The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Anyone who also reads the Ultimate DC OOC thread saw this coming, but real life is ***** slapping the hell out of me right now so I don't think there's any way that I can avoid doing this because I just can't see when I'm going to have time to post regularly for at least the next couple of months.

As such, I am dropping out and hope to return in April-ish.

Hate to say it but this one just might dead. Hope not though...I'm enjoying The Joker.

Sorry for not posting in ages. Wieg, I think my latest post can work as a "fade out" for our scene, if you want, then we can pick up with our own stuff if we want.

I'll see if I can get a post up tonight. With other things on my plate posting in the RPGs have been terrible lately. After this Alice arc, though...I'm dropping out of the game.

Sorry for not posting in ages. Wieg, I think my latest post can work as a "fade out" for our scene, if you want, then we can pick up with our own stuff if we want.

Sounds good.

You lazy prick :p

Since Byrd is asking for feedback int he other games, here's mine:

****ING POST!!!

We had a good thing started here, but now while the other games are moving along, this one's floundered. If you don't have any ideas, get on MSN with someone and put something together. That's when posting really takes off.

BTW, where's our mod and moving the games back out into the main forums where people can see them? We need some fresh blood to drain to feed our souls and ensure our immortality.

...I mean, we need new writers.

Yes, new, blood filled writers....

And if it'll help activity, anyone can feel free to take Superman away from me. It's been way too long and I don't deserve to keep him.

I'm gonna catch up in reading in the other games, then start writing out a Lex post. If the heroes are gonna let him take over, I mean, not defend themselves...

Alright, I have another idea I've been sitting on for awhile and it could be of benefit to this game.

What if we allowed people to play whole teams?

Like, the entire Justice League, or the Teen Titans, or a villain team. They could be the JL while other players played the characters, doing their own stories. Anytime someone wanted to bring together a PC Justice League, the person playing the Justice League would take a break and let the group do their arc. And, it could be open to interaction with the team interacting with PC villains and other individual heroes and teams.

Think of it like the comics. How Superman and Batman have their own books and have adventures, but their also on the JLA and their having JLA adventures. It's the same basic principle as the comics.

It's just an initial idea and could be toyed with. But it's a new way to take things and something that we've never done before.

That's interesting. In a good way.

And it doesn't stop players from playing the same members of a team.

Everyone *****es about teams not doing ****, now they can.

Alright, I have another idea I've been sitting on for awhile and it could be of benefit to this game.

What if we allowed people to play whole teams?

Like, the entire Justice League, or the Teen Titans, or a villain team. They could be the JL while other players played the characters, doing their own stories. Anytime someone wanted to bring together a PC Justice League, the person playing the Justice League would take a break and let the group do their arc. And, it could be open to interaction with the team interacting with PC villains and other individual heroes and teams.

Think of it like the comics. How Superman and Batman have their own books and have adventures, but their also on the JLA and their having JLA adventures. It's the same basic principle as the comics.

It's just an initial idea and could be toyed with. But it's a new way to take things and something that we've never done before.

I would be willing to stay on with this one to see how this idea works. Possibly even pick up a JLA member to help out with it (BTW I would have to get the Joker back as well...he's a villian and we need those in this RPG).

You wouldn't necessarily need to pick up a JLA member for it to work. You could be the whole team and do stuff while the players playing the individual JLA members could do their own thing.

You wouldn't necessarily need to pick up a JLA member for it to work. You could be the whole team and do stuff while the players playing the individual JLA members could do their own thing.

Ahhh...gotcha...need to think it over for a couple of days...but I think I can see me giving this one another try.

I would be willing to stay on with this one to see how this idea works. Possibly even pick up a JLA member to help out with it (BTW I would have to get the Joker back as well...he's a villian and we need those in this RPG).

I think you've touched on something here: lack of villains is quite a major problem in this RPG, and arguably in other RPGs too. Villains are the movers and shakers in these stories. If you look back to the times when the RPGs have been most thriving, it's largely been through villain-driven storylines such as The Dark Alliance. When you have a large number of villains to play off a large number of heroes, it allows for more conflict and battles, and in turn more activity. When there's only a couple of villains, even when there are a lot of heroes, the trend will often shift towards solo arcs or heroes fighting NPC baddies and threats, which can make things slower.

So it'd be like the comics? Have JLA run concurrently with solo titles?

I'd do the inverse. Make this is a JL RPG rather than a DC RPG. Gamemaster it and have people play as part of the team.

At first I thought Byrd meant that someone could pick up a character, and the team they're on. Then they could run the team. And if someone came along to pick up a character on the team, they'd have control of the character and could do with them what they want, and (technically) no longer be under team control. And then the team could be under shared control.

While a bit complicated to pull off, the more I think about it, it would force players to actually work together, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Forgot to mention in mine that the team wouldn't necessarily be under shared control. The new player could just deal with their one character, and let the team player keep running the rest of the team. (Which I guess is a form of shared control after all)

But, essentially, it just boils down to loosening restrictions on NPCs. Might be pushing fanfic territory, but at least **** would be getting done.

You know, everybody's always talked about doing a game with strict GM control like a dungeon master from D&D, but nobody has really done it. **** it, this is a sinking ship so let's try it out here. We'll try being a Justice League RPG with GM control over the storyline. I'll withdraw from being Supes, due to trying my hand at being a GM. Before we get started, here's the JL roster.

Superman (Open)
Batman (Soze)
Wonder Woman (Open)
Flash: Barry (Open)
GL: Hal (Open)
Aquaman (Open)
Martian Manhunter (Open)

If anyone wants to give it a try, apply now.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll keep my eye on it. I really, really don't have the time to jump in though.

But I have to say, the idea of one person playing a team is an interesting one, seeing as I'm basically playing all of the Avengers in One Earth.

I'm debating the idea in my head. Trying to figure out what to do with Luthor, or just keep on keeping on with my plans.

There's no debate or discussion. This now a JL RPG. Pick up one of the JLA members. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"