The Dark Knight Rises Batmans #1 rule

I didn't buy their love and that kiss was so ackward looking. Maybe because they both looked so tired but it was one of the most ackward kisses I've seen between heroes. I don't know but something was off. Now when Cap and Carter kissed that was believable and still the best romance done on screen in a superhero film in the past 10 years at least.

She didn't really abandon him. There was more work to be done. Besides their love for each other felt a whole lot more real than Bruce and Selina, which like Blake was just forced. I mean let's get this straight. Selina leaves Bruce for dead. We are shoved 3 scenes in the matter spanning over what a day and now I'm supposed to buy they love each other?

They were already very intrigued over each other early in TDKR during that masquerade dance and Selina obviously had some feelings when she felt bad for Bruce as he was beaten by Bane because he was more than what Selina had initially thought about Wayne. While obviously rushed, I could definitely sense what the writers were going towards with Bruce and Selina and it was obviously better than the ambiguous nature of Bane/Talia where half thought they were like brother/sister while others thought they were actually lovers or that Bane could never get out of the "friend zone".

And Blake was hardly just forced in as well.

I didn't buy their love and that kiss was so ackward looking. Maybe because they both looked so tired but it was one of the most ackward kisses I've seen between heroes. I don't know but something was off. Now when Cap and Carter kissed that was believable and still the best romance done on screen in a superhero film in the past 10 years at least.

"Ackward?"

I didn't think it was awkward at all, but just difference of opinion I guess.

I go to movies for escapism, not to see "real life" but to see life as it could be. And in movies I like to watch, people die poetic deaths. So shoot me.*

*not really, it wouldn't be poetic

Don't worry, no one will shoot you. I go to movies for escapism as well and that's why I also love the poetic nature of the entire TDK trilogy as well, like the dialogue even. While some nitpick over the dialogue and point to films like TAS-M being more "real", "real" isn't what I look for in a movie.

Now when Cap and Carter kissed that was believable and still the best romance done on screen in a superhero film in the past 10 years at least.

Talk about forced and rushed. While the ending to The First Avenger was great with Captain mentioning he forgot something to do, the romance between the two felt like just a cliche love plot just to be there in a CBM.

Yes but you are forgetting the most important thing which no two actors have had since really a long time ago. And wait for it..wait for it..wait for it..CHEMISTRY! Chemistry triumphs all because that is what makes it believable not showing up to save someone when the script tells you. That doesn't make me believe. It's when I see the chemistry those two portrayed is what makes it the best Marvel/DC relationship on film. Well Since Superman. Heck, it might be better.

But chemistry is highly subjective...

In this case we're just wrong and you're just right? But in all other cases it is subjective?

... whah??

Yes but you are forgetting the most important thing which no two actors have had since really a long time ago. And wait for it..wait for it..wait for it..CHEMISTRY! Chemistry triumphs all because that is what makes it believable not showing up to save someone when the script tells you. That doesn't make me believe. It's when I see the chemistry those two portrayed is what makes it the best Marvel/DC relationship on film. Well Since Superman. Heck, it might be better.

What I saw wasn't chemistry in The First Avenger.

So, what you are trying to say is that Bruce and Selina had no chemistry? :whatever:

In my opinion:

Cap and Carter - Enough chemistry, but kind of generic and not extremely gripping. Did really like the ending.

Bruce and Rachel (Batman Begins) - Unique, chemistry that works for the angle. Also very well supported by the plot.

Bruce and Rachel (The Dark Knight) - Unique, but poor chemistry that feels stiff - but maybe the stiffness is appropriate given the story. Have trouble knocking it, even if I didn't like how Rachel's character was completely different from the last movie, in a negative way that made her utterly unlovable.

Bruce and Selina - By far the most chemistry. Also the most meaningful and fun. Wish they explored the psyche of it more (but this is true of 90% of the rest of the film). Otherwise, it was wonderfully written and acted. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"