The Dark Knight Rises Best versions of Bane!

Bacne lol

You can't deny this section of the boards is entertaining.

Where's the dude who proclaimed he could beat Tom Hardy ?

Or the guy with the fake girlfriend who said Anne Hathaway needed to lose 30 pounds. :hehe:

Or the guy with the fake girlfriend who said Anne Hathaway needed to lose 30 pounds. :hehe:

I didn't had the chance to met that lovely chap. How was it discovered he had a fake gf ? :funny:

The single most significant change to the major characters in the films from my point of view is not having Bruce and Talia get involved before the death of Ra's. That fundamentally changes her character and the relationship between the three of them.

The Lazarus Pit being removed was a pretty big change, but I thought it was pretty clever how Nolan paid homage to it and Ra's 'immortality' so it didn't end up bothering me much.

As for Bane, how he is escapes the prison is pretty insignificant. Dumping the Venom was a bigger change, but the gas mask rendering Bane immune to pain is functionally the same gimmick.

Agreed on all counts. Yes, Talia does feel a bit of a lost opportunity in BOTH The Dark Knight Rises AND Batman Begins. I felt her absence diminished some of the depth between Bruce and Ra's in Begins, and likewise her late entrance into Rises also made her relationship with Bruce nothing short of a con. It makes for a nice twist (and unless you absolutely must have a villain be a strong male, then that twist is going to really piss you off), but as a character, it makes her rather inconsequential to both Bruce and the journey.

But as for Bane, I agree the gas mask is a similar, more grounded gimmick, and comes with a far cooler mask and character design. And again, the other trade-off is that this Bane almost single-handedly turns Gotham into No Man's Land and a third world collapsed state. That is simply a more audacious and ambitious concept than in the comics where all he wants to do is become a gangster--in Arkham Origins he never breaks the bat, so he never gets that far.

All of these are positive changes.

1) Tom Hardy/Nolanverse
2) Arkham Origins (before Titan)
3) Batman TAS.

Alright Alright, let's end the feud over the short-Bane here. Let's talk about why the AO Bane is the second best version everyone else's opinion. I also happened to love how Bane was portrayed in "Over the Edge"

I did like him in Over the Edge, which is one of my favorite episodes of TNAS. Unfortunately, it turns out to be a dream. But it is a great what if episode. I love when Gordon comes into the Batcave and confronts Bruce throughout about what is a really horrible thing. Batman is Gordon's friend, and he is sneaking out with his daughter to fight crime? When you look at from being in Gordon's shoes, doesn't look too good. No it does not.

As for Bane, how he is escapes the prison is pretty insignificant.

No it's not. Bane escaping from the worst prison in the world is his first significant victory and show of inner strength as a character. Followed by learning Batman's identity for himself. And finally wearing down and breaking Batman.

All three of which are missing from Nolan's Bane.

Dumping the Venom was a bigger change, but the gas mask rendering Bane immune to pain is functionally the same gimmick.

Who says Bane is immune to pain in TDKR? I thought the function of the mask to keep the pain from the facial injuries he got in the pit at bay. Not to make him totally immune to feeling any pain at all. I must have missed the dialogue that said it did that.

Also that photo is shopped (bane is supposed to be looking at his eyes...)

Even tough ben mendelsohn might actually be taller than tom hardy.

Yeah, of course it's photoshopped. Look at Dagget's neck. :funny: Ben Mendelsohn is taller than Hardy, hence the photoshop. That's what it looks like.

:doh:

Why do i even bother..he's a big guy, get over it.

Like i said, if you dont think Hardy was huge IN THE MOVIE then you must be the size of the Rock or something. Or you're trying too hard to hate every little thing about the movie to the point where you're starting to believe your own rubbish.

Just because you say he is (in TDKR), doesn't mean he is.

Also, I wasn't cast as Batman's physical nemesis, Bane.

Yeah seriously milost, I've never seen you bring up Hardy's size once until this thread. I can only assume that this isn't something you actually care about too much, and this is merely you finding a new way to feed your TDKR-hate addiction.

You're right Lobster. I was having a bit of fun (and I noticed you were too, this is good) until shauner took it all personally. I thought that gif would lighten things up, but nah, we go straight to "RAHH RAHH, MR. HARDY IS BIG". Just look back at that. My posts were relatively harmless, then shauner gets all upset of the mere mention of TDKR Bane being perceived as a little man and throws down the "fanboy" card.

Who's the fanboy? The haters or the defenders?

