Best CBM "Couple"

I felt that way about her role in Career Opportunities.

I have fond memories of being an easily aroused twelve year old watching that movie lol

Oh yeah, that mechanical horse. They knew all they needed was to stick a couple seconds of that in the trailer and.........TICKET SOLD!

After thinking about this for a bit I ended up voting for Peter/Gwen. It came down to them and Tony/Pepper. Although I think Tony/Pepper had the best overall relationship...something we saw grow over the course of 3 movies, well, 3 1/4 if you count their rather small appearance together in the Avengers; small but effective. That being said, Peter/Gwen had the strongest raw chemistry even after only one movie and something I think will only get better with further installments.

After thinking about this for a bit I ended up voting for Peter/Gwen. It came down to them and Tony/Pepper. Although I think Tony/Pepper had the best overall relationship...something we saw grow over the course of 3 movies, well, 3 1/4 if you count their rather small appearance together in the Avengers; small but effective. That being said, Peter/Gwen had the strongest raw chemistry even after only one movie and something I think will only get better with further installments.

I agree with this. :up:

The chemistry between Gwen and Peter felt 'real'. Put it this way, when pictures of them dating started leaking out, it wasn't exactly a surprise was it?

The Bat and Cat in TDKR. They were both wanting a fresh start from their obvious opposite paths in life.

1. Peggy/Steve are my favorite couple. The way that she started to like him even before he became CA was the moment I was sold. The ending tho...I cried so hard. So tragic and heartbreaking.

2. Tony and Pepper. *They just felt like a couple. *They had that easygoing banter that a lot of real couples have.

3. Gwen and Peter. I'm not really a fan but cannot deny the chemistry.

4. Catwoman/Batman.

5. Bruce and Betty.

I don't care for any of the other pairings. Thor and Jane would be the absolute last pairing on my list. I did not buy that romance in any way.

Marc Webb will be screwed because whoever the girl is who ends up playing MJ(if the rumors are true about Shailene being totally out), the chances are very low that the chemistry will be the same as it is with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone as Pete and Gwen.

The main problem with that is that you don't want the audience thinking Peter was meant to be with Gwen, if not for her death. The love of Peter's life needs to be Mary Jane Watson. I will not be happy if she just comes off as 'the replacement.'

Well said...

Steve and peggy closely followed by tony and pepper

The main problem with that is that you don't want the audience thinking Peter was meant to be with Gwen, if not for her death. The love of Peter's life needs to be Mary Jane Watson. I will not be happy if she just comes off as 'the replacement.'

It's been suggested in the comics that she was the replacment I'm afraid...

I had to go with Garfield/Stone. I loved Ed Norton/Liv Tyler but its just so unrequited. Banner goes into hiding and their love is put on ice. Not that Peter and Gwen's fate will be much better.

To make myself feel better I'll rank the ones listed:

1. Andrew Garfield/Emma Stone (Marc Webb knows his young love. And probably loss. :/ Not to mention great chemistry here)
2. Ed Norton/Liv Tyler (unapologetically passionate and emotionally-strung. But unrequited in an unfortunate way)
3. RDJ/Gwyneth Paltrow (Felt real, despite all the craziness in their lives their relationship felt grounded)
4. Chris Evans/Hayley Atwell (Short, sweet. Also unrequited. Never to be requited. :( Shame that)
5. Henry Cavill/Amy Adams (Surprisingly appealing. Best incarnation of Superman love I've seen)
6. Bale/Hathaway (Decent. Nothing too too special)
7. Keaton/Pfiefer (Classic, fun)
8. Hemsworth/Portman (rushed, unrealistic, but cute)
9. Bale/Homes/Gyllenhaal (meh.)
10. Maguire/Dunst (Awful in many ways. Awkward and too much of the trilogy's focus.)

Honorable mentions:
*Hellboy & Liz Sherman* (particularly in Hellboy II)
*Xavier & McTaggart* (am I the only one who saw it?)
*Hawkeye & Black Widow* (!!! cannot wait to see more)

Rottenest eggs:
#BDH's Gwen Stacy/Eric Foreman's Eddie Brock# and all that love quadrangle nonsense.
#Reed Richards and Jessica Alba# BLEH hit me in the eyes with an iron poker. NEXT!
#Shadowcat/Iceman/Rogue# What a waste of Ellen Page. Stick her with Colossus for cripes sake.

Last edited:

Both are equally the love of his life. He would have probably been with Gwen had it not been for her death but I wouldn't say that means MJ is just a backup plan. He loved them both equally.

The character was with Gwen a short time, they became estranged, and then she died. Her death was a major event in the history of the comics, but she never really did much as a character. Some have said the only interesting thing she ever did was die, and it is hard to disagree with them.

That is no comparison to the 40 year history the character has had with MJ. Gwen was dead within eight.

Last edited:
The character was with Gwen a short time, they became estranged, and then she died. Her death was a major event in the history of the comics, but she never really did much as a character. Some have said the only interesting thing she ever did was die, and it is hard to disagree with them.

That is no comparison to the 40 year history the character has had with MJ. Gwen was dead within eight.

How about they make an interesting character in the movies? And yet Peter still have time to get to know MJ and she becomes more than a replacement? Good thing about movie adaptations from long running comic book series is that things can be improved.

How about they make an interesting character in the movies? And yet Peter still have time to get to know MJ and she becomes more than a replacement? Good thing about movie adaptations from long running comic book series is that things can be improved.

That's what I want. What I was saying is that they have to get MJ right otherwise everything after Gwen's death will fall flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"