BBC Shows

The BBC has posted their new trailer for Zombie show 'In The Flesh' which has an intresting premise.

What if after a zombie apocalypse zombies where cured with medication, given months of re-habilitation and reintegrated back into their local communities?

[YT]3uAJklDka_U[/YT]

[YT]53I2_DbVUqU[/YT]

Premise
What would happen if the dead did come back to life and attacked the living? What if a “cure” could be found? How would the un-undead readjust to their former lives? How would they deal with their actions? How would their families and friends accept them? Their neighbours?

Plot
After his death four years ago, his friends and family thought they’d never see Kieren (Luke Newberry) again. But then, shortly after his funeral, thousands of the dead were re-animated; and now, after months of re-habilitation and medication, the zombies are gradually being returned to their homes.

Now known as PDS sufferers (Partially Deceased Syndrome) – and since the passing of the PDS Protection act – the government have set an agenda of acceptance and tolerance, one that is at odds with the communities abandoned at the time of the rising, and the bloody battle between zombies and humans that ensued.

A cauldron of brutal anti-zombie sentiment and the source of the ‘rotter’ hating Human Volunteer Force (HVF), Kieren returns to his home in the rural village of Roarton. Here he is forced to confront his family, the community that rejected him and the flashbacks that continue to haunt him of what he did in his untreated state.

Kieren’s parents, Steve (Steve Cooper) and Sue (Marie Critchley), are undoubtedly pleased to see him, but his sister, Jem (Harriet Cains), isn’t so ready to pick up where they left off.

Meanwhile, the HVF, led by violent Bill Macy (Steve Evets) and backed by local churchman Vicar Oddie (Kenneth Cranham), are ready to take action against any PDS Sufferer reintegrated on their patch.”

Last edited:
New Doctor Who trailer, get it while it's hot!

[YT]4kSCXcM8XNY[/YT]

First episode of In The Flesh was really good I thought

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/matthew-rhys-to-play-mr-darcy-in-bbcs-death-comes-to-pemberley/
Matthew Rhys To Play Mr. Darcy In BBC’s ‘Death Comes To Pemberley’
By NANCY TARTAGLIONE, International Editor

This year is the 200th anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen’s Pride And Prejudice. To mark the occasion, the BBC is prepping three-part serial Death Comes To Pemberley, based on the suspense novel/homage by crime writer P.D. James. The book centers on three of Austen’s most iconic characters: Elizabeth Bennet, Fitzwilliam Darcy and George Wickham. The Americans‘ Matthew Rhys will play Darcy, Anna Maxwell Martin (who was Cassandra Austen in Becoming Jane) is Elizabeth and Matthew Goode is Wickham. The story picks up six years into Elizabeth and Darcy’s marriage as they prepare for the annual ball at their magnificent Pemberley home. When Elizabeth’s wayward sister Lydia arrives, she brings a shocking halt to the proceedings. A murder investigation unfolds and a web of secrets and deceit threatens all that the Darcys hold dear. Juliette Towhidi (Calendar Girls) did the adaptation which will be directed by Daniel Percival (Crossing Lines).

Although Laurence Olivier once played Mr. Darcy, Colin Firth has recently become more closely associated with the role for his portrayal in the BBC’s 1995 adaptation of Pride And Prejudice as well as his Bridget Jones character Mark Darcy who is based on Austen’s original. Rhys said, “Exciting as it is, one of the challenges of a part such as Darcy are the comparisons that will be drawn to those who’ve institutionalized him in the past. The beauty of Pemberly is that it is an entirely new and different Darcy 6 years on.” Referring to what’s been called one of the most unforgettable moments in British TV history when Firth’s Darcy went for a swim in Pride And Prejudice, Rhys added, “And also, I don’t have to appear from a lake in a white shirt and breeches.”

