BvS Batman/Superman Pushed Back to 2016 - Part 1

Again, how do we know Affleck is involved with the script? Who's to say he's not in this just because, oh I don't know...maybe he just wants to act?

What a radical idea. :o

Because no one truly knows a thing about this movie and they make big leaps in logic to come to conclusions

Because no one truly knows a thing about this movie and they make big leaps in logic to come to conclusions

Or people are desperate for something that tells us the script won't be flawed like MOS's was.

well they are upset about Marvel getting more films. It's silly that they think it's a fight but DC isn't even fighting lol It's like some rich boy (Marvel/Disney) wanting to fight a bouncer (DC/WB) at a bar but the bouncer just walks away lol

Not really, the bouncer is the one trying to fight the rich kid in this case, and he's failing. Marvel isn't the one trying to pick a fight, it's DC, they tried GL to be their Iron Man and failed, now they went to The Man of Steel for that but lack a concrete plan. Marvel keeps delivering what they promise us, while DC only gives promises and excuses for why they don't end up working.

I'm saying this as a DC fan first and foremost, even though Marvel Studios hasn't delivered a trully amazing film, they haven't delivered a trully bad one either, their track record is quite strong in fact.

Not really, the bouncer is the one trying to fight the rich kid in this case, and he's failing. Marvel isn't the one trying to pick a fight, it's DC, they tried GL to be their Iron Man and failed, now they went to The Man of Steel for that but lack a concrete plan. Marvel keeps delivering what they promise us, while DC only gives promises and excuses for why they don't end up working.

I'm saying this as a DC fan first and foremost, even though Marvel Studios hasn't delivered a trully amazing film, they haven't delivered a trully bad one either, their track record is quite strong in fact.

The whole Green Lantern spearheading the DCCU is based on what? All I've seen is hyperbolic conjecture rather than proof that backs up that claim. If you're basing this on the inclusion of Amanda Waller, then that makes no sense, because she's not an integral character to the DCCU or even in the comics (until the Justice League is organized).

As for DC, where are the promises coming from?

Again, how do we know Affleck is involved with the script? Who's to say he's not in this just because, oh I don't know...maybe he just wants to act?

Chris Terrio is now re writing the script. I mean it's pretty obvious he's had a considerable amount of influence on the story one way or another.

Chris Terrio is now re writing the script. I mean it's pretty obvious he's had a considerable amount of influence on the story one way or another.

It may be obvious but that doesn't mean that Affleck is responsible for the changes. Especially since we don't really know who brought Terrio in (whether WB decided to, or Affleck recommended him is unclear).

Last edited:
Maybe BOTH?

The Terrio Argo script was around in the WB archives for ages. On the other hand, maybe Affleck had a disagreement with how the script was going and said "let's bring Chris on board."

If that's the case, Affleck's already the best part of this movie ;)

Chris Terrio is now re writing the script.

I'll believe it when WB confirms it. According to their press release he's not on the books. They wouldn't hide an Academy Award winner being attached to their project. Especially this project.

And the Nolan shakeycam. AND the one-camera policy. :word:

I'd want more traditional Snyder back for SOME of MOS2.

the cinematographer will be the same guy that worked on 300 and watchmen

I don't know, maybe the fact that they hired his writer to do a draft... :o

What the delay confirms for me is that WB has no idea what it's doing with this film. It's obvious that their entire game plan the whole time has simply been to chase those Avengers dollars with their own mega team-up movie ASAP, and now they're realizing that the entire thing is shaping up to be a giant cluster**** and they need more time.

We're getting a real sense of how modern Hollywood works these days in the post-Avengers era, as every major studio attempts to imitate the Marvel model. But equally interesting is how much of these plans seem to indicate little-to-no awareness of why the Marvel model worked (building up a universe of heroes in their own individual franchises before crossing them over for the teamup mega-franchise). Each studio is trying to follow the model with mixed results.

Let's go through the list:

• Warner Bros. - Birthing pains attempting to kick off DC Cinematic Universe with psuedo-sequel to MOS that is really Justice League in disguise. Because WB is not exclusively dedicated to superhero films, they are used to having just one big superhero flick as their tentpole for a given year. Their entire business model is geared to that rather making multiple superhero films in a given year. As a result, they're now trying to throw everything into one movie and in a sense diluting the whole appeal of a mega-crossover like Avengers.
  • Fox -- Trying to link original X-Men movies with First Class era. The most promising of the bunch at this point, judged purely on available evidence for the expanded universe (casting, trailers, etc.).
  • Sony -- Attempting to build a "shared universe" around one character, Spider-Man, by making spin-off movies for his villains, which IMO is like a "shared universe lite". While I'm not saying it can't be done, building a movie around a superhero's villains without the superhero doesn't seem like a recipe for success. Sony's approach would be like the WB following up a Batman movie with Joker and Two-Face movies and calling it a "shared universe".

Well I think a Justice League movie could be awesome, especially one that WB doesnt feel obligated to rush out in 2015 to 'chase Avengers dollars ASAP'.

Last edited:
What the delay confirms for me is that WB has no idea what it's doing with this film. It's obvious that their entire game plan the whole time has simply been to chase those Avengers dollars with their own mega team-up movie ASAP, and now they're realizing that the entire thing is shaping up to be a giant cluster**** and they need more time.

We're getting a real sense of how modern Hollywood works these days in the post-Avengers era, as every major studio attempts to imitate the Marvel model. But equally interesting is how much of these plans seem to indicate little-to-no awareness of why the Marvel model worked (building up a universe of heroes in their own individual franchises before crossing them over for the teamup mega-franchise). Each studio is trying to follow the model with mixed results.

• Warner Bros. - Birthing pains attempting to kick off DC Cinematic Universe with psuedo-sequel to MOS that is really Justice League in disguise. Because WB is not exclusively dedicated to superhero films, they are used to having just one big superhero flick as their tentpole for a given year. Their entire business model is geared to that rather making multiple superhero films in a given year. As a result, they're now trying to throw everything into one movie and in a sense diluting the whole appeal of a mega-crossover like Avengers.
  • Fox -- Trying to link original X-Men movies with First Class era. The most promising of the bunch at this point, judged purely on available evidence for the expanded universe (casting, trailers, etc.).
  • Sony -- Attempting to build a "shared universe" around one character, Spider-Man, by making spin-off movies for his villains, which IMO is like a "shared universe lite". While I'm not saying it can't be done, building a movie around a superhero's villains without the superhero doesn't seem like a recipe for success. Sony's approach would be like the WB following up a Batman movie with Joker and Two-Face movies and calling it a "shared universe".

We really need to create a 'WB doesn't know what it's doing' drinking game.

Everyone would be dead or dying from alcohol poisoning in a matter of hours. :oldrazz:

You could put the new Star Wars Episodes plus spin-offs in this grouping, too.

WB knows what it's doing. Entertaining the world... but very rarely fanboys.

rlizvn.jpg

Just came in to say that the delay is a bummer..sigh

due to the lack of news.
tumblr_mzkdtqYF1P1r35hhao1_400.gif
tumblr_mzkdtqYF1P1r35hhao2_400.gif

they're really good. found them on tumblr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"