Last edited:
I don't think Bane looks "little" in TDKR, but apart from the sewer scene and Daggett's death where they make him look like a looming giant, it's pretty obvious he's not any bigger than Batman.

Hardy gained a lot of weight, but he was buffer in Warrior. Warrior he's in good shape. TDKR he's just bulky and then wears bulky clothes to accentuate it, and they film him--inconsistently--from camera angles and forced perspectives to try to make him look tall, but it's obvious for much of the movie that he isn't.

Hardy is shorter than any of the guys in TDKR except Gary Oldman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and he's not any taller than them.

Last edited:
You're right Lobster. I was having a bit of fun (and I noticed you were too, this is good) until shauner took it all personally. I thought that gif would lighten things up, but nah, we go straight to "RAHH RAHH, MR. HARDY IS BIG". Just look back at that. My posts were relatively harmless, then shauner gets all upset of the mere mention of TDKR Bane being perceived as a little man and throws down the "fanboy" card.

Who's the fanboy? The haters or the defenders?

Believe me milost, I'm happy to move on and forget about it, but just from an observational standpoint, saying things like "puny little ****" just feels like instigating. 'Sall I'm saying. Doesn't feel like "fun". Sometimes tone and sarcasm levels can be hard to tricky to detect online, but given that you're you, it's not exactly shocking that people would take it at face value. Say whatever you want (within the forum rules), but don't fake being surprised when you get the exact reaction you're looking for with certain types of comments.

And you mean to tell me if someone on the Batworld boards started talking about how "Keaton was a puny little ****" that they wouldn't be met with defense, outrage, etc.? We're all fanboys for something here. I've seen you make some lengthy, novelistic defenses for so many things in Batman 89 (many of them that I enjoyed and agreed with I might add), so you can't sit here and have me think that there's anything inherently wrong with defending something that you love.

I think it should be said that what matters is what we see in the movie, not in reality. If you complain about Tom Hardy's true size, then you should be really *****ing about the fact that Christian Bale doesn't actually fight crime. Movies are magic shows. Don't be that guy.

Yeah seriously milost, I've never seen you bring up Hardy's size once until this thread. I can only assume that this isn't something you actually care about too much, and this is merely you finding a new way to feed your TDKR-hate addiction.

It's either that, or you're just another self-proclaimed fitness expert on a superhero message board. I'm actually trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

I was hoping Shika would be wrong, but it took less than a page for this thread to go downhill.

Honestly, I think it is done out of him being annoyed too.

Consider despite he and the haters turning EVERY SINGLE THREAD in this forum into them ganging up on their hate for how TDKR is just simply terrible in every single regard...

So terrible that they still say that the fan community is EQUALLY divided over liking or hating TDKR....

...After all that, nearly two years later of them turning this board into a land of trolling, they still get smacked with a dose of reality when nearly 2/3 of the posts in this thread are in favor of TDKR's quality.

That has got to sting.

For the record, from a physical standpoint, I thought Hardy looked adequate in TDKR, and I think posts calling him "puny" are silly hyperbole. I do find it kind of ironic he's been buffer in previous roles than he was as Bane (though I've heard Hardy didn't have much time to prepare), and it's pretty obvious in the movie he's not any bigger than Batman, but I have bigger issues with Bane and the movie overall than his physical size.

I think it should be said that what matters is what we see in the movie, not in reality. If you complain about Tom Hardy's true size, then you should be really *****ing about the fact that Christian Bale doesn't actually fight crime. Movies are magic shows. Don't be that guy.
:up:

And thanks Lobster for coming to my defense. You dont need to but thanks anyway bud. Milost is just a major troll. I shouldn't have fed into his b.s, but i wasn't in the mood earlier.

For the record, from a physical standpoint, I thought Hardy looked adequate in TDKR, and I think posts calling him "puny" are silly hyperbole. I do find it kind of ironic he's been buffer in previous roles than he was as Bane (though I've heard Hardy didn't have much time to prepare), and it's pretty obvious in the movie he's not any bigger than Batman, but I have bigger issues with Bane and the movie overall than his physical size.
He actually weighed more as Bane than he did in Bronson or Warrior. He confirmed that. It's just that Nolan wanted him to be more of a bruiser type not Mr. Universe or someone who trains for the MMA. He's definitely bigger than Bale, he even said that Bale looked much smaller next to him but when he's Batman that's a different story because of the suit. But yes he's not as toned as he was in Warrior. He looked crazy in that.