Origin Pictures is producing for BBC One with filming to start next month in Yorkshire. Executive producers are Ed Rubin for Origin Pictures, Polly Hill for the BBC and Hugo Heppell for Screen Yorkshire. Producers for Origin are David Thompson and Eliza Mellor. The series is expected to run during the end-of-year holidays.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/doc...eman-joins-bbc-ones-death-comes-to-pemberley/
‘Doctor Who’s Jenna-Louise Coleman Joins BBC One’s ‘Death Comes To Pemberley’

Last month, BBC One set Matthew Rhys to play Mr. Darcy in Death Comes To Pemberley, the three-part serial based on P.D. James’ suspense novel which revisits Jane Austen’s most iconic characters. A vast lineup of British TV talent has now been added to the cast, including Doctor Who star Jenna-Louise Coleman as Lydia Wickham, the sister of Austen’s Pride And Prejudice heroine Elizabeth Bennett. As previously announced, Anna Maxwell Martin is playing Bennett and Matthew Goode is George Wickham, Lydia’s husband. The story picks up six years into Elizabeth and Darcy’s marriage as they prepare for their annual ball. When Lydia arrives, she brings a shocking halt to the proceedings and a murder investigation unfolds. Also joining the cast are Trevor Eve (Waking The Dead), Rebecca Front (The Thick Of It), James Fleet (Sense And Sensibility), Penelope Keith (To The Manor Born), Joanna Scanlan (The Thick of It), Tom Ward (Silent Witness), Eleanor Tomlinson (The White Queen) and James Norton (Rush). Calendar Girls‘ Juliette Towhidi penned the adaptation which will be directed by Daniel Percival (Crossing Lines). Shooting starts this month in Yorkshire. Origin Pictures is producing for BBC One.

Latest BBC Promo for their up coming shows

[YT]ThHEcmDBXpg[/YT]

The Musketeers, Sherlock, The Great Train Robbery, Quirke, The Escape Artist, Ripper Street, What Remains & By Any Means.

1. First, The Great Train Robbery which marks Luke Evans’ (Fast And Furious 6, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug) first major appearance on a television series. The Welsh actor has become one of the most sought leading men in the last few years and is currently filming Dracula in the titular role.

The two part series is about Bruce Reynolds, which is played by Evans, who was the mastermind behind the biggest heist in England’s history in 1963.

“It’s a wonderful script about a fascinating man…The two films and the stunning cast across them both promises to be a great drama for BBC One and a unique telling of the Great Train Robbery story.” said Polly Hill, head of Independent Drama at BBC.

2.If that wasn’t enough to get you excited, another British drama this coming fall will see The Musketeers, a re-telling of the famous four swordsmen, Athos, Porthos, Armais, and young D’Artagnan and their adventures while trying to protect the King of France during the 17th century.

The foursome will be played by Tom Burke, Antonio Cabrera, Howard Charles, and Luca Pasqualino.

3.Quirke, with Gabriel Byrne, also makes its debut this year, in a 90-minute, three episode series about a chief pathologist in the Dublin city morgue investigates sudden death victims in the 1950s.

4.The Escape Artist with David Tennant is a 180-minute, three part series as well and focuses on Will Burton, a talented and spirited junior banister.

5.What Remains with David Threlfall and Denise Gough about a couple that moves into an apartment to find the body of a girl that had been missing for two years and By Any Means round up the newcomers to BBC.

6. By Any Means - This original crime drama, created by a team of writers led by Tony Jordan (Hustle, Life On Mars), follows a clandestine police department living on the edge and playing the criminal elite at their own game. Living in the shadows and treading the fine line of the law, the maverick team bridge the grey area between the letter of the law and true justice.The stellar ensemble cast is headed up by Warren Brown (Luther, Good Cop), Shelley Conn (Mistresses, Marchlands) and Andrew Lee Potts (Primeval, Ideal) and Gina McKee (The Borgias, In The Loop).

Other names who will appear in the series include Elliot Knight (Sinbad), John Henshaw (South Riding), Keith Allen (Robin Hood), Kate Dickie (Game Of Thrones), Neil Maskell (Utopia) and Martin Jarvis (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo)

As to who is returning, a couple of the most successful British dramas are coming back to BBC in 2013-2014.

7. Sherlock is gearing towards the emotional return of Benedcit Cumberbatch and his reunion with partner Watson (Martin Freeman) after Sherlock fakes his own death by falling from a high rise.

There is great expectation as to what the explanation of his survival will be and how all around him will react to his re-surfacing.

8.. Last but not least Matthew Macfadyen, Jerome Flynn, and Adam Rothenberg return to television screens in the continuation of Ripper Street,the investigation of gruesome murders in the wake of Jack the Ripper’s reign of terror.

Last edited:
The BBC has posted their new trailer for Zombie show 'In The Flesh' which has an intresting premise.

What if after a zombie apocalypse zombies where cured with medication, given months of re-habilitation and reintegrated back into their local communities?

