Most Emotional/Moving CBM scenes

Nice call on V For Vendetta. I would also add the final five minutes of the movie from V's death to the credits.

Wow, great call people !

How did I miss V for Vendetta. Lots of emotional stuff, but Valerie's story
and Evey's liberation are pretty good, as is V's death.
Pretty emotional when V kills the Doctor " I killed you ten minutes ago."

maybe not "emotional" per se, but "Ideas are bulletproof" is still a great line.

I quite liked the final monologue "He was you, he was me, he was all of us." a lot more hopeful than Moore's original ending, and call me a sucker for happy endings (which this isn't really), but I prefer it ( here's a sin, I prefer Snyder/Tse's ending of Watchmen to the comic ending, because it makes more sense. Sorry Alan Moore !)
And of course when all the protestors remove their masks, you see the dead and disappeared among them, which is very symbollic.

Interesting that films in which the main character dies often end with their
death, but V dies well before the end, and it still really works.

Last edited:
Spider-Man 2: Peter being held by the subway passengers.

TASM: Peter listening to Uncle Ben's phone message.

Batman Begins: Alfred talking to Bruce in the elevator.

TDK: Harvey's conversation with Gordon in the hospital.

TDKR: Epilogue with Bruce/Alfred/Selina/Blake.

MoS: Majority of Clark's flashbacks, particularly the trucker scene for me personally for some reason.

Captain America:

Abraham Erskine: "Whatever happens tomorrow you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man"

So many....

All 3 end sequences of the Nolan Batman films, particularly Begins with Gordons' 'I never said thank you', 'You'll never have too' Batman response, perfectly sums up their relationship in one sentence. Just brilliantly put together sequences, all of them.

MOS - Lois and Clark in desert / end sequence, particularly Jonathan looking at his son in garden realising what his son would go onto achieve.

These primarily, but ASM too with Garfield and Stone's interaction.

Captain America:

Abraham Erskine: "Whatever happens tomorrow you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man"

And he did. The world changes but he doesn't!

It's been said a few times but Superman's reaction to Lois' death in STM gets me every time. That little noise he makes after he kisses her and her head falls....:csad:

The handshake in Days of Future Past.

"All those years fighting each other, Charles. To have a precious few back."

Any scene between Fassbender and Mcavoy is always emotional for me, as both were great friends, and it is their ideals (which are presented in a fashion that one can see from both sides) that tragically tear them apart. A scene in particular is the plane scene in Days of Future Past. Also, in First Class, any scene when they're interacting is gold.

Marvel
Captain America The Winter Soldier-Bucky vs Cap
The Avengers-Old man in Germany telling Loki that no one bows to men like him as well as Cap appearing after.
The Avengers-Tony's speech about how "If we can't protect the Earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it"
The Avengers-Circle shot

DC
Superman: The Movie: Superman saves the Helicopter
Batman Begins: Batman reveals himself to Falcone yelling "I'm Batman!" and strings him into a makeshift Batsignal.
The Dark Knight-Batman takes the fall for Dent
Man of Steel-Superman vs The World Engine
Man of Steel-Zod vs Superman and death scene

Last edited:
Superman

- Kal El and Jor El's conversation in the Fortress after Kal's first appearance as Superman
- Superman finding Lois' dead body in the car

Superman 2

- Clark and Lois' conversation near the end

Batman Returns

- "We're the same Selina."

Batman Begins

- "Alfred... It's my fault."

The Dark Knight

- The final confrontation between Harvey, Gordon and Batman

The Dark Knight Rises

- Bruce finally climbing out of the prison

Spider-Man

- Peter and Aunt May's conversation regarding Uncle Ben
- "Peter... Don't tell Harry."

Spider-Man 2

- The train passengers carrying Spider-Man.
- "I AM NOT A MONSTER!"

The Amazing Spider-Man

- Captain Stacy's death
- Gwen and Peter's argument near the end

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

- Gwen Stacy's death

X-Men

- Logan letting Rogue absorb his power

X2

- Jean's sacrifice

X3

- Xavier's "death"

X-Men First Class

- Rage and Serenity
- The end of the beach scene

X-Men Days of Future Past

- Young Xavier and old Xavier meeting
- Logan waking up to the happy future

Iron Man

- "Don't waste it. Don't waste your life Stark."
- "You're all I've got too you know?"

Iron Man 3

- "Here's where you wrong. She was already perfect."

Thor

- "TELL ME!"
- "No. I'm sorry. Thank you for coming."
- Thor sacrificing himself to the Destroyer
- "You've already made me proud."

