Best action sequence of the year - 2007

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
When i totted them up there was a tie and actually enough for the 8 noms that i had originally said would make up the poll, so here we go. :D

transformers, all the way.

most of the other nominees are very good, but none of them hold a candle to any of the action scenes in transformers... especially on a plasma screen in HD-DVD.

Transformers suffered from too much going on with too much shakey cam action...and it was mostly CGI which really bugged me. You'd figure that since these were huge robots destroying mass amounts of landscape that they could zoom out a little to show the extent of the destruction.

I voted for Pirates Maelstrom.

F-35 vs McClane in the semi truck - Live Free or Die Hard

just edged out the final battle in TF for me.

Hard to choose. It was between Bourne and Transformers. Ultimately, Bourne won since it had one of the best hand-to-hand combat fights I've ever seen on film.

Transformers suffered from too much going on with too much shakey cam action...and it was mostly CGI which really bugged me. You'd figure that since these were huge robots destroying mass amounts of landscape that they could zoom out a little to show the extent of the destruction.

I had no idea what was going on. To me it just looked like a bunch of metal moving around with Shia running with a cube.

I think this year was actually weaker than last for good action sequences in truth, some of the best edited and shot action actually wasn't in the blockbusters.

Transformers...from the time they roll out from the dam, to "It's Starscream!"...oh yes :hehe:

Transformers ....

The scene with Megatron and Prime flying through the building was 'shot' of the year!

The Transformers battle was epic and delivered on so many levels . I thought the fight in bourne was also very good but i have seen things like that before . transformers sticks out in my mind .

It was between the LFODH one or Transformers.

I chose Transformers.

I picked the car chase in Death Proof. I wasn't impressed with TF final fight,was kindof lacking anything amazing. SM3 final fight was weak at best,and I haven't seen any of the HP movies..
I enjoyed Bourne,but the rooftop/fight scene was good,but not quite good as the car chase scene imo..

LOVE the avy Hunter :up: :up:

i had to vote Harry cause i felt way to much for Bourne and OPtimus so i had to choose a neutral.

i thought harry overcoming voldemort was a great scene . i also thought there were some great fight scenes between spiderman and sandman in spiderman 3.

i thought harry overcoming voldemort was a great scene . i also thought there were some great fight scenes between spiderman and sandman in spiderman 3.

I love that scene in OOTP, it was just great! Showcased Radcliffes acting talents.

F-35 vs McClane in the semi truck - Live Free or Die Hard

just edged out the final battle in TF for me.
Bravo! EDIT : Even if I voted the Maelstrom, lol! It's just that seeing how it was made through the documentary on disc 2...it simply blows my mind!

My vote goes to Harry vs. Peter in SM3...that battle was amazing, and I always wanted to see a good old Spidey aerial battle.

Beowulf vs the Dragon...imo, the most dynamic and suspenseful action sequence of this year.

the bourne chase shouldnt even be on the list....
i prefered the street gun battle between the main character and whats his name in No country for old men

but trans gets my vote... even though the camera was a tad too shakey at times.. it had its moments where the camera was pulled back or it went in slow-mo.

This is tough. In terms of best action scene, I think it'd go to Transformers. If its most enjoyable action scene, my vote would go to Hot Fuzz. The last half-hour of that movie is great.

The car chase from Death Proof. I really appreciate a good, old school, bare bones car chase.

Definately Transformers for me, the more you watch the sequence the more you notice little things that are simply stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"