BvS Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

I wouldn't say that Rudd is bland either.

That's cool, to each his own. I have never gone out of my way to see a film headlined by Paul Rudd. He is nice in supporting roles...depending on the material I suppose. He is nothing special though IMO.

Last edited:
That's cool, to each his own. I have never gone out of my way to see a film headlined by Paul Rudd. He is nice in supporting roles...depending on the material I suppose. He is nothing special though IMO.

"do less man" - Paul Rudd

Just apply this to Rudd's filmography

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

:hehe:

To a degree, I can understand some studios holding their films for summertime -- kids are out of school and better weekday numbers -- but some films overcome that limitation. I don't think anyone expected the first Hunger Games to put up TDK-sized opening numbers. Let alone in March.

I can only imagine how much BvS can do in a typically slower month like March or April. That's the kind of studio mentality that has me shaking my head. Stacking films one after the other during the summer is stifling. Summer 2013 was, simply put, a bloodbath. Some came out strong, some tanked, and a lot floundered.

I know 2016 is two years away, but I fear it's going to get crowded like 2015 is.

We'll see what tune he's singing in a year. I'd wager Marvel breaks before WB.

I really don't like this d**k-measuring move the studios pull. They do it every year with a pair of competing films. 2012 had Relativity and Universal pitting rival Snow White films against one another. Last year had FilmDistrict and Sony had rival White House invasion pics Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down. This year has two Hercules movies coming out. Not saying the MCU pic and BvS share the same story, but gunning for the same audience. They're both going to end up with egg on their face.

Marvel is taking more risks with release dates -- moving Thor 2 to late October (int'l)/November (U.S.) and Captain America 2 to late March (int'l)/April (U.S.) -- and they're paying off. I'm surprised WB isn't taking a leaf out of their book for this.

We don't even know what films marvel is putting out In 2016.My belief Is if they can't say what the films are they should be quiet on release dates.At least we know WB is doing a SUperman/Batman film that also has wonder woman and possibly others.And may be prelude to Justice league film.Does Disney and Kevin Feige really think Dr strange or Thor 3 will blow away a superman/batman film that also Is first time Wonder woman Is ever in a feature film? Man of steel did outgross Thor the Dark world.And this Is more a event film.Some just think every other studio should just run scared of ever MS film.
than man of steel.

Possible 1 week before the release of BvS?
Brazilian website website Judão reveal that their sources at Warner Bros. Brazil have told them that the movie will open in the South American country on April 28th, 2016 (new films are released there on a Thursday), and while this branch of Warner Bros. tells them that they’re still waiting for 100% confirmation, word is that the US release date of Batman Vs. Superman has also been moved up to April 29th instead of May 6th.
That’s a week before, and an easy way to save face for the studio. After all, fans feeling grateful to have the highly anticipated Zack Snyder helmed movie seven days earlier will hopefully pay more attention to that than the fact that they’re seemingly backing down from Marvel. This also gives Batman Vs. Superman a clear week at #1 before it has to contend with whatever Kevin Feige and company has in mind for that date.

source: http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/sources-warner-bros-claim-batman-vs-superman-will-back-marvels-2016-movie/

Brazilian website website Judão reveal that their sources at Warner Bros. Brazil have told them that the movie will open in the South American country on April 28th, 2016 (new films are released there on a Thursday), and while this branch of Warner Bros. tells them that they’re still waiting for 100% confirmation, word is that the US release date of Batman Vs. Superman has also been moved up to April 29th instead of May 6th.
That’s a week before, and an easy way to save face for the studio. After all, fans feeling grateful to have the highly anticipated Zack Snyder helmed movie seven days earlier will hopefully pay more attention to that than the fact that they’re seemingly backing down from Marvel. This also gives Batman Vs. Superman a clear week at #1 before it has to contend with whatever Kevin Feige and company has in mind for that date.

source: http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/sources-warner-bros-claim-batman-vs-superman-will-back-marvels-2016-movie/

Note that it says the that April 29th is the release date in Brazil. Also that the source is not 100% sure of the release date. Not too reliable to me.

