BvS Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Sure Pan will target more males and the younger demo but like I said....who are the ladies going to want to see when it comes to a date type movie?

Jackman and Hedlund battling and swashbuckling as pirates or seeing a bland comedian like Rudd and an old timer like Douglas in an uninteresting and unappealing Marvel phase 3 or 4 character named AntMan?

Hedlund is a teen girls/tween girls heart throb and Jackman attracts the mature ones.

Ahem, i suspect Douglas still has a solid fanbase among the ladies...

At this point I can't say which will be the bigger film since I have yet to see a trailer.

For the big films of 2016 when it comes to the box office i think that it will either be Batman vs Superman or Avatar 2

Not stupid move at all. I though it was a great move. If they were going to push it back....than that coveted 1st weekend of May slot was the pick of the litter.

Box Office records can potentially be broken at that spot. They will have 3D IMAX screens for almost a good 2 months also.

I'm all for studios trying different release strategies... but I'm bewildered why WB would just up and abandon a weekend (mid-July) that's benefited them for over half a decade. First weekend of May is unprecedented for a WB blockbuster, but maybe they're confident how it'll perform.

I do think the Batman brand is strong enough that people will turn out in droves to see BvS in an off-period month like March or April. Fast & Furious franchise easily flipped from summer to spring and back again with little audience attrition. Hunger Games broke out in March 2012 before it transitioned to the pre-Thanksgiving spot for the follow-ups. Even Marvel is trying April out for the Captain America sequel.

For the big films of 2016 when it comes to the box office i think that it will either be Batman vs Superman or Avatar 2

i think it's been too long since the original and in my opinion i don't think the film has aged well.. the hype for B Vs S should be insane

The first teaser and trailer for this is going to end the internet, possibly the world.

people should learn not to count Cameron out...twice people said his films would flop...twice they set the record for Box Office and became the highest grossing movies ever.

Avatar 2 may likely get the Winter release date anyway.

i think it's been too long since the original and in my opinion i don't think the film has aged well.. the hype for B Vs S should be insane

It's Cameron, the guy knows a thing of two about making money, and Avatar 2 is probably going to get a lot of hype once its trailer hits the web, the new technology will draw even more people in.

Yep Cameron raised the bar on cinema, life even. :atp::bow::applaud

not really

when people develop a form of depression because they can't go to Pandora (mind you a world that is trying to kill people at every turn)...the sequel will do gangbusters.

But you seem to be making fun of something nobody here even said :o

It was a South Park reference.

when people develop a form of depression because they can't go to Pandora (mind you a world that is trying to kill people at every turn)...the sequel will do gangbusters.

Cameron is also 2 for 2 when it comes to sequels in terms of critical and box office success. Aliens and Terminator 2 both hugely improved or embellished upon their predecessors in a way that very few sequels achieve. Avatar 2, based on that theory, is poised to deliver like a 4 billion dollar box office, haha.

I wasn't a big fan of Avatar, neither did i expect to be, from the moment the film was coming out, what i was interested in was Avatar 2

I wonder how you can build on something like Avatar...it had great visuals but boring and generic story. Avatar seemed like it was its own thing, that it didn't need a trilogy or sequel to complete the story.

That's an exageration, Titanic never got an oficial sequel, only an Asylum pretender film. Avatar was going to have a sequel before it was even released, Cameron already had them planed. How it will be possible? I have no idea, Terminator and Alien were very closed stories, yet Cameron gave them amazing sequels.

That's an exageration, Titanic never got an oficial sequel, only an Asylum pretender film. Avatar was going to have a sequel before it was even released, Cameron already had them planed. How it will be possible? I have no idea, Terminator and Alien were very closed stories, yet Cameron gave them amazing sequels.

if there is a 2 in the title and Cameron at the helm you know you are in for some epic-ness

people should learn not to count Cameron out...twice people said his films would flop...twice they set the record for Box Office and became the highest grossing movies ever.

Indeed. I think it says a lot when someone makes the highest grossing movie of all time, which is then topped by another movie made by the same person. One thing is guaranteed, & that's Cameron will always make money at the box office.

But, regardless, the hype & turn out for Superman/Batman will still be astronomically insane.

Not to mention that both films he put at the top of the box-office weren't adaptations or sequels, well, Titanic was based on a real life event, but the film was still original and all his, and while Avatar told a story we have seen a countless of times, the film was still his original creation. All the films that have come close to these numbers have been part of franchises: Avengers, Harry Potter and Transformers

I'm all for studios trying different release strategies... but I'm bewildered why WB would just up and abandon a weekend (mid-July) that's benefited them for over half a decade. First weekend of May is unprecedented for a WB blockbuster, but maybe they're confident how it'll perform.

I do think the Batman brand is strong enough that people will turn out in droves to see BvS in an off-period month like March or April. Fast & Furious franchise easily flipped from summer to spring and back again with little audience attrition. Hunger Games broke out in March 2012 before it transitioned to the pre-Thanksgiving spot for the follow-ups. Even Marvel is trying April out for the Captain America sequel.

As some guy at Forbes wrote. There is no way WB's was going to push BvsS/WF/JL origin film to a November, March, April slot.

I'm sure they would have pushed it to December Holiday weekend 2015, but SW was pushed back to that slot already. The next one up is the first weekend of May slot. Why move it back further to the July slot, when the film will be more than ready to go by May.

Yes, the buzz and hype will be insane by the time May 6th 2016 comes around. That is an extra year of build up, marketing, sponsorships and hype generated for this World's Finest BvsS film.

But, regardless, the hype & turn out for Superman/Batman will still be astronomically insane.

That it will. The extra year of marketing hype, buzz and anticipation generated within that extra time span should equal a huge opening weekend at the box office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"