BvS Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Didn't they just announce this 2 days ago, though? Don't rush for answers. Some dude was talking about a WB press release earlier on this thread I believe. Take advice from that guy and wait a bit.

Thoughts:

-Two years was not 'rushing it'. Spider-Man1/2, Thor 1/2, Iron Man1/2, TASM1/2 all had two years between movies. Snyder also makes a movie every two years. So clearly something changed along the way.

-Perhaps they want to film BvsS/Justice League together (for 2016/7), which I'm fine with.

-Perhaps they're changing 'this' film into Justice League, in which they'd need more production time (new script, casting, etc), which I'm totally fine with (although the lack of foresight from WB is frustrating).

-Perhaps Terrio thought the script was crap, in which a rewrite is a good thing.
(I wish Marvel did this with...pretty much all their movies... save Iron Man 1)

-In 2015, when we have a major blockbuster every week, and when we're working three jobs to pay for all the tickets, I doubt we're going to care. 

-Plus, this means more time for Gal Gadot to possibly get 'yoked', if you care about that kind of thing.

You sort of just made my point with the 2 years thing though, IM2 and Thor 2 both turned out very disappointing and one of the complaint about both was that they felt rushed. Spiderman 2 was an exception rather than the rule in that its so far the only sequel done 2 after the original which bettered its original.

Yay if it makes the damn movie better and has them two their time I'm all for it. First use crazies wanted it this year, then they wanted to go up against the smash up in 2015. Only negative about this news is if this turns into Justice League at which point I won't be watching it.

Look, we're all going to see the movie regardless if it's suppose to be MoS2, BvS, Trinity or JL. Perfectly fine to have apathy towards the project but let's not lie to ourselves, we're all going to watch it.

What was that supposed "plan" DC dropped early last year with Flash and WW films, and then they basically secretly scrapped it behind closed doors with the Flash tv spinoff and the WW piggy back in BvsS?

It seems like they even ignore their own plans...

The Positives/Pros of the release date push back:

- Provides more time for Terrio to make Goyers story/script better with input from Affleck most likely obviously

- Provides actors more time to get in top shape for their respective roles (especially Affleck and Gadot)

- Can potentially open up the schedules for actors to be added to the cast like Joaquin Phoenix (Lex Luthor) and The Rock (GL, Cyborg, Lobo, Darkseid etc) for instance.

- Provides more time for Snyder and crew to set up the pre production process to the specifications they want

- The push back will also allow more time for the all important editing and post production process

- In turn, the extended post time will allow the SVX/CGI houses more time to get their jobs done as efficiently and make everything look as dynamic as possible

- The push back also allows more time for WB's to possibly develop the actual JL film to shoot right after the BvsS shoot

- The push back will be coming at a time where WB's/DC are just beginning to develop their DCCU, while the MCU will have already hit it's peak more than likely

The Negatives/Cons of the release date push back:

- Fanboys/Fangirls will have to wait a little longer to see the film on the big screen

- Some fans will end up hearing other fans over the top whining and crying about the same old things for almost a year

- No DC based films in 2015 unless the JGL/Gaiman/Goyer Sandman film moves forward in development much faster than we realize

Soooooooo....it seems like the Pros of the release date push back far outweigh the Cons folks. Without a doubt.

:word:

Last edited:
The Negatives/Cons of the release date push back:

- Fanboys/Fangirls will have to wait a little longer to see the film on the big screen
- Some fans will end up hearing other fans whine and cry about the same old things for another extra year almost
- No DC based films in 2015 unless the JGL/Gaiman/Goyer Sandman film moves forward in development much faster than we realize

Soooooooo....it seems like the Pros of the release date push back far outweigh the Cons folks.

:word:
You also forgot the Marvelites projecting trollfaces to the DC fans.

Some people might not be that into JL.

Just like some people (mostly the general movie going public) won't care about seeing some random crossover filler Marvel movies called Guardians of the Galaxy and AntMan.

No matter how hard Marvel tries to crossover those films into the Avengers universe and sell it to the general movie public.

Though hard to swallow, it's for the best regardless what the problem was that they are wiling postpone. WB/DC/zack/goyer know what their doing and obviously want to make this as good as possible.

Would you rather a shambles that doesn't satisfy you?

You also forgot the Marvelites projecting trollfaces to the DC fans.

aVhrB58.gif

Though hard to swallow, it's for the best regardless what the problem was that they are wiling postpone. WB/DC/zack/goyer know what their doing and obviously want to make this as good as possible.

Would you rather a shambles that doesn't satisfy you?

But i was never expecting something very good, just awesome action scenes, 3 years seems a little too much for that :o Unless this film is being shot back-to-back with Justice League :word:

But i was never expecting something very good, just awesome action scenes, 3 years seems a little too much for that :o Unless this film is being shot back-to-back with Justice League :word:

Lord, why have you forsaken us??? :o

Oh yeah....very true....but you said that. I didn't! :cwink:

Yep, this is what I was talking about. This happening is worth at least 100 negative points, maybe even more that Marvel has very little competition.

As much as I love Marvel and would classify myself as a legitimate fan(I have a picture taken of myself wearing Hulk Hands with Tom Hiddleston, no really, it's true haha), I really hate pretentious fandoms. An example would be the Nolanites who are STILL in denial that The Dark Knight Rises was beaten by The Avengers in both Box Office and reception and all believed back in 2012 that Avengers would be squashed by The Dark Knight's sequel just because of the name weight of Nolan. Over the next 2 years, I'm worried that the Marvelites will be the new Nolanites and forget that there's always a bigger game changer and fads come and go.:csad:

listen I never talk on hear much anymore but this is the site that gave me access to Dark Knight & other comic book news

I need everyone's help.

I think the delay which sucks and I'm sad about it is a GOOD thing.
Gives more time to polish the script.
more time for the actors to train.
75th Anniversary of Wonder Woman.
2015 was way too crowded.

now with that said, It's funny because all the "haters" seem to like that it got delayed and said that it will get the script better
but I have alot of fans on my facebook who are pissed and saying they don't care anymore and whining.

so anyways I need everyone's help to try to convince these so called "fans" it's a good thing.

I got one guy saying "I'm sick and tired of Marvel getting 4 movies out before DC"
which is true but I have a feeling the audience is getting sick of Marvel style movies.

anyways any thoughts on how I can tell these whinners that 2016 is better for business?

If Ben Affleck leaves, who can replace him as Batman?

Ryan Gosling was my pick, majority wanted Josh Brolin, the Perfect Choice was Ben Affleck.

So either Ryan Gosling or Josh Brolin as the replacement then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"