Being single sucks

I respectfully disagree in the strongest possible terms. There's no way you can compare the temporary high of drinking to a significant other.

I am comparing the actual FEELING of being in love.

Not to mention the similarities between addiction and being 'in love' that I have found apparent in many of my own and other people's relationships.

Of course stuff makes you happy.

A happy person would be extremely unhappy if they were transported to a hellhole like say, North Korea and denied clothes, shelter and the people they love.

Taking stuff away makes you more unhappy. That is perfectly true, and what I said does not have any effect on that :huh:

All i'm saying is that happiness is not found by getting more and more stuff. You might be happiER if you had the newest game or the coolest new shoes. But you wouldn't be HAPPY, as in emotionally and mentally fullfilled and comfortable with who you are.

Similarly, another person can be good company. They might be what you WANT, and having what you want does make you feel happier in the short term.

But if you aren't happy IN YOURSELF, then you will not be happy in that relationship for long.

Yeah, although at the same time, I think it's one of those things where when you're talking about people that lonely, assuming they're reasonably economically stable, it's kind of their own fault. Also I don't think they realize what being lonely is. Like a virgin may think he knows what it's like to want to get laid, but he doesn't really. It's funny because, yeah, those people aren't happy, there's no peaks or whatever, but I'd still love to have their life. I'd love to sit around and read comics, play video games and watch cartoons all day -- that sh** rules! -- it's just not condusive to meeting people, getting laid and dating which is a bigger priority for me.

Hey, I sit around reading comics, playing videogames and getting laid whenever I want. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones. :o

Hey, I sit around reading comics, playing videogames and getting laid whenever I want. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones. :o
Seriously speaking though, everyone kind of has to leave the house every now and again. It's kind of important for women to actually see me every now and again, in public, with something resembling a tan.

I am comparing the actual FEELING of being in love.

Not to mention the similarities between addiction and being 'in love' that I have found apparent in many of my own and other people's relationships.

Taking stuff away makes you more unhappy. That is perfectly true, and what I said does not have any effect on that :huh:

All i'm saying is that happiness is not found by getting more and more stuff. You might be happiER if you had the newest game or the coolest new shoes. But you wouldn't be HAPPY, as in emotionally and mentally fullfilled and comfortable with who you are.

Similarly, another person can be good company. They might be what you WANT, and having what you want does make you feel happier in the short term.

But if you aren't happy IN YOURSELF, then you will not be happy in that relationship for long.

Yes, I agree often people fool themselves into thinking they're happy with their new boyfriend or girlfriend. That's why those relationships end. But sometimes people do gain happiness IN THEIRSELVES by finding someone who fills a void in their lives. When they find understanding, love and trust, they change for the better and sometimes permanently. Sometimes sad people are just lonely people.

I think you generalize too much.

Plenty of people live without gfs/bfs.
For example, in my culture, we don't date until we're ready for marraige.

Because I Kaned it, and it's not exactly looking for relationship advice, but talking about single life.

About two years ago, there was a hot minute when I was overly depressed because I was single. I would see couples walking past me on campus and upset and a little bitter. I was jealous of my friends who had girlfriends/boyfriends. But then I realized that there was a void in my life that I thought I needed to be filled with a relationship. I found out that the void was actually just self-esteem issues. Eventually, I slowly built my confidence and became aware that even though I don't look like Brad Pitt, I don't look like a goblin either. Then confidence started growing and growing and I realized that I don't NEED to be in a relationship. I'm a broke college student. I can't be paying for other girls if I can barely take care of myself.

:o

:huh:

Isn't that just an excuse not to date?

I mean, if most of us waited until we were out of college making at least 50k a year, with a medical plan, and a 401k, then who would be banging the 18 year olds? :huh:

Seriously, you might as well go to an all boys school from high school to college by that rationale.

You being single has nothing to do with money or even having a job. It's more wanting it so badly you try to force relationships with women in order to feel validated not by women, but by society itself. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. You don't have to prove anything to yourself if youre single.

You just have to focus on other things, and you'll know when you meet right girl when the moment feels right.

:huh:

Isn't that just an excuse not to date?

I mean, if most of us waited until we were out of college making at least 50k a year, with a medical plan, and a 401k, then who would be banging the 18 year olds? :huh:

Seriously, you might as well go to an all boys school from high school to college by that rationale.

You being single has nothing to do with money or even having a job. It's more wanting it so badly you try to force relationships with women in order to feel validated not by women, but by society itself. I had to learn this lesson the hard way. You don't have to prove anything to yourself if youre single.

No kidding.

Of course, the money thing is an excuse to not date. It's also a reminder that I have nothing but time. But like I said, I no longer have that void in my life that I thought needed to be filled by being in a relationship.

As they say, as a guy, you're actually envious of another guy that has to be with the same chick day in and day out? :oldrazz:

^Yeah. They both have drawbacks, although sex always prevails over no sex. Still, nothing wrong with being single. Too many people act like it's an eternal thing. Self fulfilling prophecies are a ***** if you're not careful.

Nan, it depends on the person.

Some people flourish with the whole lone wolf thing, others find it extremely lonely and solitary.

In essence, we complain about being tied down, but if we weren't, we'd probably be lost.

Necro'd, WHYYYYYYYYYY?????

#hypeembarassingmoments
:lmao:

As they say, as a guy, you're actually envious of another guy that has to be with the same chick day in and day out? :oldrazz:
Depends on the people involved. What if there really is only one person you can stand being around? If you like sex, you do what you have to! :hehe:

This thread.........

origin-photo-u1.jpg

Show me a man who got married because of the sex and I'll show you a stupid, stupid man.

We need someone to groom us like spider monkeys. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"