Batman Returns fans united

Originally posted by jaydawg
Like I said, Batman Returns is the thinking man's comic film.

Exactamundo!

Like I said, Batman Returns is the thinking man's comic film.

I want a Superman film thats more intellectual

And I wanted a rated R batman, but wudda gonna do?

An R rated Batman would be cool

Just imagine killer Croc ripping heads, joker using acid and tommy guns on people, laughing fish destroying peoples minds...ahhhhh bliss.

From UGO:

This is the one Batman film that came close to the tone of the comic book, and Bob Kane's original character creation, for that matter. Understand this, once and for all: Bruce Wayne is a PSYCHOTIC. He witnessed his PARENTS' MURDER. He dresses up as a BAT. He is not a healthy man. The truly well-done Batman stories are dark, gothic, despairing and nihilistic nightmare yarns, in which mentally ill characters, both good and evil, go to vaudevillian extremes to express their psychoses. They become tragic clowns, all of them, and Tim Burton understood this. This is the Batman movie he wanted to make, with little to no studio interference. This is as close as it's going to get, folks. Cherish it, or you can't call yourself a Batman fan. The only reason this unpleasant, ghoulish film had to pull some of its punches to get a friendly rating is because it's the sequel to the inferior (though still solid) original, which made a kazillion dollars.

As perfectly expressed in the original film:

"You're not exactly normal, are you?"
"It's not exactly a normal world, is it?"

WB would never make R Batman movie cos WB are thinking of kids here to make money. That's why WB hired Joel Schumacher.

Just imagine killer Croc ripping heads, joker using acid and tommy guns on people, laughing fish destroying peoples minds...ahhhhh bliss.

And Batarangs getting stuck in people's eyes! HELL YEAH!

An R rated Batman movie would rock, but it'll never happened with WB.

I love Batman Returns more than any other Batman film ever made. I just loved how character drvien these characters are in the story. I jsut love how there can be a whole psychological study done on Penguin and Catwoman. This movie is what the batman comic books are and really takes the subject matter seriously. Sure the only thing not soo dark was the penguins with rocket launchers, but hey! thats true comic book spirit right there. People who dont read the comic are always getting that Batman stories, etc arent dark or tragic enough but they should realy look at Batman Retunrs and understand what we see in the charcetrs and the comic. Batman Returns is truly the bsaic groundwork of what we read and hope for in a Batman story. I love how dark and artistic this film is.

Batman Returns is a masterpiece? Your trying to be funny right?:D

I enjoyed it. I never said it was a great movie. And yes it is still a hell of a lot better than Tim Burton's fantasy world where Zoo's let their penguins roam free in the sewers.
Oh man what a stupid idiot write that OMG i don't know that in the world live so stupid and childish ****ers like that one!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

batman returns is my favorite batman movie. :up: Danny DeVito did a fantastic jo as the penguin, imo the batsuit was better then the one from '89.

:up:

I basically see Returns as a really great Elseworld's title. As anyone whose ever read my posts will know, I am fully appreciative of a director who puts their own personal stamp on a movie and that it is up to the audience to see if they like it or not. I'm simply not that big of a fan of Tim Burton's work and I think that Returns suffers a bit from his excesses. I don't like the campy freakish nature of the Penguin. And I don't like the fact that Batman/Bruce Wayne once again takes a back seat to the villains. Now, of course, this doesn't make it a bad movie, just not a Batman film that I prefer to see.

That being said, it is a very poetic and artfully produced film that does some very gutsy takes on the characters, most of which I can appreciate in the context of it being Burton's Batworld or simply just as the aforementioned Elseworld's title.

There's been so many versions of Batman in the comics that it's kind of silly calling Burton's film an elseworld. It's simply another version of the character. Just like Chris Nolan film which has a "realistic" approach to the character.

When you have a character around for 60 years you're gonna have to change stuff to keep it fresh. If you look at Batman's 60+ years in the comics there have been several different versions of him. The movies aren't that different. The 1940s serials were the "racist" version of Batman. The Adam West version were the campy version of Batman. The Burton films were the "artistic...regular guy" version of Batman. The Schumacher version of Batman was the gay one and now the Nolan version is the realistic one.

I enjoyed this movie VERY much... nuff said
I hope for a special edition dvd in a near future

It's gonna be released anytime soon. Tim Burton already confirmed this. So far the only thing we know is that there's Tim Burton and Danny Elfman commentary track on both Batman movies.

I really, really hope there are deleted scenes.

Yes, the main concept was duality. Because most humans have battles with duality about how they really are, not to the extent of Batman and Catwoman but you get the point. Hopefully we too will see a Batman Returns SE dvd!!!

A Batman Returns SE DVD will be released. Tim Burton already confirmed this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"