The Dark Knight Rises Best versions of Bane!

I like AO Bane more than Nolan one:

He certainly has a great theme:

[YT]uLZMmjPyQlQ[/YT]

By the way , i've been playing the AO game. Completely shambolics any sense of narrative in there , but most games don't aspire to anything but a breezy fun. Which it is. Sadly , its too damn easy.

Didn't say it wasn't. AO Bane Theme seems much better that's all.

Heh, just clicked them both and accidentally had them both playing at the same time. The chant improved the Arkham theme 100%. :woot:

Other than breaking Batman (which happens in the Nolan version).

He only got to break Batman because Batman was 8 years out of practice, holding himself up with a leg brace, and had a death wish.

The Joker and Two Face were more responsible for Batman being so easily broken than Bane was.

The other two are very minor changes.

Minor changes? Bane not being strong enough and intelligent enough to escape the worst prison ever is a minor change? Bane not being intelligent enough to figure Batman's identity out is a minor change?

If they're minor changes I'd hate to think what you consider significant.

Nolan didn't even change that completely. Nolan's Bane still was from a hellish prison (possibly born there, I don't believe it is ever stated but Bane seems to imply it) and he still knows who Batman is.

Without being the one who escaped that terrible prison, him being in there is worthless. That's the whole point of Bane being in there in the first place. He's born in hell, makes himself into something incredible, and escapes. In Nolan's he was just another inmate who played bodyguard to a child. The LOS had to rescue him and make him into something.

He only knew Batman's identity because the LOS told him. How Mr. Reese found out is more impressive than that.

Right. The mask dispenses a gas that acts as a pain killer to dull the immense pain from his facial injuries. That would undoubtedly dull the pain he feels throughout the rest of his body too.

Says who? That's conjecture. If he was totally immune to all pain then Nolan, the master of exposition and feeding details to the audience, would have specified that.

All we're told is it keeps the pain from his facial injuries at bay. Nothing more.

And we see that. Notice how he never reacts to any of Batman's blows until after he goes after the mask, at which point he can feel everything. I'm not saying he's immune to pain, but he's incredibly resistant to it because of the painkillers.

No I didn't notice that because that never happened. He reacts to all of Batman's blows. The only time he makes sounds of pain is when the mask breaks because he's in excruciating pain. That doesn't mean he wasn't feeling Batman's blows before the mask broke. Batman was pummeling the living hell out of Joker in the interrogation room and he wasn't crying out in pain. He was laughing. Doesn't mean he wasn't feeling the pain.

I never got the impression that it was a localized anesthetic, since it's something he breathes in. I figure it was more like morphine or some sort of opioid analgesic solution. Which as I understand it would affect how your brain responds to pain by limiting the number of pain signals sent from your nervous system to the brain and/or increasing dopamine levels. Morphine and drugs like it are usually used to treat some sort of chronic pain, but it's because of the way that they numb people out that they can be addictive.

I think the main purpose of the mask is both a symbol ("Nobody cared who I was..") and just a means of dispersing the drug into his system on the go. Obviously the reason he needs it is for his facial injuries, but drugs certainly can have other side effects.

Last edited:
Bacne lol

You can't deny this section of the boards is entertaining.

Where's the dude who proclaimed he could beat Tom Hardy ?
Bacne.... take away the c...and it's "bane"..... do you think it's a clue...?

He only got to break Batman because Batman was 8 years out of practice, holding himself up with a leg brace, and had a death wish.

The Joker and Two Face were more responsible for Batman being so easily broken than Bane was.

Minor changes? Bane not being strong enough and intelligent enough to escape the worst prison ever is a minor change? Bane not being intelligent enough to figure Batman's identity out is a minor change?

If they're minor changes I'd hate to think what you consider significant.

Without being the one who escaped that terrible prison, him being in there is worthless. That's the whole point of Bane being in there in the first place. He's born in hell, makes himself into something incredible, and escapes. In Nolan's he was just another inmate who played bodyguard to a child. The LOS had to rescue him and make him into something.

He only knew Batman's identity because the LOS told him. How Mr. Reese found out is more impressive than that.

Says who? That's conjecture. If he was totally immune to all pain then Nolan, the master of exposition and feeding details to the audience, would have specified that.

All we're told is it keeps the pain from his facial injuries at bay. Nothing more.

No I didn't notice that because that never happened. He reacts to all of Batman's blows. The only time he makes sounds of pain is when the mask breaks because he's in excruciating pain. That doesn't mean he wasn't feeling Batman's blows before the mask broke. Batman was pummeling the living hell out of Joker in the interrogation room and he wasn't crying out in pain. He was laughing. Doesn't mean he wasn't feeling the pain.

Not to get drawn into another Bane debate, but I always thought it dulled him to pain. If not all together, it certainly made him not feel it as much. I get that he is feeling agonizing pain on his face, but he also is finally feeling Bruce's hits while previously he just shrugged them off.

