Bettie Page at 80

Mr Sparkle said:
chill pill + you = better hype experience.

wil has shown huge restraint with you, he's usually far more "brutal"

haha is that supposed to be patronising? you can be as brutal as you want. and the whole "calm down" thing is pretty redundant since i am simply discussing an issue.

the hysterical victim thing was a joke based on stereotype, cha-chi

Mr Sparkle said:
chill pill + you = better hype experience.

wil has shown huge restraint with you, he's usually far more "brutal"
gna-ha HAhawhaha. s'true.

and? cue the "oh please, a "BIG MAN" on the intarwebs, I'm shakin'" in 3...2...1..

EDIT: :eek: sorry...0...-1...-2...-3...

i have no idea why you are getting so uppity. as i say be as brutal as you like tiger. you cant see me crying through my computer screen

miss chainsaw said:
i just cannot believe you can even start to debate the fact that women's bodies are entirely more controlled and fetishised than men's.

And I think you're over-generalizing and painting a picture of women's persecution in today's current socio-political environment that is far worse than reality. In the 50', 60's and 70's, yes, women were definitely held to a different standard regarding looks. I don't see that as such a distinction for only women these days. Why else do you have 15 year old boys pumping steroids so they can look like their favorite action heroes? Or pec, ab, bicep and glute implants for men? Or Hair Club for men? Or all the men's hair coloring products on the market? It's just as bad for men as it is for women in this day and age.

jag

jaguarr said:
And I think you're over-generalizing and painting a picture of women's persecution in today's current socio-political environment that is far worse than reality. In the 50', 60's and 70's, yes, women were definitely held to a different standard regarding looks. I don't see that as such a distinction for only women these days. Why else do you have 15 year old boys pumping steroids so they can look like their favorite action heroes? Or pec, ab, bicep and glute implants for men? Or Hair Club for men? Or all the men's hair coloring products on the market? It's just as bad for men as it is for women in this day and age.

jag

ok. in the 50s and 60s there was something known as the "feminine mystique" which wasnt so much about looks but about being "feminine". in those days being feminine meant getting married, keeping a nice house, having lovely children etc. etc. (if you really must have proof check out the feminine mystique by betty friedan)

since women's lib in the late 60s - 70s a new form of control has come into play, which is known as "the beauty myth" (named after naomi wolf's book). i probably shouldnt even bother trying to explain it to you anymore, but if you are really interested (which im sure you are not) check out the books.

Could you make a bunch more assumptions about me, please? I'm starting to find it less irritating and more amusing. :up:

jag

this went from Betty Paige loving to "boo hoo, guys don't like fat chicks boo hoo"

:mad:

i dont understand why you say im making assumptions about you. i have said it is good to see people who dont seem to subscribe to "the norm". but desperately trying to defend yourself from accusations which i have not made makes you come across as rather insecure.

Lackey said:
this went from Betty Paige loving to "boo hoo, guys don't like fat chicks boo hoo"

its nothing to do with me being fat, im not fat. but the fact that i even had to type that proves my point.

Mr Sparkle said:
have you ever noticed that for the most part, the people that set those standards (beauty magazine editors, fashion designers etc.) are either females or homosexuals?

ahem.

miss chainsaw said:
i dont understand why you say im making assumptions about you. i have said it is good to see people who dont seem to subscribe to "the norm". but desperately trying to defend yourself from accusations which i have not made makes you come across as rather insecure.

Ahem....

miss chainsaw said:
i probably shouldnt even bother trying to explain it to you anymore, but if you are really interested (which im sure you are not) check out the books.

Smells an awful lot like an assumption to me.

jag

miss chainsaw said:
its nothing to do with me being fat, im not fat. but the fact that i even had to type that proves my point.

I didn't say you were fat, but that fact that you felt you had to tell me you weren't proves my point. :o

Lackey said:

some guys do :mad: my ex was pretty "thick" (sic) and I loved her something fierce and back when he had first started dating she was fresh out of highschool with a cheeleader's body.

and "I" didn't care.

Lackey said:
I didn't say you were fat, but that fact that you felt you had to tell me you weren't proves my points. :o

ok so now im supposed to post my pictures to prove im not ugly and fat. i see how this goes.

Carter said:
I'm not a fan of the fat chicks

that's because you're impossibly shallow, you're actually like a ridge more than a valley.

i also dont like fat chicks and im totally shallow calling people ugly and ****. its sickening really.

Mr Sparkle said:
that's because you're impossibly shallow, you're actually like a ridge more than a valley.

guilty

miss chainsaw said:
ok so now im supposed to post my pictures to prove im not ugly and fat. i see how this goes.

I don't think that's the point Lackey was trying to make, nor was he baiting you into posting pictures of yourself.

jag

Mr Sparkle said:
there's a lot of "aheming" going on here :mad:
Quit being sexist people...throw in an AHER or two also.

jaguarr said:
I don't think that's the point Lackey was trying to make, nor was he baiting you into posting pictures of yourself.

jag

i think there is maybe a total divide between the way i am trying to come across and the way you are seeing it. i was being ironic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"