Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Thread Manager, Jan 18, 2014.

1. bestever23

bestever23 Well-Known Member

no. Ben Affleck lol He's the perfect choice

2. DA_Champion

DA_Champion Well-Known Member

The Justice League is inherently inferior as a story concept to any of its individual members, as it replaces hero-human interactions with hero-hero interactions.

For an example of BORING, watch the early 2000s Justice League cartoon. It's awful.

3. Llama_Shepherd

Llama_Shepherd Well-Known Member

You've brought this up several times before and most people disagree with you. It's like the people who hate The Dark Knight, you're not wrong, but you're a tiny majority.

4. bestever23

I hate to say it but I do agree I was bored with Justice League show. only because I'm a Batman fan and it's weird seeing batman fighting green aliens or time traveling or singing lol it's more cartoony than batman TAS

5. FeedOnATreeFrog

FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Sure. But I still can't imagine anyone here not watching the film out of complete disinterest.

6. titansupes

titansupes Well-Known Member

I love when people pull the ol' "That's it. I'm done with this movie" or the "If such and such happens/doesn't happen/doesn't look like etc. I will not watch the movie. Maybe one day on TV".

Suuuure. :woot:

7. erehwon0

erehwon0 Well-Known Member

That doesn't make sense. All interactions are still human - human interactions. Being a hero doesn't make then not human. Heck even Martian Manhunt acts human.

They just need more levity which MOS was seriously lacking.

8. Lord

Lord All Mighty

That kind of happened with The Amazing Spider-Man, but most of the people who stopped caring and lost interest in the new one beign a reboot were usually not fanboys and didn't watch the film due to trully losing interest.

9. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

Did you read through the thread? Seems like you have been a member here for a while.

Just on the last page you had a dude break down the positives and negatives of them pushing the film back. Copy and paste that and pass it off as your own if you have to.

Plenty of people here have made rational points as to why the push back isn't the end of the world.

10. bestever23

well they are upset about Marvel getting more films. It's silly that they think it's a fight but DC isn't even fighting lol It's like some rich boy (Marvel/Disney) wanting to fight a bouncer (DC/WB) at a bar but the bouncer just walks away lol

11. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

First things first. Marvel Studios has properties they OWN, and others they sold to various studios before being bought out by Disney.

So the film rights to Spider-Man, X-men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, and Elektra are NOT owned by Disney/Marvel.

If we were to cut the Fox/Sony films OUT we'd have about two films a year.

Keep in mind WB has to focus on OTHER properties, while Marvel Studios is ORIENTED over superhero movies.

This isn't to say that live action DC wasn't mishandled or WB WASN'T gun shy, just that WB has to focus on all kinds of movies.

Also, Marvel's created this light "soft" formula, whereas I think WB/DC are still trying to think of where the should go (dark seems to be the default, though).

That being said Superman/Batman BETTER be epic :jedi

12. Llama_Shepherd

I'm pretty sure that person understood that, because BVS is two years away and at two films a year Marvel will release Captain America 2, Guardians, Avengers 2 and Ant-Man before BVS.

13. bestever23

I know Marvel is owned by many properties lol I wish others knew that

14. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

It's amazing on how the announcement of this film's release date being pushed back has brought out the worst in discussion topics.

Seriously, I don't even remember it being that bad when MOS was announced to be released a year later than intended.

15. Charlatan

Charlatan Well-Known Member

So what if "WB" has to focus on other properties? All "WB" has to do is greenlight and bankroll. The actual movie making is left up to the team. What they need to do is hire someone to lead the DC films division and give him ultimate authority. WB isn't thinking ahead. They aren't planning out 6 to 10 yrs for these properties. They have no vision and no commitment to these properties.

16. Tra-El

Tra-El Well-Known Member

When it comes down to it, I think we were ALL on the edge of our seat salivating for some ground-breaking news regarding the movie and felt we were days away from something awesome. Instead, we get the delay and I think fans just exploded all over themselves more of the wait than anything and that's when the negative-nancies need to spin everything in the negative light about it. It'll pass. In the end, I believe there will be a HUGE payoff!

17. Frodo

Frodo Well-Known Member

Well you basically have both sides of the issue, as usual ,being either overly optimistic or paralysis level end of the world about the news. Neither side wants to here what the other has to say because it goes against their own beliefs about the project. Going to extremes is kinda the fanboy way, and i've actually seen worse compared to other issues.

I think Campa of AMC movie talk kinda gave the position on this that most resembles my feelings about it: The news aint good, and it kinda highlights WB's troubles with the project, but I'll still look forward to seeing it, assuming it ends happening afterall.

18. Gu3ree

Gu3ree Well-Known Member

I completely disagree.

19. Llama_Shepherd

Yeah, because spending however much money it would take to create a new subdivision within WB, after recently re-absorbing New Line Cinema (because they are going more centralised as a studio) and then paying out $600 million a year to keep up with Marvel Studios.

Not to mention, Dune Entertainment is co-financing these flicks to, so they too would have theoretical creative say (whether they choose to wield it is to their discretion).

As well as financing original properties and adaptations.

Yep, easy job. God, they're such morons.

20. Gu3ree

Gu3ree Well-Known Member

Not that I'm dissing Ben Affleck, but my answer to that...AN UNKNOWN!!!!

21. BatFan1979

BatFan1979 The Fan Batman Needs...

Question: I saw some posters talkng about who would replace Affleck; is it even a real possibility that Ben would pull out? I mean shooting was just pushed a few weeks, right? After that point, actors go on their merry way to do other projects. The release date was pushed about a year, but that doesnt matter to the actors. Why would Ben even think to drop this covited role? I dont see that happening.

22. Llama_Shepherd

Ben's a hot commodity, and by far the best director involved in this project. However, I don't think he has the conviction or ability to drop out.

23. Doctor Jones

Doctor Jones It's All One Story

Where is all of the speculation of Affleck dropping out coming from?

24. Llama_Shepherd

There isn't any. It was brought up as a hypothetical and people took it a touch too seriously.

25. StarLord

StarLord Boogeyman

Typical internet bull****, spreads like wildfire.