Ben Affleck To Team With DC’s Geoff Johns On Standalone ‘Batman’ Film - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That post my friend, was a terrible, terrible mistake.

golsdman-oscar.jpg

LOLbatman.gif

I did not realize Terrio had been brought in to do a rewrite until now. I just saw the link.

Ah, no wonder they weren't happy with the script

Chris 'False God' Terrio re-wrote it

This is the strange part of all this. Why would Affleck go on TV and announce that he's directing the film, if he knew he probably wasn't going to and would make such an announcement 2 and a half weeks later? If Campea is to be believed, it was essentially a lie and nothing more than damage control. However, how could that be considered damage control?

Could be because talking about the project fed into the perception that once he left it, it'd be due to the pressures of it rather than second thoughts about the quality of the script or JL or WB's management. Not that it wouldn't be the truth, but they benefit more from that narrative.

That post my friend, was a terrible, terrible mistake.

golsdman-oscar.jpg

AH yes the GREAT directed Batman & Robin.

If only they had a better script Joel wouldn't of had to do this:

According to John Glover Joel Schumacher "would sit on a crane with a megaphone and yell before each take, 'Remember, everyone, this is a cartoon'. It was hard to act because that kind of set the tone for the film."

Last edited:
that campea rant was absolute bliss

I implore you all to watch if you haven't

It's a link from Deadline from a few pages back but I haven't been able to find it again for you.

that campea rant was absolute bliss

I implore you all to watch if you haven't

From yesterday or is there a new Collider video? I thought the entire panel did a great job yesterday on the fly.

AH yes the GREAT directed Batman & Robin.

If only they had a better script Joel wouldn't of had to do this:

According to John Glover Joel Schumacher "would sit on a crane with a megaphone and yell before each take, 'Remember, everyone, this is a cartoon'. It was hard to act because that kind of set the tone for the film."

When you're trying to justify Chris Terrio rewriting The Batman by defending Akiva Goldsman's Batman & Robin script....

Last edited:
So Terrio re-wrote The Batman? I think Ben is totally out of his realm here. The Town, Argo and Live By Night are one thing, but superhero mythology and tying everything together seems just way over his head. I know he's a Batman fan and understands the character, but maybe he's not up to snuff with this whole superhero thing and making scripts out of these characters. Terrio has that screen writing experience so somebody needs to smooth everything out. The DCEU is lucky to have a guy like Terrio right now.

I'm sure Affleck and Johns have good character-beats going in the script with Johns proving a DC Universal world, but things need to make sense and come together script wise. It just seems that way at the moment.

I think WB is clearly struggling in the divisional departments they created and who reports to who. The Feige thing is clearly lacking. Who knows.

Terrio's "He has come here to die" scene in the BVS UC had me gaping in awe at the screen.

I thought Terrio's dialogue in BvS was solid for the most part. There was some insanely good stuff in there. The one that sticks out to me as bad was the whole "The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.." line. It seemed clunky and completely out of place. The build to that face to face interaction was good enough to have a more intense face to face encounter so I thought that scene was kind of off.

I thought Terrio's dialogue in BvS was solid for the most part. There was some insanely good stuff in there. The one that sticks out to me as bad was the whole "The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.." line. It seemed clunky and completely out of place. The build to that face to face interaction was good enough to have a more intense face to face encounter so I thought that scene was kind of off.
Terrible line, made worse by Cavill's delivery.

the empty wine cellar line made me smirk

I guess I'll refer back to argo to give me hope for the bat solo and disregard the rest

It was awkward as sh$%^. I honestly have no idea how you would even deliver that line good lol. It seemed like a scene made for a trailer or something and they kept it in. It was rushed and kind of not needed. If you're going to have them come face to face for their first encounter, make it more intense than that.

And let's not forget the grand turning point in the whole movie... the crowning turd in the water pipe... the thing around which the entire movie pivots... the most important line of dialogue in the whole debacle...

'Martha'.

Which is a shame being I marked the heck out during the trailer where Supes rips the doors off of the Batmobile and the slow motion build with his cape flowing behind him. That needed to be epic and it just fell as flat as ever.

And let's not forget the grand turning point in the whole movie... the crowning turd in the water pipe... the thing around which the entire movie pivots... the most important line of dialogue in the whole debacle...

'Martha'.

Yeah, we know. I don't think this has ever been debated to absolute murder lol.

Yeah, we know. I don't think this has ever been debated to absolute murder lol.

Hey dude... if people are defending Terrio's screenwriting, then it's got to come up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"