Batman:The Animated Series Tribute Thread

the most underused villian on BTAS (IMO of course)

scarecrow.jpg

newwaveboy87 said:

scarecrow.jpg
He got more episodes than a bunch of other Batman villains.

true...but really...what else could they have done with Bane on a Saturday morning cartoon show? and i was never a big fan of Riddler.

Scarecrow only got 3 episodes in BTAS...:(
not counting cameos which...he usually just stood in the background and did nothing. they overused Penguin, and if it's not BR Penguin i'm not too big a fan.

Me too, as for Scarecrow, he was great in TAS, much better done then in Begins. I'm a fan of Riddler and I like the intelligent TAS Riddler. Bane only had 1 TAS episode and it was ok.

TAS Riddler was my favorite version of the character! but his three appearances were enough for me. although he got shafted big time in BTNA

gregtestagent said:
You know what I wish? I wish that they did a live-action adaptation of BTAS. Have it look, sound, and feel almost the same. Get people who look like the characters, and have the original voice cast voice-over their dialogue. To what purpose you ask? other than it would be a box-office hit, I don't know....maybe the greatest fan film the world has ever known.

I definitely agree to some extent. It would be great to have a Live Action Batman show after Nolan is finished with his Trilogy. But they just need to cast good actors, not necessarily dub their voices. I think it should be a 1 hour show on WB. I'm sure it would be better then Smallville and the new Blade show, which looks bad. The atmosphere should be dark like in TAS. I think it should have the feel of TAS and Dead End(minus the stupid aliens and whatever). Clark Bartram who was Batman in Dead End did a great job, had the physique, and he nailed a perfect Kevin Conroy voice. Get someone like him to be Batman. Oh and ofcourse have Batman wear tights.

Thats one thing I always thought was dumb, Batman wears a heavy rubber suit in the movies when he should wear a cloth suit with kevlar under it. I mean seriously, if someone was going out to fight crime they wouldn't limit themselves with 40 pounds of useless rubber. And kevlar is the thin bullet proof padding he should wear under it.

i think, if they were going to have a live action Batman show again it should be on HBO. then it could be free of basic TV restrictions on violence, swearing, nudity, and subject matter. imagine the possibilities.

And we could get episodes like The Long Halloween. Good thinking.

Thank goodness I have HBO if this was a reality:up:

There should had been a halloween episode with Scarecrow

Now that Bruce Tim and his team are supposedly done with Justice League Unlimited (shame) maybe they might try something crazy like that. My advice to them is "Don't Go With FOX!" if it's a T.V. show, or a movie for that matter.

While its good to see a thread with all the DC Animated stuff, aint this like 3rd or 4th thread morogoth made on this?

Now all I need to do is find that site of that kid who made Dini/Timm style drawings of DC stories and non-DC characters (Marvel, Matrix etc)

lemme look round...

newwaveboy87 said:

scarecrow.jpg

I am not commenting on what you said. Just comenting on the fact that the Scarecrow suit in the old TAS after that one was the best in any of the animated series. In the newer TAS I did not like the re-vamp of him looking way too creepy and having that noose around his neck...looking like some sadistic preacher.

trustyside-kick said:
I am not commenting on what you said. Just comenting on the fact that the Scarecrow suit in the old TAS after that one was the best in any of the animated series. In the newer TAS I did not like the re-vamp of him looking way too creepy and having that noose around his neck...looking like some sadistic preacher.
that was my favorite look for him! the Leatherface-esque mask, the noose, the creepy outfit and voice, the fact that his skin looked diseased...LOVED IT!

Mr. Socko said:
And we could get episodes like The Long Halloween. Good thinking.

Thank goodness I have HBO if this was a reality:up:
yeah, they could do an entire season for The Long Halloween, and another one for Dark Victory, and possibly kick it all off with a revamped Year One? and end it all with a Dark Knight Returns...AMAZING!

ok...i've officially entered LA LA/Wishful Thinking Land.

newwaveboy87 said:
that was my favorite look for him! the Leatherface-esque mask, the noose, the creepy outfit and voice, the fact that his skin looked diseased...LOVED IT!
That noose put's Scarecrow at a disadvantage when concerning close-quarters-combat. It better be a break-away rope or he might just snap his neck during a scuffle.

*shrugs*
a lot of the designs aren't terribly practical. Robin wears red, green, and yellow while running around in the shadows. Poison Ivy wears what amounts to a swim suit, how is that supposed to offer protection?

just go with the insanity!

newwaveboy87 said:
*shrugs*
a lot of the designs aren't terribly practical. Robin wears red, green, and yellow while running around in the shadows. Poison Ivy wears what amounts to a swim suit, how is that supposed to offer protection?

just go with the insanity!
You are so right :up: that's why we love it!

newwaveboy87 said:

Only part that I liked about that scarecrow was the creepy voice.

yes, his new voice worked much better than the overemoting the first guy did. he was trying to hard to be...creepy, but he just sounded like Fraiser in the middle of a mental breakdown.

Another villain that I did not like the re-vamp was the Mad Hatter. Maybe not the clothes...but I did not like the face that was all pale and made him look like some child molestor. Also a small thing was the gray/white hair. :p

i liked both of Mad Hatter's looks.
wasn't MH a pedophile in the comics? the look works well i think.

the redesigns i didn't like were The Riddler and Joker. they got rid of Riddler's cool looking business suit and put in him in a leotard? wtf? and Joker lost his red lips and gained beady rat eyes...why?

newwaveboy87 said:
i liked both of Mad Hatter's looks.
wasn't MH a pedophile in the comics? the look works well i think.

I thought Mad Hatter took control of girls or rather kidnapped them..but for ransom purposes and stuff like that..not being a pedophile..I don't know exactly either.

newwaveboy87 said:

scarecrow.jpg

Most of the episodes he was in were exceptional. In fact, Over The Edge which featured him prominently, was the single best episode of all the series in my opinion. But I think the most under-used was definitely The Riddler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"