• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Kingsley's return

How so?

You mean a retcon where it's revealed that the bumbling, drunken buffoon of an actor that was Trevor Slattery was ACTUALLY the real Mandarin hiding in plain site...allowing Killian to actually run everything while he (Trevor, the "real" Mandarin) lounged in a mansion while boozing, using drugs, and having sex with random women before getting himself into multiple situations where the good OR bad guys could have blown his brains out at any time, and then getting himself thrown in prison after revealing major points of Killian's (but it was actually Trevor's) plan that allowed Iron Man to win the day?

Is that the retcon your talking about?

Because that's stupid.

Thank you.

I'm guessing it's a One Shot.

Though Trevor did say he needed a lot of plastic surgery . . . . .

An 'Inside the Actor's Studio with Trevor Slattery' would be hilarious.

Oh god please I would be so happy. :woot: :up:

He was the toast of Croydon after all.

Wherever that is.

How so?

You mean a retcon where it's revealed that the bumbling, drunken buffoon of an actor that was Trevor Slattery was ACTUALLY the real Mandarin hiding in plain site...allowing Killian to actually run everything while he (Trevor, the "real" Mandarin) lounged in a mansion while boozing, using drugs, and having sex with random women before getting himself into multiple situations where the good OR bad guys could have blown his brains out at any time, and then getting himself thrown in prison after revealing major points of Killian's (but it was actually Trevor's) plan that allowed Iron Man to win the day?

Because that's stupid.

:hrt: this post

How so?

Because that's stupid.
Well,it seems the villain getting thrown in prison to further orchestrate his plans is all the rage these days.

NYzfCmT.png

How so?

Because that's stupid.

I couldn't give a dam how they do it. If they really want to they could just ignore IM3 in the same way FOX is ignoring origins.

Plus iron man 3 isn't half the collosal sh**storm that x men origins was...iron man has lame villains, both in the comics and now in the films. It's time to move on, and hope that if they make more iron man movies they continue to try and improve his rogues gallery.

I have an idea,

With Scarlet Witch being introduced in TA2 she could use her reality altering powers to retcon The Mandarin. Fans of the twist get to see that Black's version in IM3 and fans of the character get to see him in a future installment.

Did you miss the part where Xavier gets shot in the back and becomes paralysed, but in Origins he's walking fine!? Lol

DOFP is supposedly going to rectify the inconsistencies.But as much as haters want to ignore X3 and Origins,The Wolverine proved them to be part of the canon.

DOFP is supposedly going to rectify the inconsistencies.But as much as haters want to ignore X3 and Origins,The Wolverine proved them to be part of the canon.

I have also heard that DOFP will just wipe X3 and Origins out of continuity. This so we get Cyclops back and a proper Deadpool.

You know you've screwed things when you make an entire big event movie just to fix it :p

I have also heard that DOFP will just wipe X3 and Origins out of continuity. This so we get Cyclops back and a proper Deadpool.

Nothing will ever change the fact that they happened in the continuity.Even if they become irreverent going forward for all practical purposes.

I have an idea,

With Scarlet Witch being introduced in TA2 she could use her reality altering powers to retcon The Mandarin. Fans of the twist get to see that Black's version in IM3 and fans of the character get to see him in a future installment.

tumblr_mdjtbmkjx61rp7g3w.gif

Oh yeah, and to add to that :

tumblr_inline_mt6ufjcWUQ1qmohdh.gif

Did you miss the part where Xavier gets shot in the back and becomes paralysed, but in Origins he's walking fine!? Lol

Did you miss the part where Wolverine screams Kayla's name in TW?! Lol

Don't know where you got that from, Singer said himself in an interview he would be respecting the films in the franchise he didn't work on. I mean, he is bringing back one of X3's main characters. And no Marsden returning because his character is dead.

I have pretty much given up on seeing a true representation of Cyclops, at least until (when/if) Marvel gets the property back. So yeah I'm not holding my breath.

But seriously, I think Kingsley reprising his role as Trevor, either a short that follows IM3 or takes place before it could both be entertaining. People are still bent out of shape about the "twist being a joke", whatever you think of that, there is no denying Trevor was a genuinely funny character.

Last edited:
I have an idea,

6YLNoI2.gif

What, no love for the fallefel guy? I truly believed that he had kids to feed :o

And what about Gary from IM3? I heard that actor was so dedicated he actually got a tattoo of RDJ :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"