Best/Worst Character Revamps

I never thought of that, but I think you're right. Though, they're not really dreads. Too smooth and pointy. It's just heavily gelled.

joker59cl.jpg

silvercourtjesterhatsA9921.jpg

yep

I had to get use to Joker over time but now I'm fine with it...The Riddler is voiced by Freddy Krueger so I have to like him....The Worst?....Bane, Mr. Freeze and Killer Croc(voiced by Hellboy, but)....

I really like the Joker and Riddler of the show. The Penguin works for me, too. And in that future episode, Mr. Freeze was also really cool. The rest are all okay, except for maybe Bane.

Aren't the Jokers dreads supposed to resemble a jesters hat?
not only that, all his mannerisms are more like a jester...

like if his joke's were more physical based when he was normal while tas' would have been more straight talking standup

So far, I've taken The Batman as an "Ultimate Batman" type of thing. It's not tryin to do the same things that the Timm series did. Which I like. It gives us interesting twists on the characters and new looks for them. While I'm still not too happy with the Marilyn Manson Riddler. I like the voice casting for him. Robert Englund is awesome as the Riddler.

The Joker was someone I didnt like at first. But after watchin the first set of episodes a couple of times, the look finally settled with me. It took me a while tho. It's not regular Joker. It's "Ultimate" Joker. (Like look at Ultimate Spidey's take on Eddie Brock, Jr. Not the same as 616 Eddie)

Mr. Freeze I like his revamp. I don't like that they took away his best part bout him. But it's tryin to do stuff differently then the previous series. So it gets a plus in my book cause of that.

Bane: I can only handle him in one episode. don't like him besides that.

Gearhead: I'd like to see more of him. But I think his purpose was just to help introduce the new Batmobile.

I think the problem is, they don't even attempt to make them anything like thier originals. And what makes it worse is, at the same time, they don't even truly revamp them. They just make them stupid techno-freak look on them and then edit out their best qualities (Mr. Freeze for example).

This thread actually insPired me to do my own ridiculously overdone character revamps. Here's my "Ultimate" Penguin.
ja25001vh5.jpg

Oswald Cobblepot has always been a rogue of style and class but nobody really takes the robber baron look seriously anymore so he's been upgraded(?) to the modern equivalent; a pimp! Well, a "flamboyantly eccentric businessman" attired in black and white with faded sideburns to give him the look of his namesake. By night he runs a club for Gotham's fabulous but by...uh, night too I guess, he runs an illegal shipping cartel supplying the city's criminals with weapons and the occasional illegal exotic pets for his aviary. Man's got too much resPect to rob banks and museums.

Aren't the Jokers dreads supposed to resemble a jesters hat?

I dont know why but I have never noticed that, it actually makes more sence now with what there doing with him.

Some times Im very dence.

I think the problem is, they don't even attempt to make them anything like thier originals. And what makes it worse is, at the same time, they don't even truly revamp them. They just make them stupid techno-freak look on them and then edit out their best qualities (Mr. Freeze for example).

Lol,You havn't read any "Ultimate Marvel" books have you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shocker_(comics)#Ultimate_Shocker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_(comics)#Ultimate_Electro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandman_(Marvel_Comics)#Ultimate_Sandman

I just realized Penguins' hair is probly based on that of rockhopper/macaroni penguins...
penguins_rockhopper_med.jpg

Firefly was awesome, The Riddler was creepy (good thing), the joker was decent, but I like TAS better, Never heard of Gearhead before this, thought he was pretty cool, Nice to see an animated Black Mask (he was pretty badass). Ragdoll was cool, manbat was cool, I also liked spellbinder, The terrible trio were pretty cool, like the connection between them and Langstrom.

Freeze was horrible, they showed have stuck with the freeze gun and wife storyline, Bane's legs are too small. and he was too, too big.

Am I the only one how likes how The Batman did Mr Freeze (costume and power wise)?

I think that Mr. Freeze is more interesting in this show because he has actual powers & not just some dumb freeze gun. I also like the design a lot more than in TAS but the way Freeze was portrayed in TAS was much better, even though the design wasn't.

aesthetically, Freeze's design looks cooler but it's hard enough to see through clear ice. That jagged ***** would make it impossible to walk around without tripping ESpECIALLY in those platforms. The powers are a nice touch though.

What pun?

Also, does Riddler remind anyone else of Ghoul from Batman Beyond?
ghoul.jpg

No, they're actually really different. I think that this show needs to do what Batman: TAS did, which was go for a new style of animation by changing the appearance of the characters for the rest of the show.

Here's some more of my best/worst revamps in the series:

Black Mask: He's such a badass in this show. He's a remorseless killer, and they way he talks in a grave voice and the mask's mouth not moving just make him more creepy.

Maxie Zeus: Even though he only had one episode, the crew actually made a threatning version of Maxie, who's no longer the butt in everyone's joke, complete with a giant airship with a heat cannon, a large army of Roman-armored soldiers, and an electric armor for himself. Plus, the guy blew up an entire building and everyone in it at the beginning of the episode. How cool is that?

And here's for some bad ones as well:

Count Vertigo: He was lame in comics. He is still lame here.

Clayface 2: Not worthy of the Clayface mantle. Basil Karlo is not as interesting as Ethan Bennett or Matt Hagen.

07232006.jpg

Bane01.jpg

thebatman_bane_wallpaper_1280.jpg

bane1th.jpg

bane34.jpg

bane41.jpg

Lots more here...
http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/spawn47/Marvel/?start=200

My biggest problem with Maxie Zeus was that here was a guy who had everything you said, Sly, airship, heat cannon, army, blows up a building, holds a city under seige. Never mind how the hell a politician, whose life would be under a magnifying glass, put this all together, what I wanna know is WHERE THE F*#! was the U.S. Military? Army, National Guard, friggin' Air Force, man! Something like that goes down in a major American city and the only cat to do anything about it is a potentially crazed vigilante with no government affiliation and a teenaged sidekick? What is this, the Teen Titans universe?

Thanks a lot.

So, which villains do you all want to see next? I'm rooting for Two-Face, he's long overdue to be in this series.

Am I the only one how likes how The Batman did Mr Freeze (costume and power wise)?
only in the artifacts episode, probably the best design of mr freeze i've ever seen.

far far superior to his future design in batman beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"