Yeah it was a rumor. But is sounding strong. We'll see.

lol @ if anyone actually cares about this.

lol @ if anyone actually cares about this.
The only thing I care is if they move the release date, cause if you notice and some box office experts said: those movies won't collide in the same weekend.

I really don't like this d**k-measuring move the studios pull. They do it every year with a pair of competing films. 2012 had Relativity and Universal pitting rival Snow White films against one another. Last year had FilmDistrict and Sony had rival White House invasion pics Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down. This year has two Hercules movies coming out. Not saying the MCU pic and BvS share the same story, but gunning for the same audience. They're both going to end up with egg on their face.

Marvel is taking more risks with release dates -- moving Thor 2 to late October (int'l)/November (U.S.) and Captain America 2 to late March (int'l)/April (U.S.) -- and they're paying off. I'm surprised WB isn't taking a leaf out of their book for this.

I truth, Marvel has film releases in both May and July of 2016 (same thing for 2015). The WB normally releases it's tent poles in July, but that would have still meant that they would have to go up against an unannounced Marvel film. Now that it seems that Cap-3 will be the May release, the WB will only need to know what film Marvel will have in July or if they are going to move that film to August to decide if they want to take that spot or stay in the May spot.

I truth, Marvel has film releases in both May and July of 2016 (same thing for 2015). The WB normally releases it's tent poles in July, but that would have still meant that they would have to go up against an unannounced Marvel film. Now that it seems that Cap-3 will be the May release, the WB will only need to know what film Marvel will have in July or if they are going to move that film to August to decide if they want to take that spot or stay in the May spot.

I think WB will wait for the box-office results for CA:TWS and Avengers 2 to come in before they consider moving BvS. If TWS makes serious bank in April, I can see WB moving this film up a month, cede the May 6 spot for CA3, and both studios win. (WB gets bragging rights to first blockbuster of 2016, while Marvel keeps their precious May spot.) After all, Marvel did that with Sony this year.

And considering the aggressive moves both studios have been doing in the past few months -- Marvel moving Ant-Man to the old BvS July 2015 spot, WB moving BvS to May 2016, and WB scheduling Tarzan opening a week prior to Marvel's untitled July 2016 film -- their rivalry is fierce. It's unquestionable at this juncture.

I think WB will wait for the box-office results for CA:TWS and Avengers 2 to come in before they consider moving BvS. If TWS makes serious bank in April, I can see WB moving this film up a month, cede the May 6 spot for CA3, and both studios win. (WB gets bragging rights to first blockbuster of 2016, while Marvel keeps their precious May spot.) After all, Marvel did that with Sony this year.

And considering the aggressive moves both studios have been doing in the past few months -- Marvel moving Ant-Man to the old BvS July 2015 spot, WB moving BvS to May 2016, and WB scheduling Tarzan opening a week prior to Marvel's untitled July 2016 film -- their rivalry is fierce. It's unquestionable at this juncture.

I think they are going to wait until after ComicCon before they make a final decision. By then they will know that the other film Marvel releases in July will be and then they will move from there. My bet is that Marvel will move their July 2016 film to August and then B/S will take that spot. Marvel has a niche for May release dates since their distribution stream starts overseas first, creating a buzz for the domestic market here in the US. They have so much momentum that they can lay claim to a box office success after the first weekend. The WB doesn't do that with their films and rely on the gross on a world wide release the first weekend.

i think Marvel has built a huge and solid audience base worldwide. as long as the story isn't too bad, their movie will do great internationally. if the story of CA2 is good, i believe it will do exceptionally great in box office; therefore CA3 will be a huge challenge to BvS. (considering MOS didn't have good legs)

having both over the course of a week would be fine with me :D

Looks like that rumor about Brazil getting BvS a week early is holding true for the UK as well... BvS is reportedly going to hit theaters there on April 29, 2016.

http://launchingfilms.com/release-schedule?sort=date&startmonth=04&startyear=2016

Judging by WB's past release history, sometimes the European and South American releases are a week after the U.S. (as opposed to before). Might be an indication of WB moving BvS up to April 22.

I could see WB moving this film a couple of weeks earlier than the scheduled release of May 6 as to not go head to head with Cap 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"