can apply for anything, we need to have people playing all of the JLA Big 7. But once those roles are filled, I think it could be good to then open up to other players. Perhaps bring in "guest stars" for limited tenures, serving as villains? Someone could come onboard to play as Gorilla Grodd for an arc, then once they're defeated we could introduce someone else to join in and play as Darkseid for an arc. We could even make up a new "villain app" (which could be sent in private to the GM rather than posted publicly in OOC), where part of the app is suggesting what the villain's evil plan will be. It keeps the whole interactive "heroes VS villains" collab fanfic aspect of the games intact, rather than reverting too much into a "GM dictates what happens and the heroes respond" format. And people could also apply to play as other heroes to join the Justice League (again, perhaps arc-based, joining temporarily for single missions), but only if we have all 7 primary roles filled.

2. DON'T PUT IT IN CONTINUITY. If I have to read another pre-Flashpoint/post-New 52 argument, or see it plastered in another thread, I'm going to go postal. We're off in our own continuity. Batman is Bruce Wayne, his parents were killed in Crime Alley, his arch-nemesis is The Joker. Stick to the broad strokes. Trying to establish a fixed point of continuity always leads to more questions and confusion than answers.

But there's definitely potential here. I'm open to more discussion and brainstorming!

2. DON'T PUT IT IN CONTINUITY. If I have to read another pre-Flashpoint/post-New 52 argument, or see it plastered in another thread, I'm going to go postal. We're off in our own continuity. Batman is Bruce Wayne, his parents were killed in Crime Alley, his arch-nemesis is The Joker. Stick to the broad strokes. Trying to establish a fixed point of continuity always leads to more questions and confusion than answers.

I wish this had a hole for me to stick my dick in.

Just have the villain player run the ideas by Byrd to work out any kinks, and so Byrd can take up the reigns if they flake out.

To throw in a couple of my own suggestions for how this JLA-centric RPG could work:

1. Byrd has said the focus will be on filling out the Justice League roster. That makes sense. Before anyone else can apply for anything, we need to have people playing all of the JLA Big 7. But once those roles are filled, I think it could be good to then open up to other players.

I don't agree that it has to be with the Big 7. Although, to please byrd I could play Martian Manhunter instead of Aquaman. I've always wanted to and this would be the best game to take a wack at it.

Was in reply to Keyser's post. And on MSN you verified after I posted that. But still Keyser is suggesting to do that and I'm expressing my feelings. So my post is still valid. :oldrazz::oldrazz:

Nothing you do, say, or create is valid.

Alright, starting to like the sound of all this. Count me in.

**** the Big 7 and the only villain should be the GM. :)

**** the Big 7 and the only villain should be the GM. :)

I think other players should be welcome to play villains as well, though the GM can depict NPC villains if no players are available. And I do like the idea of having a Big 7 first, THEN opening the floor to other team members, if only because I don't think we've ever been able to successfully assemble a whole Big 7 roster in the games.

The thing is you'll force people to pick one of the 7. Let's do like a D&D campaign and have everyone just come in with whatever League character they want to play. I'm gonna be Adam Strange.

And keeping the villains with the GM keeps things streamlined. Let the scenario be his entirely and let's just switch GM's after every game.

Don't lock out the idea of future PC villains, just don't use them for now. But down the line, once we get a sense for how the game plays, if someone wants to play a villain, let them. They just have to work with the GM to keep from interfering with each other, and so the GM can take over the storyline if necessary.

If the GM is out of ideas, then the new villain player can become the de facto GM.

The thing is you'll force people to pick one of the 7. Let's do like a D&D campaign and have everyone just come in with whatever League character they want to play. I'm gonna be Adam Strange.

And keeping the villains with the GM keeps things streamlined. Let the scenario be his entirely and let's just switch GM's after every game.

This is a good idea! I'd be for it.

So, I may put up the OOC thread for the new game up tomorrow. We can hash things out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"