Being single sucks

I'm genuinely curious, is it common place for American universities to require a math credit for any Bachelor degree? Even if your major was English, or Fine Arts?
It depends on where you go. I went to a liberal arts college, which means they emphasize general education even if you majored in a specialized field like chemistry. That meant everyone had to take SOME kind of math class, but the true math wusses took the "math in music" class instead of like, calculus. :funny: I don't think my sister (who went to Stanford, which is a large private university) had to take anything math or science-related until she took it upon herself to go for Phi Beta Kappa, which is a big-deal academic honor society.

I was a biology major so I HAD to take calculus. :csad: But I also had to take an English class, which made me :cmad: since all of the intro classes were boring stuff like British Lit.

To just get into many 4-year colleges though, they require that you have passed algebra or geometry in high school.

^Yes, ****ing math is everywhere! Thank goodness I'm done with my math and now I'm ready to transfer, though once I transfer I know math will still haunt me around for a couple of years.

It depends on where you go. I went to a liberal arts college, which means they emphasize general education even if you majored in a specialized field like chemistry. That meant everyone had to take SOME kind of math class, but the true math wusses took the "math in music" class instead of like, calculus. :funny: I don't think my sister (who went to Stanford, which is a large private university) had to take anything math or science-related until she took it upon herself to go for Phi Beta Kappa, which is a big-deal academic honor society.

I was a biology major so I HAD to take calculus. :csad: But I also had to take an English class, which made me :cmad: since all of the intro classes were boring stuff like British Lit.

To just get into many 4-year colleges though, they require that you have passed algebra or geometry in high school.

Ah ok. Some uni's up here have that same requirement, except it's just a general science credit and they dumb it down a lot. So you get to take classes like "Astronomy is AWESOME" and "How to use a computer".

We just have a general requirement that you need three math credits to pass high school. You only have to take advanced math if that's required for your desired uni program. Which is why I was able to drop math after grade 11, yay!

If I put a smiley face over the bad parts, is that cool to post.... ?

Kaned. :o

And being single is fine when you accept that you're not going to be alone forever. And at the same time, in my experiences, it's best to not actively seek a relationship.

Stop kaning threads. Only Kane can kane threads. (Besides this is stuff we can talk about in the relationship thread)

I'm only Kaning threads because the community forum is getting boring.

But threads like this are depressing...

I like being single, I don't know why anyone has a problem with it. I get a ton of work done, I have time to work out everyday, I kind of dress and act however I want, and I never really have to settle down. I can date one person for a little while, then when I get bored, I go find someone else.

I have a cat -- that sucks. A little bit. I love the little boy to death, but he's a big responsibility and he's always being mischievous. So if his little annoyances are any indication, having kids or a wife will be much, much worse.

So I just don't get when people bemoan that existence. You can do like, anything, just anything you want. You're not tied down by a whole lot of other people -- and there's just all kinds of fun you can have so long as you get up for work. So again, I really don't understand what's so depressing about it.

It's a cliche (at least with guys) that everyone single wishes they were in a relationship and everyone in a relationship wishes they were single. The grass is always greener, etc.

Many banned users have posted in this thread. Wonder if they lost it like Spoony.

I've met many people in my life who have been made miserable, even have had lives ruined, through marriage and relationships.

I have never met anybody in my life who is actually miserable or have had their lives ruined by not being in a relationship or never being married (usually their misery has to do with other things, like not having money or being a general loser, none of which actually has to do with being single).

Seems like a no brainer to me.

I've met many people in my life who have been made miserable, even have had lives ruined, through marriage and relationships.

I have never met anybody in my life who is actually miserable or have had their lives ruined by not being in a relationship or never being married (usually their misery has to do with other things, like not having money or being a general loser, none of which actually has to do with being single).

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Maybe their lives haven't been ruined, but there's no peaks. No weddings, no kids, no growing old together, no grandkids. Seems like a pretty hollow existence. I dunno, maybe I'm just a conventional fart.

As cheesy as it sounds - happiness comes from within.

Stuff can't make you happy. Another person can't make you happy. You are either happy or you're not.

And I think A LOT of people mistakenly think that being in love will make them happy. Because, like drinking for example, it gives you a temporary high and distracts you from your unhappiness.

Stuff can't make you happy. Another person can't make you happy. You are either happy or you're not.

And I think A LOT of people mistakenly think that being in love will make them happy. Because, like drinking for example, it gives you a temporary high and distracts you from your unhappiness.

I respectfully disagree in the strongest possible terms. There's no way you can compare the temporary high of drinking to a significant other.

Of course stuff makes you happy.

A happy person would be extremely unhappy if they were transported to a hellhole like say, North Korea and denied clothes, shelter and the people they love.

:up:

Maybe their lives haven't been ruined, but there's no peaks. No weddings, no kids, no growing old together, no grandkids. Seems like a pretty hollow existence. I dunno, maybe I'm just a conventional fart.
Yeah, although at the same time, I think it's one of those things where when you're talking about people that lonely, assuming they're reasonably economically stable, it's kind of their own fault. Also I don't think they realize what being lonely is. Like a virgin may think he knows what it's like to want to get laid, but he doesn't really. It's funny because, yeah, those people aren't happy, there's no peaks or whatever, but I'd still love to have their life. I'd love to sit around and read comics, play video games and watch cartoons all day -- that sh** rules! -- it's just not condusive to meeting people, getting laid and dating which is a bigger priority for me.

I'm single and it sucks even more because my main group of friends are taking up their education in another school. A lady in my world right now would be the best of thing. I'm stuck here in my house during Tuesday and Thursdays and all I do is read comics and participate in forums. I need some :hrt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"