• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ben Kingsley's return

Plus iron man 3 isn't half the collosal sh**storm that x men origins was...iron man has lame villains, both in the comics and now in the films. It's time to move on, and hope that if they make more iron man movies they continue to try and improve his rogues gallery.

While I do agree with most of what you say here, I actually did think Stane was a good villain.

This is definitely one of those One Shot things.

While I do agree with most of what you say here, I actually did think Stane was a good villain.

I liked stane for Jeff bridges, he lost a lot points when he randomly turned into one liner spewing mustache twirler in the final battle. Honestly I think whiplash and Justine hammer are my favorite villains from the iron man movies. Even if they didnt get a great amount of screen time (at whiplash didnt) I thought they were both very well developed in their personalities and motivations, unlike Adlrich Killian.

I like parts of IM2 and I liked Justin Hammer but the final battle is terrible and over so quick.

To be fair, some of the more memorable villains in film history are that way more because of the performance than the writing (ex. Hans Gruber, Auric Goldfinger). Bridges does a great job with the role.

I like parts of IM2 and I liked Justin Hammer but the final battle is terrible and over so quick.

To be fair, some of the more memorable villains in film history are that way more because of the performance than the writing. *Bridges does a great job with the role.

I agree, but I felt the persona and presence built around Ivan Vanko by his backstory and Rourke's performance was really cool. And I really liked the thematic parallels between him and Tony Stark, the whole sins of the father and struggling to live up to their fathers legacies. I only wish the movie had a better writer so that all that stuff didn't get muted by all the superfluous crap. Like that scene of tony leaving the house, buying strawberries, going to the office, pissing off pepper, and FINALLY getting the stark expo model. ALL of that could have been cut out and it would not have affected the plot. I would have easily bought the fact that Tony simply had the model at his house, thus providing more screen time for showcasing Rourke or Cheedle.

I know it's been discussed to death here, but Rourke's stated that some of his scenes were cut and Whiplash became more of a one dimensional villain.

I actually liked the scenes in Monaco too and I know a lot of people don't but I thought it was pretty cool. A little silly yes, but to me that was something straight out of a comic book.

I loved the Monaco scene (well except the whole "Happy repeatedly funning whiplash over" part).

Whiplash didn't get much screen time because he supposedly died during the prison escape. He wasn't a good fight because all he does is whip stuff. When you have Iron Man and War Machine, there isn't a lot you can do if your only attacks are whipping people.

Hammer was awesome.

I do wanna see the apparent deleted scenes Rourke mentions. I don't know why Marvel didn't just release every deleted scene they had for the Phase 1 set...

I remember he said there was 30 minutes of cut scenes, and we have like...what, 14 minutes?

I don't get why would cut supposedly important scenes but still keep in superfluous crap like that scene I mentioned earlier. I mean I know Favreau likes to let the cameras roll and and have his actors improvise but come on, you're trying to tell a story here lol

I know it's been discussed to death here, but Rourke's stated that some of his scenes were cut and Whiplash became more of a one dimensional villain.

I actually liked the scenes in Monaco too and I know a lot of people don't but I thought it was pretty cool. A little silly yes, but to me that was something straight out of a comic book.

He was doomed as a villain when he yelled at the ceiling camera when his dad died.

Because that's stupid.

No, this is:

Posted this idea for a Marvel One-Shot in the Iron Man 3 forum...

Kingsley reprises his role as Trevor Slattery in the next Marvel One-Shot. In it, we find that Trevor couldn't keep his mouth shut about AIM and Killian's secrets and spilled all the beans he had for a plea deal...which forced AIM to go underground. He's free and drugging it up as best he can. He's also loving the fame and notoriety. He pretty much always wears his full Mandarin outfit and enjoys giving terrifying "Mandarin" speeches to TV cameras. But soon, he thinks more people are watching him than just the American media and he gets increasingly paranoid...a fact of which the media is taking advantage of as they are getting greats ratings from video taping his even more bizarre paranoid behavior.

But we find that Trevor is indeed not paranoid. AIM henchmen find and corner him. But they don't kill him. Out of the shadows appears a cloaked figure. Killian is alive...and most displeased with the secrets that he has spilled to the authorities. Killian states that Trevor was only useful for his anonymity, of which Trevor now has none.

Killian says to Trevor that he "created him" and now he will destroy him. With that, he kills Trevor. While looking at the drunken actor's dead body, he remarks that he had at least admired Trevor's "style"...and proceeds to remove the ten rings off of Trevor's hands and place them on his own fingers one by one...

I don't get why would cut supposedly important scenes but still keep in superfluous crap like that scene I mentioned earlier. I mean I know Favreau likes to let the cameras roll and and have his actors improvise but come on, you're trying to tell a story here lol

I don't even think they had a script for this movie lol

It was probably due to the amount of characters in the movie in the first place. Hammer, Rhodey, Natasha, Pepper...

I need to watch it again I think. Sometimes I forget what actually happened.

Come on! Fans of the twist still got their version. I want the version the trailers gave us. Making a one shot about Trevor is just going to piss people off again.

This just pure mocking people who wanted The Mandarin.

and with here you mean where exactly?

The Hype, there was a poll which asked for what you thought was the worst MS film. Though if you were to read the "Marvel's biggest slap in the face!!" thread you would think IM3 is the worst Marvel movie period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"