Best 3rd movie in a CBM franchise so far?

Well, I am home, but I'm not in the mood with continuing this subject.

I find X2: X-Men United as the better film and you apparently do not. I find X2's length drove its plots with careful pacing while you don't. I find X-Men: The Last Stand to drive its plots way too quickly in a 90 minute time frame and while you somewhat think the same(I presume), you also find what X3 to be better, but I do not.

I'm also tired of this back and forth of you assuming I know nothing about writing and I'll be honest when I say I've been acting the same way. So, yah, this is the end on my behalf. Also, I'm too much in a bad mood because of tonight to even think about continuing this topic any longer.

Senator Pleasury approves this decision. He enjoyed the discussion all the same. :up:

Scott dying would be fine if it was at the end and he wasn't underused, which probably would of happened anyways. Him being underused. Wolverine getting all the glory at the end anyways.

Considering Marvel has turned Scott Summers into the biggest ****ing psychopath in the Marvel Universe, if X3 came out today, I doubt anyone would care about him dying. Infact they would probably cheer.

I know I was pretty pissed at the time, but reading A vs. X last year, I was hoping Cap or Tony would put him out of his misery.

Considering Marvel has turned Scott Summers into the biggest ****ing psychopath in the Marvel Universe, if X3 came out today, I doubt anyone would care about him dying. Infact they would probably cheer.

I know I was pretty pissed at the time, but reading A vs. X last year, I was hoping Cap or Tony would put him out of his misery.
Marvel seems to make a lot of questionable decisions. If I'm correct, didnt they do something wrong with Iron Man before the first movie came out?

I think now he is more of a major villain in the Marvel Universe and honestly I'm loving it. Best thing to happen to the character in a long time, better as a villain than a hero unless its the younger Scott.

TDKR for me but I'm surprised its in the lead the amount of hate the film gets. But then looking at the list of alternatives and its not hard to see why I guess.

The third film really is the hardest it seems.

TDKR may get it's share of criticism, but not as much as the likes of Spider-Man 3, IM3, Superman 3 etc. So it's hardly surprising it's in the lead. Not to mention it's clearly not as bad as those movies are.

TDKR may get it's share of criticism, but not as much as the likes of Spider-Man 3, IM3, Superman 3 etc. So it's hardly surprising it's in the lead. Not to mention it's clearly not as bad as those movies are.

:up:

I think that's the greatest thing you've said about TDKR! Lol.

I think I am even leaning to having done things differently, such as taking away the entire exposition of Alfred explaining Bane's origins, the Pit, him being taught and then ex-communiated by the LoS...but that doesn't take away from the pure enjoyment I have of the film.

Imo, Bruce wakes up inside the Pit and finds out about the Pit/Bane's "home" from the very first time would've been better.

TDKR is a good movie, even if I am against certain decisions in it.

True. However looking at this list shows how the third movie can go so badly in many a trilogy for some films.

SM3 with the singing and the dancing!
Blade 3 has Jessica Biel
X3 had Vinnie Jones
IM3 and its Mandarin decision

Some truelly horrible third installments.

Last edited:
The Dark Knight Rises

It had its issues but it's miles ahead of X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, or Iron Man 3.

TDKR by far, though in my opinion it's not exactly great

IM3 is the only third installment that I would classify as a good film.

Every negative in TDKR was magnified in IM3 and then IM3 had some other negatives as well.

I say TDKR pretty easily even though if I had to rate it out of 10 I'd give it around a 7.5

Really I would vote superman returns since that really is the third film in the Donner series.

From the ones I have watched:
1. TDKR
2. IM3
3. TF: DOM
4. X-Men 3
5. SM3

LOOL meanwhile in the X-Men boards in comic book resources, Cap and Tony are referred to as fascists and mutant haters, etc. Perhaps they would care about Cyclops dying if X3 came out today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"