[YT]3uAJklDka_U[/YT]

[YT]53I2_DbVUqU[/YT]

Premise

Plot

I caught that series a couple of months ago. I liked it. Interesting take on the whole zombie thing. That dad was just a f'n *******. Delusional hypocrite who got exactly what he deserved by that neighbor one neighbor who's wife was among the zombies.

Been watching Broadchurch, I think it's on episode 5 or 6 on BBCA. Really liking this series as well.

FOX is remaking Broadchurch and they will bring back Tennant to reprise his role as Hardy.

Link.

'Broadchurch': David Tennant to star in Fox remake

Fox has cast a very familiar face to headline its remake of Broadchurch.

EW has learned that David Tennant, who headlined the U.K. version on ITV that drew more than 10 million viewers for its season finale, will reprise his role as Detective Inspector Alec Hardy for American audiences. The Scottish actor best known to fanboys as the 10th Doctor on Doctor Who earned rave reviews for his portrayal of a sad (and physically ill) divorcee who investigates the death of a boy in a seaside town.
Fox announced last summer that it will remake the 8-episode series for the 2014-15 season. (The drama also aired recently on BBC America). The U.S. version will feature Tennant as an American detective who is the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder that puts a small town under scrutiny. The series’ original creator, Chris Chibnall, will write the premiere episode for Fox while Dan Futterman (Capote) and Anya Epstein (In Treatment) have signed on as executive producers and showrunners. Production will begin in January on the series, which will be distributed by Shine America in association with Kudos and Imaginary Friends.

The UK version is planning a second season of Broadchurch, but it has not been announced whether Tennant or his co-star Olivia Colman will return with it. Last month, Chibnall told EW that Fox is giving him the opportunity “to make something that is hopefully as good if not better than the British version.” “I’m very, very fascinated to see this story in a different landscape with an acting ensemble that’s just as strong but taken from really great American actors,” he said. “The DNA of the original is absolutely intact and filtered through a new prism, so it should still feel just as vibrant, and interesting, and strange, and unique, and beautiful, but just in a different setting — and then it’s exploring the dramatic opportunities that that offers up. We’re not gonna do the terrible version. We’re gonna do a great version.”

Interesting. Gotta wonder how this will affect series/season 2.

Can Tennant do a decent American accent?

I thought reason he has done much American work like many other British actors is because his American accent is bad.

Doing the American adaptation of a show you're on while the original is still going? Hmm...

Mark Strong was in the UK Low Winter Sun and is now in the American Low Winter Sun.

In the UK version he was doing a Scottish accent pretty well and now he is doing a American accent really well.

Mark Strong was in the UK Low Winter Sun and is now in the American Low Winter Sun.

In the UK version he was doing a Scottish accent pretty well and now he is doing a American accent really well.

Not at the same time, though, right?

No UK Low Winter Sun was on in 2006 I think. Anyway is anyone watching Peaky Blinders?

That is going to be something to see. I'm mildly surprised that several actors star/co-star in multiple series at the same time like Alison Brie with Mad Men and Community as well as in movies but they aren't also skipping across the Atlantic Ocean to do so either. Or reproducing the same role for two seperate series.

I'm still kind of surprised about this. Fox must really have something to be able to rope in one of the original stars.

Well... either that or $$$$, but I'm not sure if Tennant is someone who would have a real huge price tag in the US.

Tennent was absolutely amazing on BBC's Broadchurch. His interrogate scenes were the highlights of the series.

Original British Drama: Autumn 2013 Trailer - BBC Two

[YT]0WLFsVI9JP0[/YT]

Salting the Battlefield, Turks & Caicos, The 13th Tale, Line of Duty and Legacy

Christopher Walken! :woot:

I'm excited about the return of Ripper Street and The Musketeers. You don't see very many movies or TV shows set in the 17th century.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/walking-dead-david-morrissey-to-star-bbc-one-drama-the-driver/
David Morrissey To Topline BBC One Miniseries ‘The Driver’