Believe me milost, I'm happy to move on and forget about it, but just from an observational standpoint, saying things like "puny little ****" just feels like instigating. 'Sall I'm saying. Doesn't feel like "fun".

Now, that wasn't my initial statement was it? No, I said the box thing in jest (even though it's most likely true). Shauner was all serious about it and going off on ganon51. Other members hypothesized that it would lead to that, and it has! That was before I ever even "got serious".

What does Shauner expect to be met with after stating that someone's opinion is "ridiculous" or "fanboy nonsense"? He'll be met back with it to the same degree. Why not? Why shouldn't that be expected? After the "puny little ____", I ended it humorously with "DAT DAGGET". Then I saw Shauner still taking offense to it and threw up the Joker gif. He still wasn't having it, so I played his game and took the role of the "cynical weight lifting fanboy that thinks he's bigger than Mr. Hardy, bro".

BSometimes tone and sarcasm levels can be hard to tricky to detect online, but given that you're you, it's not exactly shocking that people would take it at face value. Say whatever you want (within the forum rules), but don't fake being surprised when you get the exact reaction you're looking for with certain types of comments.

Not at this point. Maybe you, but Shauner was having none of it. Not with comments like "You know im right, that's why you answer with sarcastic gifs and on-set pics of Hardy when he's at his smallest".

Then I answer "serious" and still get angry posts? What should I do then? It's literally a situation of being damned if you do, damned if you don't. Maybe I shouldn't reply at all? Keep my mouth shut? Then why is it that people get accused of "spending time hating on TDKR to bring it down", while others are constantly going to it's rescue to bring it up? How is one more appropriate than the other. Should there only be positive things? Why?

And you mean to tell me if someone on the Batworld boards started talking about how "Keaton was a puny little ****" that they wouldn't be met with defense, outrage, etc.? We're all fanboys for something here. I've seen you make some lengthy, novelistic defenses for so many things in Batman 89 (many of them that I enjoyed and agreed with I might add), so you can't sit here and have me think that there's anything inherently wrong with defending something that you love.

Keaton is small. He's around Hardy's height and isn't a big guy. He may have a powerful presence as Batman (I think he does), but he ain't big.

People have gone into there before saying those type of things, it's something that's mentioned every so often. I think I honestly just shrug. You think Keaton is puny and small? Fine. I don't think I've ever ridiculed someone for that opinion and state they're "ridiculous" or "fanboys" for thinking that. Keaton ISN'T a big guy. I wouldn't rage, I haven't raged. Hell, there was the discussion about the Ray Charles Cathedral thug (I'm pretty sure Shauner took part in that convo there too) and I never had a fit at any of the accusations that Batman was weak. I just made the analysis that, "hey, he was beat up from the plane crash". I've made long defenses about other aspects, but that was mostly story. I had fun in those too with like, the Vicki/Blake/In my bones stuff.

Last edited:
Hardy's best physical assets at making himself seem bigger than he is are his naturally broad shoulders and wide back.

His arms aren't very big in TDKR unless he purposefully flexes them, and his chest and stomach aren't very toned. He's just bulky and gained weight, not buff like he was in Warrior.

tom-hardy-warrior-shirtless-1.jpg

And thanks Lobster for coming to my defense. You dont need to but thanks anyway bud. Milost is just a major troll. I shouldn't have fed into his b.s, but i wasn't in the mood earlier.

:whatever:

Oh yeah, it's all me. I'm a troll. I see this constantly thrown at Travesty who is pretty much the fun, class clown of the group and means absolutely NO harm. What's next? The Joker is a troll for making thoughtful posts about why he dislikes something? What was I supposed to do? I make an off hand comment, it gets your panties in a bunch. I throw up a gif, it pisses you off. I speak my thoughts and "get real", you still aren't having it.

Face it, if anyone has anything negative to say, you pop in and can't handle it and spew the same amount of hyperbole. You do it every time! This time it wasn't even me who started out and you took offense to it. You throw out comments like "FANBOY", when you're the one who is being a fanboy! That's why this whole thing started. I was calling you out after you kept going even after the smallest, infantile posts were being made.

Either grow a thicker skin or put up with the discussion. I've never resorted to calling other users in this community a troll because they throw up something that I don't agree with or don't like.

Now, that wasn't my initial statement was it? No, I said the box thing in jest (even though it's most likely true). Shauner was all serious about it and going off on ganon51. Other members hypothesized that it would lead to that, and it has! That was before I ever even "got serious".

