"Arkham Assylum" and Batman Returns

GoogleMe94

Sidekick
Reaction score
i dont know about you guys, but i just read this comic last week at the book store, and i swear, this was probably the sickest batman comic ive ever read! but it also reminded ALOT of Batman Returns. that gross imagery, the darkness, the strangeness, the gothic look, the scary looking characters, it all reminded me of Returns so much! even batman had the little burton trademark curls at the ends of his cape. there was alot of disturbing imagery in it, and i thought it had the same feel as Returns did. anyone find these 2 strangely connected in some way? i dont know when AA came out, but i have a feeling it came out after burtons films.

Really? I didn't know that.

I'd say Burton definitely borrowed aspects from it, Asylum's style goes hand in hand with Burton's. I loved both of these masterpieces. It'd have been awesome if Burton had done Arkham Asylum as Batman 3. D**n you Schumacher.

I thought the look of Arkham in Batman Forever and Batman & Robin was very similar to the comics (and the animated series). Personally, I thought it looked great. If Burton had used that gn for Batman 3 it would have been awesome so I agree.

I don't mean to affend anybody at all, but I was just wondering why so many people like "Arkham Asylum"? After I heard all of the good reviews that it got, I bought it and read it, and, to tell you the truth, I was a little bit disappointed. What was so great about it?

The story was decent, but you have to look deeper. There's a lot of hidden symbolism. I think why people like this story so much (it sold 500,000+ copies) is because it's different, it's eerie...it's what Arkham is like for all its inmates. It gives you a glimpse of what it's like to be insane. AA is heavily influenced by Alice in Wonderland as well--Batman going into Arkham (the rabbit hole). Stuff like that.

Arkham Assylum. Where even the craziest lunatic doesn't pick up the soap.

That's gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"