The Dark Knight Batman's Competition in 2008

Over at Rotten Tomatoes there's a thread where someone said how Mamma Mia would give TDK a run for its money.

Heh...

I don't understand. I just checked and that film doesn't have a single explosion.

Why on earth would anyone go and see it?

Looking back on it, your right. I'll say $450 internationally.

EDIT: I've been looking over release dates..

..And I think Mamma Mia is going to do great numbers.

I doubt it cause when you actually look at it the musicals that do great usually cause they come out by them selfs. So right now at the most Mama Mia is hoping to gain 30 to 40 mil and at worst will only take away 5 - 10 percent of the population that would watch TDK away. I mean really remember they are completely different fan bases. Musical's & Action movies dont mix look at Spider man 3 for prof on that.

Musicals are a pretty unstable genre, sometimes they´re big hits, like Hairspray or Dream Girls, sometimes they´re big flops, like the new film version of The Producers or Phantom Of The Opera.

If you don't like it, you is racist.

If you weren't joking there, I might think you are secretly Rev. Al Sharpton. ;)

Over at Rotten Tomatoes there's a thread where someone said how Mamma Mia would give TDK a run for its money.

Heh...

:funny: :funny:

That is so funny, that it make my stomach hurt. Seriously, has anyone heard about that film? In fact, I'm a big movie-goer & I didn't know about it until last week. When you have a film like that no one know much about it in 2 weeks or so, it not going to do well. Lack of publicity & such is not going to help Mamma Mia. Not even against TDK. ;)

Wow, the studio estimates HIGHLY overblew Hancock´s opening weekend. The actuals were 62m, not 66m. Still a strong opening, but estimates usually miss by one, two million at best... Everything for the headlines, I guess...

As expected, Hellboy 2 didn't pull in gaudy numbers. $35 million...I mean honestly, who can say with a straight face to their friends "I saw a movie called Hellboy." Sounds like a character some 5th grader came up with...

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

I'm surprised Hancock didn't beat it though.

This is the big week!

Ya actually I was surprised that not many people did see Hellboy this weekend. Especially since Del toro developed a close fan following after Labryinth

It still opened bigger than the first Hellboy though, and will hopefully cross the $100 million mark domestically.

Ya actually I was surprised that not many people did see Hellboy this weekend. Especially since Del toro developed a close fan following after Labryinth

But really...who wants to see a movie called Hellboy?

Like I said earlier, it sounds like something an elementary schooler came up with.

In regards to the thread title "Batman's Competition in 2008"

Alfred: Know yor competytion, Mastah Wayne.
Bruce: Batman has no competition.

my plan....the dark knight...then...the x-files...and thats all i'm really worried about seeing at the movies...the rest i can wait on

But really...who wants to see a movie called Hellboy?

Like I said earlier, it sounds like something an elementary schooler came up with.

Plenty of people. It may not be bringing in 200M but it's bringing in people. Hellboy one was entertaining and number two was a huge improvement.

I don't understand. I just checked and that film doesn't have a single explosion.

Why on earth would anyone go and see it?

Come on parents have to have a movie to throw their kids into go see while theyre seeing TDK haha.

Considering that a lot of predictions for Hancock´s opening were between 108m to as high as 115m, a 100m-105m is slightly underwhelming, even though still a strong opening, but the next weekend I expect a very big drop. The vast majority of critics are trashing it.

Still waiting on that Very big drop.

I think TDK has a real shot at breaking the record...

People left the theater saying it was incredible. I got home and people were changing their facebook statuses to talk about how great the movie was.

There's no doubt TDK is going to break records at the very least there where 5 to 6 theathers at my movie sold out honest to god when the movie ended that huge croud that left made it look like the whole place was packed and there was another line waiting to see it as well right after

My newspaper gave a highter score to Mamma Mia! than The Dark Knight (half a star but common!!) Is there no justice in the world?

last night was the biggest midnight showing I have ever seen. There were hundreds of people everywhere. Lines when I left the movie and just utter chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"