Best action sequence of the year - 2007

Transformers, HP was also good.

I'll go for the Hot Fuzz shootout. It had Paul Freeman as a priest saying ''**** of grasshopper'' and grannies with guns.

too bad you left out the ice bear battle where Iorek rips off th evil ice bears jaw.

But Transformers is a good ride but maybe we should have waited for a poll until

A V P 2.

The Best Spiderman sequence was the finale with Spiderman, Sandman, Venom and Harry.

too bad you left out the ice bear battle where Iorek rips off th evil ice bears jaw.

But Transformers is a good ride but maybe we should have waited for a poll until

A V P 2.

I didn't leave out the Ice Bear sequence, no one nominated it, and AVP-R isn't out for most until next year so it'll be in the 2008 list if there are any scenes worthy.

Beowulf vs the Dragon...imo, the most dynamic and suspenseful action sequence of this year.

Oh man, I wish that was on the poll. I had more fun watching that scene than any other action sequence this year.

Hot Fuzz all the way. Hilarious AND Badass.

I'm giving it to Potter. I was incredibly disappointed in Transformers after all the hype it got. A close second would be Bourne Ultimatum, which was great.

!snap

WTF??? No 300?!?!?!

Spartans vs the Immoratals

King Leonidis vs pretty much anyone he fought is the 2007 Best action sequence

I'd say pretty much everything from the hour and a half point to the very end of Transformers qualifies.

WTF??? No 300?!?!?!

Spartans vs the Immoratals

King Leonidis vs pretty much anyone he fought is the 2007 Best action sequence

Good point. Another option I'd vote for over Transformers.

!snap

F-35 vs McClane in the semi truck - Live Free or Die Hard

just edged out the final battle in TF for me.

the reason this didn't work for me is cause I don't think this is the best action sequence in the movie

I thought the underground tunnel thing when they turn the lights off was just insane awesomeness, the F-35 was tight too

I don't think anything can hold up to the Malestorm, anything Transformers was spectacular but there was a problem of not being able to see everything a lot of the time. Voldermort v Dumbledore was great too, but the Pirates fight was amazing people swinging from ship to ship across a giant malestorm, swords left and right, Barbossa, Sparrow, Jones all at their most badass

the reason this didn't work for me is cause I don't think this is the best action sequence in the movie

I thought the underground tunnel thing when they turn the lights off was just insane awesomeness, the F-35 was tight too

I don't think anything can hold up to the Malestorm, anything Transformers was spectacular but there was a problem of not being able to see everything a lot of the time. Voldermort v Dumbledore was great too, but the Pirates fight was amazing people swinging from ship to ship across a giant malestorm, swords left and right, Barbossa, Sparrow, Jones all at their most badass

It may have been that i was bored with the film by the time the Maelstrom took place but all the comedy stuff during it with Elizabeth and will, along with it looking a bit fake really dropped it a few nothches for me.

After recently getting OOTP on DVD that scene with Voldemort vs. Dumbeldore/Harry is really powerful and well done. That gets my vote.

I don't see how the Transformers battle can be topped, considering all the action and mayhem that that one scene contained; i did enjoy the Jason Bourne Tangier fight.

1. Shootout in Hot Fuzz. Easily the most satisfying. Simply entertaining and the most surprising and the one that still brings a smile to my face.
2. Peter vs. Harry, Round 1: A classic ariel fight between Spidey and a goblin that we did not see in the first movie. More exhilerating and stunning than anything in Transformers, while being able to see what was going on and knowing who the characters are because they had more than five second introductions.
3. Rooftop chase Bourne Ultimatum: Kind of a repeat for the series, but easily the most suspenseful and intense of the choices.
4. McClaine vs. a jet: It's mother****in McClaine!
5. Dumbledore getting his magic smack on!

Now, I'd actually say that is not the best action sequence in Die Hard and there were other great sequences not on this list, but we'll leave it at that.

Dumbledore vs. Voldemort
I would have voted for Tangier rooftop chase/fight inThe Bourne Ultimatum or the Car chase from Deathproof, but seeing the two wizards fight in Imax was breathtaking.

My main problem with the Peter/Harry fight was that it looked like two rubber dolls bouncing around, then again nearly all the action in SM3 suffered from crappy CGI, only Sandman's CGI was good IMO. Transformers smoked it totally for me but i love the type of action that Die Hard 4 brought.

A V P 2.

Thanks for the spoilers, pal.

My vote goes to Harry Vs. Peter. I just loved that fight. Most of the stuff in Transformers was pretty cool too.

After recently getting OOTP on DVD that scene with Voldemort vs. Dumbeldore/Harry is really powerful and well done. That gets my vote.

I do think this is excellent, but it is just like the first obi-won darth vadar lightsaber battle, you could break it down to two guys just holding their arms outstretched with cgi coming out of it

it looks great though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"