Best 2006 CB movie

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks is the best comic book movie for THIS YEAR only as opinions on all 3 CB movies from this year are very diversified.

I personally thought Superman Returns was the best CB movie this year, followed very closely by V For Vendetta and i thought X3 was terrible, but thats just me of course!

V for Vendetta is not only the best of 2006, it's one of the best comic book movies ever made.

V for Vendetta, no doubt.

I liked SR for what it was, I hated X3 for what it wasn't.

V for Vendetta not only wins due to poor competition but it's right up there for comic book movies. Terrific story, awesome performances (Weaving as V was a masterstroke) and a plot that was relevant 20 years ago still holds water to this day.

Superman Returns.
V For Vendetta was good, don't get me wrong, but I felt like they made it a bit too long in some parts. Natalie Portman disappointed me a bit as well. Hugo Weaving should win some sort of award for his portrayal of V, though. :up:
X-Men 3... yeah I'm just not going to get into that. :o

V for Vendetta, no doubt about it.

OtepApe said:
V for Vendetta, no doubt.

I liked SR for what it was, I hated X3 for what it wasn't.

V for Vendetta not only wins due to poor competition but it's right up there for comic book movies. Terrific story, awesome performances (Weaving as V was a masterstroke) and a plot that was relevant 20 years ago still holds water to this day.

I cannot disagree with one single word of what is above. Very well said.

I loved V, but thought SR was slightly better, yet hated X3

^That doesnt count as it wasnt made for a 2006 release almost 30 years ago! LOL

supes returns
but i haven't watched v yet so i'm not voting

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
^That doesnt count as it wasnt made for a 2006 release almost 30 years ago! LOL

And V for Vendetta was made for a 2005 release, it was just held back.

Why is X-men even up there? Oh...So we can make fun of it and tell it it sucks.
Superman Returns is the best one this year, With V for Vendetta only .0000000001 points behind it.

SpeedballLives said:
Superman Returns is the best one this year, With V for Vendetta only .0000000001 points behind it.
:up:

Keep voting people, i want as many votes on this as possible!

you do realize that after saturday night you might be getting write in votes for HELLBOY SWORD OF STORMS:hellboy:

A scene in V For Vendetta ALMOST moved me to tears. Everything from the build up of music and the performances of Portman and Weaving really got to me more than I thought it would. The differences from the graphic novel aside, it did a great job of setting the tone for the story and capturing the essence of the character.

I was more disappointed by X-Men 3 than hated it. It had its moments, moments I hade hoped Singer could have included in the first two films, especially the beginning of the final battle, with the bombastic theme playing and the arrival of the X-Men. It was one of the purest "comic book" moments
in the whole franchise, IMO. Still, a lot of wasted opportunities, but I by no means hated the film.

Superman Returns. . . .meh. It was more based on Donner's first movie, than the comics. They couldn't even see fit to include any small details comic fans would pick up on. When Superman needed to be hospitalized, why couldn't they incorporate STAR Labs? Or just the character of Dr. Hamilton?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"