Thor The Dark World

- Frigga's funeral
- "I didn't do it for him."

Captain America The First Avenger

- "Whatever happens tomorrow you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man"
- Erskine's death
- Steve and Peggy's final conversation

Captain America The Winter Soldier

- Steve and Peggy's reunion
- Fury's "death"
- Cap's speech to the whole of SHIELD
- "Then finish it. Cause I'm with you to the end of the line."

Avengers

- Thor and Loki's talk on the mountain

I was just about to create a thread like this.

I'm putting Rorschach's death in "The Watchmen" as my #1. Him screaming at Oz to kill him already. I think it's remarkable I felt so sentimental about a character that is not your typical hero.

My #2 is definitely similar, but it's the Cap/TWS scrap at the end of CA:TWS. The look on the face of TWS after Cap tells him he's with him til the end of the line and then falls slowly down into the water with those piano keys barely playing in the background.

Great stuff.

Cool! just a few

Iron Man
When tony tells a dying yinsen you cant die! you have to see your family and Yinsen tells him that he is!
Thor
"Brother! if i have wronged you in anyway! my life is yours!"
That ^&*is sad!
Punisher
sitting in the room with a gun and a bottle of whiskey and the band seether's "Broken" playing thinking about his family!
Dark knight Rises
Batman's "a hero can be anybody! even if its just a man who puts his coat around a little boy and tells him he is going to be alright!"
X-men 2
Wolverine holding back Cyclops and he's yelling No! No! when hes trying to get off the blackbird not wanting to hear about jean!
That %^ was really sad!
Avengers
the waitress at the end telling the news crew captain America saved her life! he saved all of us!!

Last edited:
Yeah, the last 15 minutes or so of "TASM2" was the first CBM to make me cry, very powerful way to end it, really well executed. My top moment in any CBM.

I honestly cannot think of any other CBM's that made me respond emotionally in that way, usually I just go to be excited. Something will come to mind soon for sure though

One of the reason I love asm2 so much. I have now seen it 3 times and I ever time I just about to start to cry. No CBM has made me fell so much emtions like this movie.

I am not a fan of Superman Returns, however it has one of my favorite scenes, the one with Superman and Lois in the sky and he tells her,
"You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but everyday I hear people crying for one."
That scene always gets me.

Rorschach's death and Nite-Owl's reaction.

Harvey Dent seeing that Batman has come for him and the events that lead up to Rachel's death. Aaron Eckhart was brilliant in that scene.

Uncle Ben's speech to Peter....then Peter telling him that he's Spider-Man no more.

Captain America and Peggy Carter talking at the end of TFA.

X-2: X-Men united. Jean Grays death and Xavier's speech at the end.

These are just a few.

Batman Begins - That look of concern Alfred has on his face when Bruce is freaking out in the back seat of the car. I just think Caine just nailed the emotion of a scared parent without saying a single word.

The Dark Knight Rises - seeing that broken, older version of Bruce putting everything on the line and climbing out of the pit without the rope. "What does that mean?" "Rise" - The chanting, the bats flying out - just an amazing scene.

Also, for me personally, Bruce's first appearance in the film when he shoots that arrow, and you see him limping with a cane, with that music in the background, with that lighting, and in that state....incredible. There's so much going on at the start of the film, and then we finally see Bruce, with him limping, and hearing "is that what they say about me?"...I had goosebumps. Part of this is due to the incredibly long wait for the film, the huge anticipation, and Nolan holding off that first Bruce scene. It is something else in an IMAX cinema. That scene moved me more than many of the Oscar-winning dramas I have seen :funny:

I always found Wolverine and Cyclops' reaction to Jean's death in X2 very emotional. That was an excellent scene, and there are very few scenes in comic book films that are nearly as intense as that one.

Alfred crying in TDKR is another emotionally heavy scene.

Like James mentioned, Bruce climbing out of the pit is another great scene.

BB has some very emotionally heavy scenes as well. A lot of it is with the help of the film's cast and Zimmer/Newton Howard's score. I love that scene between Bruce and Ra's by the campfire. Bruce telling Rachel he was going to shoot his parents' killer and then throwing the weapon into the water.

Man, thinking back to all of this just reminds me how ****ing good TDK trilogy was.

^ Wolverine saying "She's gone, she's gone" (almost saying it to himself to make himself believe it) and them pretty much hugging in their grief. That was heart-wrenching.

I am not a fan of Superman Returns, however it has one of my favorite scenes, the one with Superman and Lois in the sky and he tells her,
"You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior, but everyday I hear people crying for one."
That scene always gets me.

That's dialogue Gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackburton82
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"