Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumours of Affleck wanting out of the role are worrisome, but not surprising at this point. I'm sympathetic to a degree, because he probably never thought that BvS and SS would receive such critical hate or fan derision, and now someone who slowly rebuilt his career in Hollywood after debacles such as Daredevil is seeing history repeat itself.

At the same time, this is what he signed on for. Playing the world's most popular superhero in an interconnected cinematic universe was always going to be a lot of work.

Exactly this. It must be an incredibly disheartening feeling of deja vu, but as you say it's what he signed up for. He knows the territory after Daredevil plus he's a comic book fan himself; he knew what CB fans were like going in.

He's my favourite Batman/Bruce Wayne too. I hope he works it out and stays.

There is no way at all that this compares to what Affleck went through previously. Affleck is pretty much clean in all of this. By and large, even DCEU detractors want Affleck around. Even with Live By Night, most people who disliked it just found it be the inevitable dud in every filmmaker's catalogue.

Should things go far south with all of this, people will be rioting against WB, not Affleck.

He was the best part of BVS for me so it would disappoint me greatly if he ends up leaving the DCEU. His Batman movie, along with Aquaman, are my most anticipated.

He was the best part of BVS for me so it would disappoint me greatly if he ends up leaving the DCEU. His Batman movie, along with Aquaman, are my most anticipated.

For me it's The Batman and Wonder Woman, but yes.

Came across this on Facebook..... :) :)

16681826_1252711781444871_1886019246120136815_n.jpg

I would place "we are criminals, Alfred" with "men are still good" for batman,

and

"My world is dead" with with "This is my world, you are my world" for Superman.

"We are thrilled to have Matt Reeves taking the helm of Batman, the crown jewel of our DC slate," said Toby Emmerich, President and Chief Content Officer, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. "Matt’s deep roots in genre films and his evolution into an emotional world-building director make him the perfect filmmaker to guide the Dark Knight through this next journey."

Oh, they jelly.

giphy.gif

Delicious news. Would like to see the faces of those lowlife clickbait scum.

Wanna bet plenty of them will say this is all a smokescreen and the DCEU is falling apart and Affleck's still leaving and all of that jazz...??

Hype frontpage says Reeves will direct AND produce?

Oh my god.

Yes.

YES.

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD.

Maybe now people can relax for a bit :funny:

Maybe now people can relax for a bit :funny:

People, are stressed out that other non-batman related characters haven't got directors and release dates :o

I feel pity for WB folks who monitor online activities - release the Reeves beast - check online - still complaining? :cmad:

Boys could too, but we're too stubborn that way. :o

Great news about Reeves. I think he's a good choice. I guess the haters just keep pushing the idea that Affleck wants out.

It won't stop until an actual trailer for the movie is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"