And at the risk of giving you more reason to despise Rises, I also took it as a lift from the less-remembered Brosnan Bond movie The World is Not Enough. Like that, the main Bond girl (Sophie Marceau) turns out to be the villain pulling the strings all along and the "main villain" (Renard) is doing it out of love for her, on a suicide mission no less. And he also cannot feel any pain, as he has a bullet in his head from 003 or whoever that makes him impervious to pain until the day he dies.

With that said, TWINE I think is better than people recall (it has a bad rap because the skiing action sequence is dull and Denise Richards has a supporting part), but it is flawed and TDKR did it a whole lot better. Renard in that movie is the love sick lackey that you claim Bane is, but it is still somewhat refreshing, if only because they'd never had a Bond girl be the main villain. The movie also still has Denise Richards in it. :p

Similar to how he lifted the climax of On Her Majesty's Secret Service for Inception, and the opening for mediocre License to Kill for his opening TDKR, Nolan shamelessly steals from the Bond movies and tries to improve on their concepts, and usually has done so (though I still like OHMSS).

But yes, I feel both Talia and Bane's lack of pain are an extension of that. The latter of which does not bug me, because it is frankly a cooler gimmick than him being a steroid addict, which just makes him look like a weak idiot in his own right.

Not to get drawn into another Bane debate, but I always thought it dulled him to pain. If not all together, it certainly made him not feel it as much. I get that he is feeling agonizing pain on his face, but he also is finally feeling Bruce's hits while previously he just shrugged them off.

And at the risk of giving you more reason to despise Rises, I also took it as a lift from the less-remembered Brosnan Bond movie The World is Not Enough. Like that, the main Bond girl (Sophie Marceau) turns out to be the villain pulling the strings all along and the "main villain" (Renard) is doing it out of love for her, on a suicide mission no less. And he also cannot feel any pain, as he has a bullet in his head from 003 or whoever that makes him impervious to pain until the day he dies.

With that said, TWINE I think is better than people recall (it has a bad rap because the skiing action sequence is dull and Denise Richards has a supporting part), but it is flawed and TDKR did it a whole lot better. Renard in that movie is the love sick lackey that you claim Bane is, but it is still somewhat refreshing, if only because they'd never had a Bond girl be the main villain. The movie also still has Denise Richards in it. :p

Similar to how he lifted the climax of On Her Majesty's Secret Service for Inception, and the opening for mediocre License to Kill for his opening TDKR, Nolan shamelessly steals from the Bond movies and tries to improve on their concepts, and usually has done so (though I still like OHMSS).

But yes, I feel both Talia and Bane's lack of pain are an extension of that. The latter of which does not bug me, because it is frankly a cooler gimmick than him being a steroid addict, which just makes him look like a weak idiot in his own right.

The difference is The World is Not Enough spelled out that Renard had a bullet in the brain killing off his senses. Touch, smell, he felt no pain and could push himself harder and stronger than any normal man. The bullet would eventually kill him but he would grow stronger every day until the day he dies. Spelled out clearly in the movie with no room for doubt. It showed it, too, with him picking up scalding hot rocks in his bare hands with no bother at all.

Where in TDKR do we get any kind of explanation or hint that Bane is immune to pain, or even dulled to it in general? We don't. All we're told is the mask keeps the pain he got from his facial injuries in the pit at bay. That's it. No general immunity or dulling to pain. That's unfounded conjecture.

We were told Dent was in agonizing pain all the time when he got half his face burned, but he refused medication and skin grafts. Did we hear him moaning in pain all the time in his Two Face scenes? No.

So beyond mere conjecture, there's no valid reason to think Bane was immune to pain. None at all.

Last edited:
Atleast this second debate is more civil than the last one lol(that **** was ww2!)

The difference is The World is Not Enough spelled out that Renard had a bullet in the brain killing off his senses. Touch, smell, he felt no pain and could push himself harder and stronger than any normal man. The bullet would eventually kill him but he would grow stronger every day until the day he dies. Spelled out clearly in the movie with no room for doubt. It showed it, too, with him picking up scalding hot rocks in his bare hands with no bother at all.

Where in TDKR do we get any kind of explanation or hint that Bane is immune to pain, or even dulled to it in general? We don't. All we're told is the mask keeps the pain he got from his facial injuries in the pit at bay. That's it. No general immunity or dulling to pain. That's unfounded conjecture.

We were told Dent was in agonizing pain all the time when he got half his face burned, but he refused medication and skin grafts. Did we hear him moaning in pain all the time in his Two Face scenes? No.

So beyond mere conjecture, there's no valid reason to think Bane was immune to pain. None at all.

He wears a mask that is feeding him painkillers 24/7 for scars on his face. The painkillers would also apply to any other pain he experiences. It is just there.

He wears a mask that is feeding him painkillers 24/7 for scars on his face. The painkillers would also apply to any other pain he experiences. It is just there.

Says who? The painkillers he takes through the mask are to stop the "perpetual agony" he would normally be feeling from not feeling excruciating. How does that translate to him being immune to feeling pain in general? Why would Nolan omit such an important detail as the villain being numb to any pain if that was the case? He wouldn't. Therefore he didn't, because that wasn't the case.