What does Shauner expect to be met with after stating that someone's opinion is "ridiculous" or "fanboy nonsense"? He'll be met back with it to the same degree. Why not? Why shouldn't that be expected?

After the "puny little ____", I ended it humorously with "DAT DAGGET". Then I saw Shauner still taking offense to it and threw up the Joker gif. He still wasn't having it, so I played his game and took the role of the "cynical weight lifting fanboy that thinks he's bigger than Mr. Hardy, bro".

Not at this point. Maybe you, but Shauner was having none of it. Not with comments like "You know im right, that's why you answer with sarcastic gifs and on-set pics of Hardy when he's at his smallest".

Then I answer "serious" and still get angry posts? What should I do then? It's literally a situation of being damned if you do, damned if you don't. Maybe I shouldn't reply at all? Keep my mouth shut? Then why is it I get accused of "spending time hating on TDKR to bring it down", while others are constantly going to it's rescue to bring it up? How is one more appropriate than the other.

Keaton is small. He's around Hardy's height and isn't a big guy. He may have a powerful presence as Batman (I think he does), but he ain't big.

People have gone into there before saying those type of things, it's something that's mentioned every so often. I think I honestly just shrug. You think Keaton is puny and small? Fine. I don't think I've ever ridiculed someone for that opinion and state they're "ridiculous" or "fanboys" for thinking that. Keaton ISN'T a big guy. I wouldn't rage, I haven't raged.

Hell, there was the discussion about the Ray Charles Cathedral thug (I'm pretty sure Shauner took part in that convo there too) and I never had a fit at any of the accusations that Batman was weak. I just made the analysis that, "hey, he was beat up from the plane crash". I've made long defenses about other aspects, but that was mostly story. I had fun in those too with like, the Vicki/Blake/In my bones stuff.
Because it's true. Me and others have noticed that when you're put in your place, you choose not to respond unless it's with sarcastic gifs and remarks. Saying he was "puny" like Blitzkrieg said, is nothing but trolling or fanboy crap. Ridiculous, the definition of it.

Now having fun? OK fine, but with you it's hard to tell. Oh you threw a DAT DAGGETT at the end there, so what? You did that kind of **** in every post. You're like one of those weird obsessive dudes who pop into each thread about the movie that he hates, 2 years later, and see that people are talking about that movie in a positive light, so you interrupt with insults about the movie because u can't take the fact that ppl enjoy something that you hate. I forget who it was, i think it was DA who said that he loves Spidey the most, hated Amazing Spider-Man but he doesn't go into those threads insulting the movie every day of the week. When you hate something, you move on, it's done with. But you just troll. You dont try to have serious discussions. You come in, pollute the air with your hatred for the movie then you check out. And you do it over and over again. It's all trolling. Starting a thread about TDKR "vote if you enjoy it" or whatever you said then ending it with "Hate it?"....then saying you're just making a list "Travesty, you dont want to be on that list!". Are you Steve Buscemi? Are you making a list of people that love the movie? Lmao.

I should find a movie that you absolutely love, that i cant stand, and ill troll the hell out of it. See how that feels. But i wont. At least when i diss Burton's movies in those threads, i take long hiatus' from it when i get the hint that im interrupting their little love-talks. Plus i still enjoy those movies and i go out of my way to mention the things i adore about em'. You came in here months ago and said TDKR was still a good movie, nowadays you just say that you hate every single element about it, so of course it comes as trolling.

Don't try to be Trav, he's the master at what he does. You're not him. Joker is no troll. He never trolls anybody. When he hates on something he does it with thought. You come in and say stupid things like Bane is puny, which is the same fanboy complaints as Catwoman had no whip! Joker isn't permawhite? Keaton isn't big enough! Like Jett (a-hole or not) from Batman on film says..that's the classic fanboy attitude that gets "fanboys" a bad name nowadays. Gal Gadot is too skinny! Saying Hardy doesn't look big in the movie is trolling at its finest. You need glasses bub.

Trust me i have an insane sense of humor, but im in a messageboard so it's hard to detect sometimes when a person is trolling or just having some fun. Even if you are now, how am i supposed to know when you use the same approach in every single post.

Because it's true. Me and others have noticed that when you're put in your place, you choose not to respond unless it's with sarcastic gifs and remarks. Saying he was "puny" like Blitzkrieg said, is nothing but trolling or fanboy crap. Ridiculous, the definition of it.

