Batman Returns dark?

And no way is the BB line as memorable as Peter Parkers wise words from uncle ben thought up 40+ years ago and still going strong.

They lose power as they're forced. The truth behind them is undeniable but the use of them makes the lines sound cliched and average.

Comic books as well as their adaptations should have memorable/cliche lines.

Comic books as well as their adaptations should have memorable/cliche lines.

^ That is very cliché to say. It doesn't have to be that way.

But most important than having them is to know how to use them so the inherent truth of the lines can float above the "cliché" label instead of being hidden by it.

BR is dark indeed but, for me, not very entertaining. So much brooding by almost the whole cast! One of my biggest gripes about BR is that Batman was pretty much just a bit player. What did he get to do? Plus the horrid, cornball scenes like the time Bats programs the batarang to smack the circus gang on the noggins, the ******ed "penguin radar" in the Bat-sewer-boat, the ******ed penguin march itself, etc. The only thing I really credit Burton with is (besides the decent Batman '89) making Batman himself edgier, more violent and largely remorseless. The Dark Knight indeed!

Batman Returns is an odd one, mainly because I'm laughing my ass off for one moment(at Ice Princess, DeVito's performance, silly penguin army with candy cane-like rockets) but the next moment I'm cringing (Selina getting shot, cats ressurecting her). Odd indeed. Great film though.

Returns IS dark, i liked the blue filter too. But there is some horrible writing and cheesey dialogue in the movie that makes me cringe and want to mute the TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"