The Driver, about an ordinary man who makes a terrible decision, is a three-part thriller from BAFTA Award-winning screenwriter Danny Brocklehurst (Shameless UK). The Walking Dead‘s David Morrissey will play taxi driver Vince McKee, who blames himself for a family mystery and accepts an offer to start driving for a criminal gang. But, says the BBC, it’s ultimately a redemptive story about getting a second chance under incredible circumstances. Jim Poyser co-created the drama which is co-produced by Morrissey’s Highfield Pictures and RED Production Company for BBC One. Jamie Payne (Doctor Who, The White Queen, The Hour) is director. Ian Hart, Colm Meaney, Shaun Dingwall, Claudie Blakeley, Sacha Parkinson and Lee Ross also star. Morrissey, who is also toplining AMC pilot Line Of Sight, is executive producing The Driver for Highfield with Nicola Shindler for Red and Polly Hill for BBC One. Producer is Jolyon Symonds (Breathless). Shooting starts in and around Manchester this week for a 2014 air date.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/ste...ma-series-on-the-black-experience-in-britain/
Steve McQueen, BBC Developing Drama Series On The Black Experience In Britain

British director Steve McQueen is headed to the BBC. The 12 Years A Slave helmer is working on a “major drama,” according to BBC Controller Ben Stephenson, who told Deadline, “It is incredibly exciting to be working with the hugely talented British director who has rapidly become one of the finest directors in the world.” The news was first reported by The Daily Mail‘s Baz Bamigboye, who says the director told him the West London-set series would explore the black experience in Britain as seen by a group of friends and their families from 1968 to today. McQueen noted, “I don’t think there has been a serious drama series in Britain with black people from all walks of life as the main protagonists.” The series, described as “epic” in scope, is being developed with Rainmark Films (Muhammad Ali’s Greatest Fight) and will air on either BBC One or BBC Two, although it is expected to take at least another year. This would be the director’s first drama series. 12 Years A Slave has been earning prizes this awards season and is nominated for multiple Golden Globes and BAFTAs.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/bbc...r-natural-history-programming-from-discovery/
BBC America Bags ’70s Espionage Thriller ‘The Game’, Takes Over Natural History Programming From Discovery; John Simms Cast In ‘Intruders’
By LISA DE MORAES, TV Columnist

BBC America announced this morning it had picked up a six part ’70s-set espionage thriller The Game from Toby Whithouse. Brian Cox stars in the project which is set to debut in the fall BBCA GM Perry Simon announced. Simon noted the network had its best year ever, ratings wise, including its best fourth quarter ever, its best December ever and its best Christmas ever with the Doctor Who special. “This Jew finally believes in Santa Claus,” he joked.

Simon also announced 24 Hours on Earth will premiere Tuesday March 11 at 9 PM as part of the network’s new BBC Earth programming block on Tuesday evenings. The production is a second-by-second virtual day and shows how animals and plants exploit specific moments in the 24-hour cycle. Simon told TV critics attending Winter TV Press Tour 2014 “how personally excited I am to begin migrating this programing over to BBC America. I really think this content can be transformative for our channel.”

Last October, Discovery issued an email letting the media know it has ended its programming partnership with BBC – a relationship that’s produced some of Discovery’s most acclaimed natural history telecasts. “Discovery and the BBC today announced that their longstanding partnership is coming to an end, by mutual agreement,” a statement said, taking a page out of the Kardashian playbook. It was the same old story: they’d grown apart — BBC focusing on blue-chip shows along the lines of Life, and Frozen Planet, Discovery looking for more character-driven reality series: Gold Rush, Gold Fever, Alaska: The Last Frontier, Alaska: The Last Frontier, Naked And Afraid. Maybe even more important, in the years since the relationship began, Discovery had launched channels in international markets where, per terms of its deal, it did not have distribution rights on BBC programs. Discovery will now go it alone, without BBC by its side, like it did on the seven-part Tom Selleck-narrated natural history series North America it debuted last May. With its international becoming such a big part of its business, having content for all of its global channels became a major imperative.

Additionally BBCA has cast John Simms (Dr. Who) in its upcoming paranormal drama The Intruders. Simms will play Jack Whelan, a Los Angeles cop turned writer whose wife disappears.

I've been out of the loop lately beyond Sherlock.

What can fill my void of Misfits, Skins: Series 7, Luther, and The Hour? I'm getting Ripper Street right now...

I just finished episode 1 of Death Comes To Pemberleyand I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'm pissed that Ripper Street was cancelled. I wish season 2 had ended as neatly as season 1, where there were no dangling plot threads. I really wanna know what will happen between Drake and Rose, Jackson and Susan, and Reid
and Jane. :cmad:

"The game" and "the black experience" sound so amazing.

I wish my country could do that. Besides endless sport we just rip off bbc shows and then spend forever going on about how wonderfully clever we are because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"