Huh? So far there's only been that Johnathan Nolan quote. That's it. I haven't found it and I'm not spewing, "NO, I'M RITE, HAHAHA FANBOYS". I even admitted that I could very well be wrong. I even responded to the inquiries I DIDN'T EVEN SEE AT THE TIME. What do you want me to do? PM everyone and say, "oh, I might be/am wrong about this" and kiss your ass? Please tell me.

So far, most of these discussions have been based on purely subjective feelings on whatever we're talking about. I see it as white, you see it as black. That doesn't make me "wrong". That goes to for voices (whether you think a voice is cool), character, story, ACTORS, everything. I haven't thrown those gifs up because I'm at a loss for words, I try to make light of it. I'm not the one who goes looking for bad blood between you guys, that's ALL you.

I haven't agreed with pretty much anything DACrowe said, from Spider-Man 2 to TDKR, but I do get a sense that we're on the same level of interests and intelligence so I don't see them "as an enemy". Yet, now it's devolved into a troll hunt. I don't view you guys as trolls when you're constantly coming out of the woodwork to defend something you like with fevor and long rants. How come it can't apply to us guys that are the opposite? Why? It's obnoxious for me to come into a thread and state why something is "bad" or "stupid" ad nauseum but it's perfectly acceptable to have nothing but glowing praise? WHY?

I shouldn't be accused of going on and on when we've all done it for the most part. You give and you take. You say I'm "feeding you", when you started it? That's not fair at all.

Now having fun? OK fine, but with you it's hard to tell. Oh you threw a DAT DAGGETT at the end there, so what? You did that kind of **** in every post. You're like one of those weird obsessive dudes who pop into each thread about the movie that he hates, 2 years later, and see that people are talking about that movie in a positive light, so you interrupt with insults about the movie because u can't take the fact that ppl enjoy something that you hate.

I only post in the Batman section, that is all. I'll give you that. But so what? I lurk the hell out of the Batman and Superman section and come close to posting in there . . . but just can't. So what?

This section is where the bulk of discussions come from for me. It's at the heart of it. Why can't I post here? It's not like I just hate and hate and hate in this thread alone. I go off to Batman world, discuss things there. Hell, I'm pretty pumped about there being new merchandise out for some Batman related things, but there's nobody really to discuss it with.

What do you want me to do?

I forget who it was, i think it was DA who said that he loves Spidey the most, hated Amazing Spider-Man but he doesn't go into those threads insulting the movie every day of the week. When you hate something, you move on, it's done with. But you just troll. You dont try to have serious discussions. You come in, pollute the air with your hatred for the movie then you check out. And you do it over and over again. It's all trolling. Starting a thread about TDKR "vote if you enjoy it" or whatever you said then ending it with "Hate it?"....then saying you're just making a list "Travesty, you dont want to be on that list!". Are you Steve Buscemi? Are you making a list of people that love the movie? Lmao.

And I told DA the same thing I'll say here. I'm really only interested in talking about Batman. TDKR just so happens to be PART of that on here. Where do most of the discussions of interest happen, right in here.

I lurk other places on the boards. I love Breaking Bad, I enjoy the TV Misc. and Movie Misc. section. I follow those parts. But I'm not about to post in there too. I don't know if you noticed, but ALL we do on these message boards is talk about the same crap. "Oh Robocop is great", "No it sucks". Walking Dead. Batman vs. Superman. FREAKING MANIP BATMAN COSTUMES. Trunks vs no trunks, colors. It's the same BS all the time and we're all guilty of it. If I'm going to discuss things, I'm only going to put my time and energy into one, that's this section. I'd go bonkers if I argued my points and feelings in every damn thing I have an interest in.

That thread I made? What the hell? The title originally had something like "Hate it? Love it? Feel meh?" at the end. The board could only fit so many words and chopped it down. If you even look, I tried to edit it out the DAY I made it to try and have the appropriate title and it changed in the intial post, but didn't change the viewing thread. That's the second paranoid/disillusion thing I've seen thrown my way. What's funny is, we're always daring other members to "throw a poll" up. "Oh yeah, you feel that way, so make a poll". Then I actually do it for ****s and giggles and I'm accused of having some hidden agenda? Are you serious?

That's why I made those comments in there (that I know Batlobster "got" and took lightly) and had fun of it. There WAS no reason for it. Half the things we talk about and go in circles about is for absolutely nothing when you think of it . . . yet, here we still are.

