Best 3rd movie in a SH franchise?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Okay, I am doing this more out of curiosity than anything, as the 3rd movies seem to be the worst in Superhero franchises since we have been getting CB movies (at least until the 4th came out in a few cases).

I personally think the likes of X3 and Blade:Trinity were an embarrassment to SH movies, especially X3, which is a movie I actually physically hate.

Superman III, Batman Forever and to a lesser extent, Darkman 3 were all average at best IMO.

I personally think Spiderman 3, despite being heavily flawed, has more moments of greatness than all of the other 3rd entries put together, so I would put that at the top of my list. But as I said earlier I am curious about what others think so please, vote away, sorry in advance if I miss any.

Agreed..."Spider-Man 3" is the best, given the circumstances. It still suffers from the same 'threequel' problem that all of them face, but it doesn't suffer as much.

A 'lesser evil' sort of deal.

Last edited:
Spider-man 3. hopefully the third bale batman will be the first one considered great/good by the majority.The hype's gonna be insane, but the hype was insane for The Dark Knight, and that surpassed the hype.

^Hasnt the poll shown up yet, your votes dont seem to be on there.

Yes here's hoping Batman 3 exceeds all.

You forgot the immortally classic "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III" on your poll...not that THAT'S saying much lol

^Ah yes, knew I had forgotten one, I wonder if a mod could add it on for me?

They're all pretty dreadful. It's hard to pick one....

They havent been the best I agree, but Spiderman 3 had more moments of greatness than all of the others put together IMO.

Love these polls dont you Jamon :cwink:.

But yeah, its Spiderman 3 for me as well, its simply the best of a bad bunch.

^Ha ha yeah I do like them, no point in doing a 'Best 2nd SH movie in a franchise' is there?

I pick Spider-Man 3

It's sad that that's the best third movie in a SH franchise.... but all of the others are horrendous. SM3 was just mediocre

I thought SM3 was good, though flawed. Easily the best of this list.

Spidey 3. It's a shame that this is the kinda poll it is able to win. :(

Edit: Followed by Batman Forever.

Spider-Man 3. It was entertaining, all the others I haven't seen (& don't want to) or were boring because they were stupidified.

I'd actually say X3...first viewing thought it was alright...second and every other time I saw it until last sunday I hated it...sunday thought it was alright...

I was least disappointed with Blade 3 and it entertained me more than the other movies listed.

Thanks for reminding me about the Darkman sequels, I haven't seen them in years, I'll check them out before I vote.

I was least disappointed with Blade 3 and it entertained me more than the other movies listed.

I just watched that today, and I agree. I found it quite enjoyable. Not nearly on the level of the first film, but still...

X3 gets a great amount of undeserved hatred.

Wow...this is very hard. They are all terrible films!
I will probably have to say X-men 3 and Spider-man 3. Those were not only bad but they had my anticipation so watching it was an even bigger blow!

I don't get it, I don't think its hard to make X-men 3 and SM3 a good movie. Everything was set up in the first films....it should have been pretty easy to at least have a decent film.

I agree. The only things about X3, I really hate are that Cyclops dies and Rogue takes the cure. Fix those two things and it's really not that bad. Even Xavier's death at least has meaning. Spidey 3 is more infuriating due to:

-the public's love of spider-man. Annoying. He's not Superman.
-the underutilization of Venom. Should've been saved for the next film and just set up here.
-Goblin/Spidey teamup. Lame
-Amnesia
-Gwen Stacy is here because...why? She should've been in the first one but since she wasn't why bother?
-cgi goblin/peter fight had, well, too much cgi.
-Sandman giant monster is lame as is his sandcloud crap.
-Peter can take off the black suit anytime he wants instead of it actually being an symbiote...except when they wanted to reenact the church scene, THEN it sticks to him.

Spidey 3 isn't that bad, but X3 is better.

I just watched that today, and I agree. I found it quite enjoyable. Not nearly on the level of the first film, but still...
Yeah. Granted I've never read the Blade comics, but the semi-campiness that was in this movie worked for what it was and it fit with the first two movies as well.
Wrong.

Despite the villains, the plot and costumes, Batman Forever had an awesome Bruce Wayne, an interesting love-interest (though no Catwoman), and some killer lines.

That scene when Wayne describes his origin was great.

Obviously not the best, but well worth mentioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"