The Dark Knight Favourite Ra's al Ghul in the media

so taken 3 is the batman prequel or RAS spinoff? or what?

If anything, I'd say Arrow is better than a lot of the Batman live action media. All it owes to the Batman mythos is Nolan's secularization of the comics. At this point, everybody has adopted th

What are your thoughts on Arrow's Ra's al Ghul and how that version compares to the others?
Matt-Nable-and-Katee-Sackhoff-in-Riddick.jpg

The writing is fine but the actor does a bad job. He doesn't have the presence for the role.

Voted Neeson. Ra's is my favorite villain more than the Joker. Part of this is bias, one of my all time favorite actors playing one of my all time favorite villains. And I could really get behind him more in Nolan's than the eco-terrorist. The eco-terrorist sounds a little like Poison Ivy, which always made me wonder why they didn't collaborate. I think the overall portrayal of Ra's by Neeson was fine, the mannerisms, the attitude, the overall notion of going through extreme measures to save the world and his respect towards the detective.

However, yes I did miss the Lazarus Pits. Honestly, my ideal Ra's I would have is the Nolanverse + the Lazarus Pits of the comics.

Oh and David Warner is awesome. I usually hear his voice when I read Ra's.

Voted Neeson. Ra's is my favorite villain more than the Joker. Part of this is bias, one of my all time favorite actors playing one of my all time favorite villains. And I could really get behind him more in Nolan's than the eco-terrorist. The eco-terrorist sounds a little like Poison Ivy, which always made me wonder why they didn't collaborate. I think the overall portrayal of Ra's by Neeson was fine, the mannerisms, the attitude, the overall notion of going through extreme measures to save the world and his respect towards the detective.

However, yes I did miss the Lazarus Pits. Honestly, my ideal Ra's I would have is the Nolanverse + the Lazarus Pits of the comics.

Oh and David Warner is awesome. I usually hear his voice when I read Ra's.

Detective!

Batman: The Animated Series
Batman Begins
Arrow

What are your thoughts on Arrow's Ra's al Ghul and how that version compares to the others?
Matt-Nable-and-Katee-Sackhoff-in-Riddick.jpg

Is that Katee Sackhoff of Battlestar Galactica fame beside him there? Don't tell me she is playing Talia.

I suppose because TDK is a specific film, and the only instalment of the Dark Knight Trilogy in which Ra's al Ghul does not appear.

and because ra's al ghul is not specific to nolan's trilogy. this should've been made in the dc comics forum.

Is that Katee Sackhoff of Battlestar Galactica fame beside him there? Don't tell me she is playing Talia.
That photo isn't even from Arrow. It must be from another movie that Matt Nable stars in, though I couldn't tell you which one.

Talia isn't in the show, though Katrina Law does play Ra's daughter Nyssa.

That photo isn't even from Arrow. It must be from another movie that Matt Nable stars in, though I couldn't tell you which one.

Talia isn't in the show, though Katrina Law does play Ra's daughter Nyssa.

Oh I see sorry. I just assumed it was because well it actually looks like a still of people in League of Shadows type clothing in some middle eastern location.

Ra's has a daughter called Nyssa? Where did that come from? Isn't that the name of the black haired daughter to the vampire overlord in Blade 2?

Oh I see sorry. I just assumed it was because well it actually looks like a still of people in League of Shadows type clothing in some middle eastern location.

Ra's has a daughter called Nyssa? Where did that come from? Isn't that the name of the black haired daughter to the vampire overlord in Blade 2?
Oh I don't blame you. I probably would have assumed the same thing if I'd never watched the show.

Apparently the Nyssa character did originate in the comics, though I can't honestly say I was very familiar with her until the show either: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Nyssa_Raatko_(New_Earth)

What's your favourite version of Ra's outside of the comics?

Liam Neeson was brilliant bring him to life, But I gotta give it to the DCAU David Warner as Ra's al Ghul still holds up the top spot for me.

Liam Neeson was brilliant bring him to life, But I gotta give it to the DCAU David Warner as Ra's al Ghul still holds up the top spot for me.

Its such a Bond ish/Lawrence of Arabia. Indiana jones type scene. He's definitely my favorite rogue by far.

DCAU all day. It's not even close for me.

And wouldn't this thread be better in the Batman World section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"