Don't try to be Trav, he's the master at what he does. You're not him. Joker is no troll. He never trolls anybody. When he hates on something he does it with thought. You come in and say stupid things like Bane is puny, which is the same fanboy complaints as Catwoman had no whip! Joker isn't permawhite? Keaton isn't big enough! Like Jett (a-hole or not) from Batman on film says..that's the classic fanboy attitude that gets "fanboys" a bad name nowadays. Gal Gadot is too skinny! Saying Hardy doesn't look big in the movie is trolling at its finest. You need glasses bub.

Trust me i have an insane sense of humor, but im in a messageboard so it's hard to detect sometimes when a person is trolling or just having some fun. Even if you are now, how am i supposed to know when you use the same approach in every single post.

Well then, maybe I've over stayed my welcome. I'm done.

Even though we all have differing opinions, I actually enjoyed the little scuttles we'd get into (not just you, all of us), or even times where we agreed on things. See or interpret things you might not have seen without someone praising or criticizing. NEW things. I never once made a post to "get a rise" out of someone, just question them.

If that constitutes as trolling, and I guess it does. I'm gone. I'm not looking for a pity party or anything but I just don't get how I'm the bad guy all of the sudden when we all go on these 360 degree (and mostly worthless) tantrums of why we like or don't like something. Whatever. Since my posting style seems to be viewed as instigation and not insight, I have no purpose here. You win, I'm gone.

Good. If you dont leave TDKR sections, that's fine, because ill leave myself. Im done with these stupid discussions. Im sorry that it had to be this thread, because the thread is fine. If i see something new brought up about Rises then ill add my thoughts to it but if it's just going to be hating repetition, im out, and ill hang my hat in the Batman vs Superman threads or other films that have nothing to do with Batman.

Defend yourself all you want, i dont believe it because you dont innocently come into these threads trying to have a civil discussion about the movie.

Sorry to the OP, you can finally have your thread back.

Woah alright, sh** just got real.

I'll keep this brief (if you're still reading milost), my point was...regardless of how I feel about Keaton being a small guy (It doesn't particularly bother me, I get what Burton was going for) I certainly wouldn't call him a "puny little ****" unless I was looking to egg Keaton/Burton fans on. There's just no way around that. Not to mention it just sounds like a pseudo-macho thing to say, normally associated with some of the less flattering stereotypes of fanboy behavior. Only I don't think you're that guy, I think you were pretending to be that guy just for kicks and to ruffle some feathers. That's why I called you out on it where I'd normally just ignore that kind of stuff.

But hey, with shauner and milost gone, things may finally start to cool down around here and I may not be far behind.

Lol, more drama for this fairly innocent thread.

Last edited:
Good. If you dont leave TDKR sections, that's fine, because ill leave myself. Im done with these stupid discussions. Im sorry that it had to be this thread, because the thread is fine. If i see something new brought up about Rises then ill add my thoughts to it but if it's just going to be hating repetition, im out, and ill hang my hat in the Batman vs Superman threads or other films that have nothing to do with Batman.

Defend yourself all you want, i dont believe it because you dont innocently come into these threads trying to have a civil discussion about the movie.

Sorry to the OP, you can finally have your thread back.

tumblr_mt6jjiqNpC1s3979jo1_500.gif

^I didn't mean for this thread to get this heated up lol.

Last edited:
The Joker said:
No it's not. Bane escaping from the worst prison in the world is his first significant victory and show of inner strength as a character. Followed by learning Batman's identity for himself. And finally wearing down and breaking Batman.

All three of which are missing from Nolan's Bane.

Other than breaking Batman (which happens in the Nolan version). The other two are very minor changes. Nolan didn't even change that completely. Nolan's Bane still was from a hellish prison (possibly born there, I don't believe it is ever stated but Bane seems to imply it) and he still knows who Batman is.

This is just nitpicking.

The Joker said:
Who says Bane is immune to pain in TDKR? I thought the function of the mask to keep the pain from the facial injuries he got in the pit at bay. Not to make him totally immune to feeling any pain at all. I must have missed the dialogue that said it did that.

Right. The mask dispenses a gas that acts as a pain killer to dull the immense pain from his facial injuries. That would undoubtedly dull the pain he feels throughout the rest of his body too. And we see that. Notice how he never reacts to any of Batman's blows until after he goes after the mask, at which point he can feel everything. I'm not saying he's immune to pain, but he's incredibly resistant to it because of the painkillers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"