Batman:The Animated Series Tribute Thread

He was a talented man.Now he's like a monster from fairy tales.

trustyside-kick said:
It looks like they were going for The Riddler's look in Batman Forever...just put a hat instead and no mask.

Put a mask on NBA Riddler and give him orange hair, and viola, you got BF Riddler.

I didnt like the way they switched up Catwoman's look after Season 3 seemed kinda basic

Super_Ludacris said:
I didnt like the way they switched up Catwoman's look after Season 3 seemed kinda basic

Only thing I liked was their look for her as Selina Kyle. She looked more like she does in the comics. The only thing that bothered me when she was in the suit in Volume 4 was her white skin in the suit and the ears were a bit too pointy.

got the volume one set this morning very cool, need to get some more money so i can order volume 2, the other 2 aren't out here yet so might import those

I have Volume 4 at the moment. I plan on buying the rest of them but I bought 2 Graphic Novels this month and if I spend too much monthly my mom will freak and ask questions. :/

^Same here

Al Ghul was about the only one who didn't look like he changed from TAS to NBA

Al Ghul wasn't in TNA.
he showed up in the Superman cartoon, along with Batman in a supporting role, but he was never in any BTNA episodes.

newwaveboy87 said:
Al Ghul wasn't in TNA.
he showed up in the Superman cartoon, along with Batman in a supporting role, but he was never in any BTNA episodes.

Hmm...I have a very vague memory of that Superman episode...did it involve him trying to see if Superman was a worthy suitor for his daughter too or something? Other than that I do not recall seeing Ra's at all after Batman Volume 3.

something about the Lazarus Pit was running low....and they used Talia disguised as Lois Lane to capture Superman. Ra's wanted his power, and Talia had stolen some artifact from a museum exhibit in Metropolis to do it.

newwaveboy87 said:
something about the Lazarus Pit was running low....and they used Talia disguised as Lois Lane to capture Superman. Ra's wanted his power, and Talia had stolen some artifact from a museum exhibit in Metropolis to do it.

Ah yes..I remember it now...I was like 11 and I was disgusted with the fact that Ra's basically was in control of Talia or something right?

Mr. Socko said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRrTPH1FCOk&search=the%20batman

Vol4, Judgement Day

btw, the Peguin was changed alot in Vol4, he looked more like the comic book and Adam West Penguin then the very fat Burton Penguin with 3 hands, even tho I liked him too

I loved how in the very end of that episode they had Two-Face in the room all strapped up and in his mind you hear:

The Judge: "How does the defendant plea?"
Harvey: "Guilty...guilty...guilty..."

That was really cool. The fact that he developed a 3rd personality that even he was not aware of was really cool. Makes sense too and oddly enough in One Year Later since Harvey is not Two-Face anymore it seems he is somewhat of a vigilante now (maybe they sort of looked at that episode for the idea?).

there was a Batman Beyond where it turned out that Talia's body had been taken over by Ra's

Gah, been so long since I have seen those episodes that I am mixing them up. :(

Lol, same here

Was The Judge a character made just for TAS or was he in the comics too?

When I saw Over the Edge, it fooled me. When they said on TV that Bruce was Batman I was like WTF, I can't believe they told everyone all this :eek:

Just in TAS. Although in One Year Later it seems with Harvery cured he is somewhat of a vigilante.

Bump

Lets get back to it, this thread was going good at first.

Catwalk - good Catwoman episode or slightly boring? thoughts.

Mr. Socko said:
Bump

Lets get back to it, this thread was going good at first.

Ya. The Mad Hatter episode in Volume 4 called Animal Act was okay but if they changed the story it could have been way better.

Batman: The Animated Series IS the best Television show EVER. STILL. It brought us the best depiction of Batman, looking at all incarnations, all of the movies, even Batman Begins. We got our definitive Batman out of BTAS... and, I just get chills when I watch the episodes again.

Very fond memories of coming home from elementary school... and watching the show of FOX-- the best time of my life-- when I was in Elementary school, watching BTAS and awaiting the Batman movies to come out, like Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin. I was young, and loved Batman and I still do.

When TNBA came on, I didn't watch ONE episode... probabally because I thought it would still be on FOX and not switched to WB, and I didn't know what time. No... I don't think I really know why I didn't watch that show... maybe Batman & Robin ruined Batman for me for a while... I don't know. I got the boxset on the day it was released(have all 4 plus beyond s. 1, not JLA tho...) I watched the episodes... and, they were just okay, no where near as good as BTAS or Beyond for that matter(I love Beyond now, didn't watch it when I was a kid tho:(...) I like Over the Edge and that was about it... all others were just subpar-- too much of the Bat family appeared.

MY FAVORITE BTAS EPISODES!:
Most of the shows are the ones that stood out when I watched as a kid, and loved, and still do for some reason, but are by no means the best episodes.

-On Leather Wings
-The Last Laugh- Loved as a kid:)
-Be A Clown- Loved as a kid:)
-Two-Face Pt. 1 and 2
-I've Got Batman in my Basement- loved as a kid:)
-See No Evil- AWESOME!
-Beware of the Gray Ghost
-Feat of Clay Pt. 1 and 2(MY FAVORIE EPS OF ALL TIME, "I'm not an actor anymore, I'm... I'm not even a man..." dun dun dun da dun dun dun GREAT!
-Perchance to Dream- LOVE IT!
-The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne- So good, up there with my tops!
-Almost Got 'Im- When I was a kid, I never saw the ep... for the longest time.. I did have a book tho, and it came with a tape of the actors acting it out-- I LOVED IT!
-What is Reality- Loved as a kid, it was so cool then!
-Mudslide- FANTASTIC
-His Silicon Soul- Batman meets Terminator- MY FAVORITE EP AS A KID!
-Sideshow- I love the running in the wilderness, everything up until when he meets the circus people is awesome.
-Trial- the sequel to almost got 'im basically, very cool
-Time Out of Joint- VERY COOL!

I like all of the episodes a lot... but those are the ones that stick out to me. I never was a sucker for Heart Of Ice tho, lol... call me crazy.:)

~SeriousDuke

i call you crazy for liking The Last Laugh and I've Got Batman In My Basement

I think the episode Never Fear from the 4th Volume was awesome. Scarecrow making a new gas that instead of causing fear makes you fearless was great. It was really cool when Robin had to take down Batman because he was getting so careless and everything.

trustyside-kick said:
I think the episode Never Fear from the 4th Volume was awesome. Scarecrow making a new gas that instead of causing fear makes you fearless was great. It was really cool when Robin had to take down Batman because he was getting so careless and everything.
:) :up:

I still love the Last Laugh, but not I've got Batman in my Basement. I really liked it when I was a kid.

And, for TNBA, I enjoyed the following eps:
Holliday Knights: Fun ep with lots of little stories
Sins Of the Father: good origin for the new robin, fun seeing two-face
Double Talk: Cool ep with ventriloquist going WAY crazy
Never Fear: neato!
Over The Edge: great ep, best of the series
Animal Act: fun seeing the new look mad hatter
Legends of the Dark Knight: cool, showing a lot of Batmans
Mad Love: The birth of Harley

Let's face it, the last episode of the series, Judgement Day was not good at all... tis a shame. They should have did one last season, knowing it was their last, and wrapped it up.

~SeriousDuke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"