But if you do have some actual proof from the movie that he did, then let me know. I'll be all ears.

Last edited:
It's just the way painkillers work. An inhalant would not be the way to achieve a localized anesthetic. Pain is something in the brain, painkillers work by stopping those signals sent there by your nervous system. Local anesthetics can only really work via injection, with the only real exception to that being topical creams that don't last very long. I never really thought about this much other than that I naturally assumed an inhalant would dull pain for him in general which still accomplishes the job of keeping the chronic pain in his face at bay.

I don't think it's spelled out in the movie because it's not terribly important to the plot either way. It's not what defines his strength in the movie, he'd be formidable without that anyway.

But I do think the parallel of Bane not feeling pain/fear is there to emphasize how Bruce is able to defeat/overcome him by regaining his basic humanity.

Says who? The painkillers he takes through the mask are to stop the "perpetual agony" he would normally be feeling from not feeling excruciating. How does that translate to him being immune to feeling pain in general? Why would Nolan omit such an important detail as the villain being numb to any pain if that was the case? He wouldn't. Therefore he didn't, because that wasn't the case.

But if you do have some actual proof from the movie that he did, then let me know. I'll be all ears.

Painkillers do not target one part of the body. They numb you to the sensation of pain. It is not like the gas or whatever it is that he is breathing would exclude pain in his arm, because his face is worse. It is common sense.

Only 27 voters?? this place is deeead :(

Painkillers do not target one part of the body. They numb you to the sensation of pain. It is not like the gas or whatever it is that he is breathing would exclude pain in his arm, because his face is worse. It is common sense.

Exactly. That's how painkillers work. We don't need to be told that any more than we need to be told that the Tumblers need gas to run.

In this case, given what we are told about Bane's injuries and how he instantly reacts as soon as the mask is removed, the painkillers he's using would have to be particularly strong. This would dull his ability to feel pain throughout his body. It has been known to happen to wrestlers and football players who get addicted to painkillers. There have been cases where guys have been seriously injured and they felt nothing (which is actually very dangerous).

Other than breaking Batman (which happens in the Nolan version). The other two are very minor changes. Nolan didn't even change that completely. Nolan's Bane still was from a hellish prison (possibly born there, I don't believe it is ever stated but Bane seems to imply it) and he still knows who Batman is.

This is just nitpicking.

We don't know that, I don't remember Bane ever implying that as much as I want to believe he was born there. Being from a hellish prison doesn't mean much difference. It was the fact that he escaped unaided and survived there as a child (he even kills a hardened prisoner at that age) that made Bane significant. As far as we know he was just a prisoner there who helped Talia escape and became an excellent fighter with training from the LOS. We never know for certain what his origin was and I never liked that.

A mysterious origin worked for Joker but not so much for Bane IMO.

We don't know that, I don't remember Bane ever implying that as much as I want to believe he was born there. Being from a hellish prison doesn't mean much difference. It was the fact that he escaped unaided and survived there as a child (he even kills a hardened prisoner at that age) that made Bane significant. As far as we know he was just a prisoner there who helped Talia escape and became an excellent fighter with training from the LOS. We never know for certain what his origin was and I never liked that.

A mysterious origin worked for Joker but not so much for Bane IMO.
He was born there.

Bane: Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

He was born there.

Bane: Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but BLINDING!

But they later revealed that the child was Talia. He "merely adopted" Talia's backstory.

But they later revealed that the child was Talia. He "merely adopted" Talia's backstory.

Lol nice one, but she also adopted most his comic book backstory. Double fail on his part

No, it's not common sense. If you are on pain killers, especially a specific kind for a specific pain, and you get punched or stabbed or burned or what ever, you would feel the pain. It wouldn't make your whole body immune or numb to it. It's called pain relief, not pain immunity. That's why the guy in the pit says the mask is for the pain in his face. It keeps that at bay. That's what the gas or what ever it is he inhales is for. It's not for his whole body.

If Bane was numb or immune to pain entirely do you really think Nolan would omit mentioning that major detail? Of course not. That's why you've got no proof from the movie that it does. Because it's not true. If you ever do get proof of it, then you can claim it. Until then you've got nothing. That's where you always fall short in these debates, DaCrowe. You get asked to cough up proof to back what you're saying and you never can.

Exactly. That's how painkillers work. We don't need to be told that any more than we need to be told that the Tumblers need gas to run.

That is not how painkillers work. Unless it's some made up comic book meds Bane is on, there is no way he is immune to pain. Either way it's a major detail Nolan would not omit. That his villain doesn't feel pain. The movie specifies Bane's mask keeps his pain from his facial injuries at bay. Nothing more.

Unless you have a single shred of proof associated with this movie that says otherwise, you and DaCrowe are talking unfounded conjecture.

Last edited:
I dont believe that for one second. I never will. He was telling Batman his backstory. Talia and Bane were both born in the prison, Talia escaped by herself (but with help from bane) while he didnt escape on his own (Talia helped him by getting Ras to pull him out).

He didnt see the light until he was a man. He was born there, just like he was in the comics. Probably the same way, because of his father's crimes. Ill always believe that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"